trouble with fh2 and fhx-8cv

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im having trouble with connecting my FHX-8CV to my FH-2. its ribbon is connected with the stripe down on both, and on the expander its connected to the in. im trying to directly control the 8cv's outs with my hapax but i seem to be only able to reach the fh-2s outs. what should i do?

From the FH-2's test menu, do "test FHX-8CV". Does that do anything?

At power up, does the FHX-8CV flash all 8 of its LEDs after about 10 seconds? If so, that indicates a connection problem.

the menu test lights up all the outputs solid and the power on only flashes initially for a tiny fraction of a second and no other lights. it may be the hapax definition, as im unable to automate with direct control any but whats on the fh-2.

so i have assigned the outs of the 8cv to ch1, cc 100-107 and still nothing is lighting up the expander. i send cc100 to it from hapax and nothing.

Could you save your config from the config tool and attach it here?

config.rar
it wont let me upload syx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

i got it to work. thanks for your help!

You got the upload to work or you got the FHX-8CV to work? If the latter, what was wrong?

i was able to get the fh-2 config to make the 8cv outputs respond to direct control over cc.

one strange thing tho, once i set it up i saved a preset on the module its self. onece i rebooted and loaded the preset i saved, it turned out not to have saved the 8cv settings unless im missing something. im fully willing to take responsibility for being the dummy in this case haha

Is it possible you confused saving a Preset with saving a Configuration?

you and your products are brilliant! im grateful for your attention

Return to “Expert Sleepers”