Lydia Deetz ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I channeled my inner 90s goth girl on this one. It's cheesy AF, but I still like it.

https://soundcloud.com/eassae/lydia-deetz/s-Z0r7ISFLcI3
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

I re-uploaded the track. I was hearing a latency/phase issue on the initial transients of the crashes. I traced the problem back to Valhalla Room on Sulaco mode. Must have had something to do with how it did the initial echos? I switched it out for Vintage Verb, and I think it took care of the issue.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

This is brilliant.
There's an Annette Strean (Venus Hum) vibe to the vocals. The song Hummingbirds.
I'd give a limb to be able to produce a sound anywhere close to that. Fantastic.

Not cheesy in my opinion. Nice crisp production with plenty of ear candy. Very enjoyable track! :tu:

Lydia Deetz: Is it cheesy? Mmmm - a little maybe. :o

The elements of bass, kick and the female voice go well together
here. You've put together a nice rhythm with very "breaky" parts
that unfolds a spacious, enrapturing atmosphere. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

redmaggott wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:59 pm This is brilliant.
There's an Annette Strean (Venus Hum) vibe to the vocals. The song Hummingbirds.
I'd give a limb to be able to produce a sound anywhere close to that. Fantastic.
Thank you very much redmaggott. I'm not familiar with Venus Hum, but I'll definitely check them out.
eassae.com

If you do, please let me know what you think. They're fantastic, made some superb tunes, yet they're not well known at all. As I said, Annette Strean has a fabulous voice.
Their album, Big Beatiful Sky, was released in 2003. I can't believe it was 20 years ago. Worth spending half an hour to discover their excellent songs.
I first came across Venus Hum around 2006, not from their own work, but from a Blue Man Group concert. Venus Hum joined them to perform the classic Donna Summer tune, I Feel Love. She absolutely nails it. Great performance.
Definitely worth checking out - sg76hgRfz4E on yt.

Brilliant, indeed!
Not cheesy at all!
Love the complexity of this recording!
Fab vocals, love her!!!
Thanks for this beauty!!!

I don't think its cheesy either.
Cool music and a lovely floating vocal.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I loved the vocal melodies on this track. They were a lovely fit with the other instrumentation/music, and the reverb enhanced their sound so well. Great frequency balance across the whole track.

Good work :)

Very nice production. Lots of variation to keep you interested.
I also like how the bass disappears sometimes, nice touch!

Frantz wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:54 am Not cheesy in my opinion. Nice crisp production with plenty of ear candy. Very enjoyable track! :tu:
Cheers Frantz :tu:
eassae.com

redmaggott wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:30 pm If you do, please let me know what you think. They're fantastic, made some superb tunes, yet they're not well known at all. As I said, Annette Strean has a fabulous voice.
Their album, Big Beatiful Sky, was released in 2003. I can't believe it was 20 years ago. Worth spending half an hour to discover their excellent songs.
I first came across Venus Hum around 2006, not from their own work, but from a Blue Man Group concert. Venus Hum joined them to perform the classic Donna Summer tune, I Feel Love. She absolutely nails it. Great performance.
Definitely worth checking out - sg76hgRfz4E on yt.
I had a chance to listen to some of their tracks yesterday. Really nice stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.
eassae.com

Very nice! :tu:

eassae wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:39 pm I had a chance to listen to some of their tracks yesterday. Really nice stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.
Excellent. I'm happy to hear that you liked their music.
I'm a little surprised that a band that made solid electronic tunes, fronted by a superb singer, are virtually unknown.
A pity that songs like Soul Sloshing, Montana and Hummingbirds have gone under the radar.

Return to “Music Cafe”