TAL Sampler - discussion

Official support for: tal-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Creating this as an ongoing place for discussion, feature requests etc. to keep the version/updates thread clean so people can subscribe to it and only get notifications when a plugin has been updated. :tu: viewtopic.php?t=592462

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 09.34.49.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

Feature request.
The ability to drag-n-drop more than 1 sample from tal-sampler's browser (Shift click to select more samples) into the mapping editor.
As of now, loading tal-sampler with in carla in reaper (Linux), I can grab, drag-n-drop as many samples ( sliced loops, samples with no mapping priority,etc) as needed at once from any folder on my pc into tal-sampler's mapping editor and all will be mapped automatically.
It would be awesome if it all could be done from within tal-sampler's browser. :pray:

yeah makes sense, I'm confused it doesn't work like that already. I'll have a chat with Patrick about it. Cheers.
emptyvessel
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.

Found new bug in version 4.4.5
The (individual) filter freq. of LAYER B is not modulatable when selected in matrix.
Instead , choosing LAYER'S D filter frequency will modulate the filter freq. of LAYER B ( and D °)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:57 pm Found new bug in version 4.4.5
The (individual) filter freq. of LAYER B is not modulatable when selected in matrix.
Instead , choosing LAYER'S D filter frequency will modulate the filter freq. of LAYER B ( and D °)
Confirmed (Win, VST3)

Confirmed on linux VST3

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:57 pm Found new bug in version 4.4.5
Thanks for the report and thanks both for checking and confirming :tu:
I'll pass it on to Patrick (unless you already also emailed TAL)
emptyvessel

Hey all, I noticed just this week working on a new TAL Sampler pack that when you turn up the reverb, especially at large SIZE settings, that the volume of the preset is boosted way up as you increase the wet settings.
I'm really sure it didn't used to happen since...I use reverb...ahem...quite a bit :D But Patrick's concerned if it's always been like this and he corrects it that it changes the sound of older presets, which is fair enough of course.
Anyone have any gut feelings on this? I'm really sure I would have noticed if it was always like this.
emptyvessel

Maybe have lines to indicate the start and end of the sample and loops.
I mean can you see where the start and end is here?
tal sampler start end.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:22 pm Maybe have lines to indicate the start and end of the sample and loops.
Maybe it's more obvious for me because of the fade, or perhaps my colour scheme but I see my loop points fine. No, I can't see them in your example though.
Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 09.59.18.png
emptyvessel

EmptyVessel wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:50 pmPatrick's concerned if it's always been like this and he corrects it that it changes the sound of older presets, which is fair enough of course.
He is correct, but on v3.7.1 the volume increases only when both Wet and Size are over '50' which is rather extreme. I flipped through a bunch of presets (including yours) and while many use large Size, they all had the good taste to not crank up Wet at the same time, so it may be of no practical concern. And the master volume is close at hand.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

EmptyVessel wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:21 pm
Thanks for the report and thanks both for checking and confirming :tu:
I'll pass it on to Patrick (unless you already also emailed TAL)
Yeah sorry , I already emailed patrick about the bug
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Michael L wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:34 pm He is correct, but on v3.7.1 the volume increases only when both Wet and Size are over '50' which is rather extreme. I flipped through a bunch of presets (including yours) and while many use large Size, they all had the good taste to not crank up Wet at the same time, so it may be of no practical concern. And the master volume is close at hand.
that's great to know Michael, thank you. I tend to go quite large on Size but usually the wet level would be quite low. Perhaps on my early presets I was a bit heavy handed but over 50% is a lot even for me :) I was fine-tuning some modulation and the low and high pass on the reverb and cranked it to 100% temporarily to really hear what I was doing and got a shock how loud the level suddenly was! Cheers for the follow-up, much appreciated.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:48 pm Yeah sorry , I already emailed patrick about the bug
Please don't apologise, just wanted to make sure. Now he has two emails about it :D
emptyvessel

EmptyVessel wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:00 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:22 pm Maybe have lines to indicate the start and end of the sample and loops.
Maybe it's more obvious for me because of the fade, or perhaps my colour scheme but I see my loop points fine. No, I can't see them in your example though.
Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 09.59.18.png
I'm pretty sure mine is the default skin though. Or at least one of the factory options. Regardless, start and end, and loop points should be visible no matter the skin.

EmptyVessel wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:50 pm Hey all, I noticed just this week working on a new TAL Sampler pack that when you turn up the reverb, especially at large SIZE settings, that the volume of the preset is boosted way up as you increase the wet settings.
I'm really sure it didn't used to happen since...I use reverb...ahem...quite a bit :D But Patrick's concerned if it's always been like this and he corrects it that it changes the sound of older presets, which is fair enough of course.
Anyone have any gut feelings on this? I'm really sure I would have noticed if it was always like this.
You don’t keep something broken just because previous instruments were made with the broken settings. It needs to be fixed 😐
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “TAL Software”