Which Electric Guitar?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to decide between Rock Standard, Strawberry or Stratosphere.
I'm trying to replicate sounds suitable for music like modern pop/hip hop

Statosphere is going to give you that thinner sound (though it can get thick). Strawberry is thicker and richer in sound, and Rock standard is heavy...think 70's rock.

Of course all are very flexible. Listen to the demos. That will help. Strawberry would put you in the middle (IMO).

I would go with Rock Standard. I have Rock Standard and Stratosphere. They both have their place, but I feel that Rock Standard has a wider gamut of sound possibilities because it has more tone to start with and its easier to make Rock Standard sound like Stratosphere than the other way around. I don't have any experience with Strawberry, but to be honest, I don't own it because I wasn't that impressed with what I've heard from it. I love Rock Standard and Stratosphere (and the nylon acoustic).

Fair warning about Evolution Rock Standard, though: unless there’s something I don’t know about, as far as pickup positions go, you can only choose a rear pickup-only position or a front pickup-only one—-no blended middle position using both pickups. I think that has to do with the specific vintage Gibson Les Paul guitar that they sampled to create the library having faulty wiring in the middle position, or something. I’ve spoken to Gregjazz, or whoever runs his social media accounts, about this online, and he’s mentioned that they were searching for some kind of solution to the issue that would provide the library with a blended front-and-rear selection in a future update, but that hasn’t yet happened as far as I know.

At the time of recording Evolution Rock Standard, we hadn't really made it standard practice to simultaneously record each pickup as a separate signal. That being said, I'm nearly done developing some new tech that will allow us to let you blend between the neck and bridge pickup signals just as if we had recorded them simultaneously. So the plan is to update Rock Standard to add a proper pickup blend option (including the middle position) instead of only being able to switch between the bridge/neck pickups.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Thank you for letting us know, Greg, and sorry for any embarrassment I might have caused you. Looking forward to the update!!

P.S.: Do you plan to apply this new technology to all of the electric guitar libraries at some point down the line, or just Evolution Rock Standard? Will volume and tone controls also be included?!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”