Kush REDDI Tube Direct Box

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REDDI

Endor-8o8 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:57 pm
Havok wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:41 pm Just got an email with a code for 50% off because I own one of the other omega plugins
Very useful for kicks and basses for example. Great saturation and very effective low-end enhancement. I received the same mail and would buy if I didn't already have it ! :D
Bought it instantly! Demo'd it when it was released and loved what it did to bass especially. Been trying to hold off buying plugins for a bit but couldn't say no for that price!

If anyone is interested in buying the Reddi half price, I can give my voucher as I already have it. :wink:

Update : my voucher was given to Buzzlegs ! :)

people still using this a lot or found anything better for bass + kicks and stuff?

sqigls wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:42 pm people still using this a lot or found anything better for bass + kicks and stuff?
I prefer Kush TWK (or something, one of their Omega plugins) on kick or bass.

ok, i own TWK and when i compare both of them on most basses i much prefer REDDI

Is there a half price coupon available for owners of TWK?
It's on sale today but not quite half off. Yea pinchin pennies this week.
I'm really liking it so far though.

sqigls wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:10 am ok, i own TWK and when i compare both of them on most basses i much prefer REDDI

TWK is the best “one knob” low-mid warmth saturator. Absolutely worth having. I definitely use it more than REDDI (which I forgot I have).

i actually just discovered a trifecta of REDDI into TWK into Blyss.
loving ze combo

like you say - low mid... whereas REDDI is 'centred' around 100Hz... using a little of both REDDI and TWK on a bass or kick can beef and tighten the whole range subtly. I say subtle but to me it makes a huge difference. even REDDI with bass at 12 oclock, then into TWK with the centre knob at 12 and the output to -3.... beauuuuuutiful. So phat
Mileage will vary of course.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:06 am
sqigls wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:10 am ok, i own TWK and when i compare both of them on most basses i much prefer REDDI

TWK is the best “one knob” low-mid warmth saturator. Absolutely worth having. I definitely use it more than REDDI (which I forgot I have).
I built a mixbus where TWK is at -20dB padding just rising a bit of the EQ and harmonic content, followed by 2x Nova doing some expanding and kicking in OR kotelnikovGE in "opto mode" just going max 0,5dB GR.

If you remove TWK from full mix, you'll hear it like "something is kinda missing". Its that good.

On one song we hit it harder, but it really fits the song. Basically just flashing the lights from time to time (spiky transients being clipped <3).

458a is also very good, but by driving it one has to compensate for the higher EQing in it, so it really depends where it lands on the channels and when, but I think we'll keep TWK on mixbus for now :)

Blyss is also on final mix buses (not the stereo out bus) where needed, sometimes on master just to "paint with large smoothly saturating curves".

Sorry for a bit of offtopic, havent really tried REDDI. I guess I'll have to demo it too. Damn Kush plugins being so good!
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

best software saturation available in my opinion (kush),
unless you want to support devs whose intent it is to "make the most expensive plugins" derp modular

Yeah I'm in the opposite vote of vito I have TWK and another one of their saturators but haven't used it in years but use Reddi for bass enhancement. It works on other stuff too, synths, drums, etc.

Reddi and Renbass are my first options if my bass needs something, reddi usually sticks. Renbass is hit or miss, can be too flabby in some cases but when it works it really works. Hopefully it'll keep working for awhile yet b/c it's on v9 of waves, but I digress.

Or maybe someone wants to get rid of the REDDI license? I can redeem. PRIV.

Return to “Effects”