Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

djanthonyw wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:44 pm I can't get this to pass AU validation in Logic 10.7.8. Is there a fix?
Assuming you mean the microQ emu, this is from their Discord channel:
As a reminder, you will need to run the following xattr commands from Terminal to reference the actual path and filename of the plugin files you want to "fix" and allow as unsigned plugins to validate and work. Use the examples below (filling in the blanks of the plugin names and correct paths if yours are different):

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Vavra.vst3

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Vavra.vst

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Vavra.component

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/CLAP/Vavra.clap
Without guarantee, as I don't use Mac OS.

chk071 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:25 pm
djanthonyw wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:44 pm I can't get this to pass AU validation in Logic 10.7.8. Is there a fix?
Assuming you mean the microQ emu, this is from their Discord channel:
As a reminder, you will need to run the following xattr commands from Terminal to reference the actual path and filename of the plugin files you want to "fix" and allow as unsigned plugins to validate and work. Use the examples below (filling in the blanks of the plugin names and correct paths if yours are different):

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Vavra.vst3

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Vavra.vst

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Vavra.component

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/CLAP/Vavra.clap
Without guarantee, as I don't use Mac OS.
The Osirus version. I tried using the command in Terminal for the component, but still crashing.

You are currently reading my signature.

Was this the exact command you used?

Code: Select all

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Osirus.component
Otherwise, no idea, sorry. You might want to ask on their Discord channel: https://discord.com/invite/WJ9cxySnsM

chk071 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:10 am Was this the exact command you used?

Code: Select all

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Osirus.component
Otherwise, no idea, sorry. You might want to ask on their Discord channel: https://discord.com/invite/WJ9cxySnsM
Thanks! it looks like it was because I didn't have a rom in the directory.
You are currently reading my signature.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/dsp563 ... /downloads

I've uploaded a preview of a bank I'm working on. 10 presets in .syx format with instruction on how to load. (I'd love it if someone with an actual Virus C would see if they work in the hardware version, but I know nothing about how that works) Thanks and I hope you enjoy.

Finally got all 47 presets in a .mid bank format. Download here :
https://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=3734

Will try and make a new demo soon.

Great!!
Viper, Nordlead 2X, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Synapse Orion Platinum

SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:08 pm I agree Spire probably sounds better than these old emulated synths, but they have a lot of history (and pre-sets) so even from a nostalgic point of view they are worth having in my opinion...the Virus hardware always sounded good to me.
Other than Viper, Spire sounds about as close to a Virus as you're going to get in software. But Spire is relatively weak and thin sounding compared to my Virus TI2 keyboard. Spire does have some of that squelchy Virus goodness. But it doesn't hold a candle to a real Virus in terms of depth of sound.

Of course, Spire doesn't sound bad. In fact, it sounds pretty darn good for a plugin. And it has a really nicely designed interface that makes accessing its wealth of parameters a breeze. In fact, I think Spire's interface is much better than the Access Virus Control Center plugin. But the sound of Spire leaves a lot to be desired compared to an actual Virus, IMO.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

I don't get all this futzing around to install what are almost certainly illegal software clones of relatively inexpensive hardware synths. If you want the sound of a Virus, just buy a Virus B module. That's the best sounding Virus out of the entire Access range and isn't that expensive. Likewise, if you want the sound of a Waldorf Micro Q, just buy a Micro Q rack. Again, they are not astronomically expensive.

And if you like the sound of the Clavia Nord Lead 3, just buy a Nord Rack 3. The Nord Lead 3 has the best synth interface of any hardware synth ever designed. Why would you want to dick around with a buggy, illegal software clone when you could be using one of the finest hardware synthesizers ever made?
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

Good lord. Probably haven't got laid in a while?

HW synths smell funny when you get them 2nd hand, thats why :P

Ex Machina wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:10 am I don't get all this futzing around to install what are almost certainly illegal software clones of relatively inexpensive hardware synths. If you want the sound of a Virus, just buy a Virus B module. That's the best sounding Virus out of the entire Access range and isn't that expensive. Likewise, if you want the sound of a Waldorf Micro Q, just buy a Micro Q rack. Again, they are not astronomically expensive.
I own a Virus B and use the emulator. These days, I usually only have access to a laptop during the little time I have for being creative.
And if you like the sound of the Clavia Nord Lead 3, just buy a Nord Rack 3. The Nord Lead 3 has the best synth interface of any hardware synth ever designed.
Wooden pitch stick and stone mod wheel or GTFO.

Ex Machina wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:10 am I don't get all this futzing around to install what are almost certainly illegal software clones of relatively inexpensive hardware synths. If you want the sound of a Virus, just buy a Virus B module. That's the best sounding Virus out of the entire Access range and isn't that expensive. Likewise, if you want the sound of a Waldorf Micro Q, just buy a Micro Q rack. Again, they are not astronomically expensive.

And if you like the sound of the Clavia Nord Lead 3, just buy a Nord Rack 3. The Nord Lead 3 has the best synth interface of any hardware synth ever designed. Why would you want to dick around with a buggy, illegal software clone when you could be using one of the finest hardware synthesizers ever made?
Not everyone has the space to put them.
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

Return to “Instruments”