XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Updated to V1.001

No more installer.
*.zip file now includes both 32bit and 64Bit versions.
Just copy the required *.dll and folder to your Vst/i plugins folder.

Kirsty :)

kirsty roland wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:49 pm Updated to V1.001

No more installer.
*.zip file now includes both 32bit and 64Bit versions.
Just copy the required *.dll and folder to your Vst/i plugins folder.

Thanks Kirsty. I had changed my notifications options so I have only just seen this.

Had a little play with this in Bidule yesterday, fun stuff!
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Thanks for the comments guys.

I've been busy rewriting the entire graphics API and a lot of new Dsp .
Analogy has had a big overhaul and is now practically a new plugin so I might have to rename it :!:

Some new stuff is...
- Multiple instances in the DAW
- Each instance restores the last state in the DAW when loading a project
- Patch's are now fxp/fxp compatible
- Custom skins
- Brand new modules

I'll probably need some beta testing soon.

kirsty roland wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:57 pm Thanks for the comments guys.

Analogy has had a big overhaul and is now practically a new plugin so I might have to rename it :!:

Some new stuff is...
- Custom skins
- Brand new modules

Awesome. I look forward to being of use. :wink:

kirsty roland wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:57 pm Thanks for the comments guys.

Some new stuff is...
- Custom skins
- Brand new modules

This is wonderful new stuff! :clap:
Looking forward to test it!

It's a monster...
sm_large.png
I made some fundamental changes to some of the core code, mainly Midi, which had an unfortunate knock-on effect
to a lot of the other modules down the line so my release of this update has been pushed back. :roll:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kirsty roland wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:11 am It's a monster...

sm_large.png

I made some fundamental changes to some of the core code, mainly Midi, which had an unfortunate knock-on effect
to a lot of the other modules down the line so my release of this update has been pushed back. :roll:

Wow! I love the semi modular polysynth. I'm really looking forward to this.

I feel like I might be missing something, but can't for the life of me figure out how to sync the clock/arp to the host's BPM. The clock module (which is being used to trigger the arp in some of the presets) has a Rate knob that is unaffected by the host's BPM. None of the other modules seem to offer an alternative approach either. I've gone through this thread and haven't spotted any mention of this, but it's 24 pages long so I might have missed it. Search engines aren't being helpful, because they are treating "Analogy" as "Analog" and giving me loads of unrelated hits.

So have I missed something, and there's a way to sync the clock to host BPM, or is there no way to do this?

sjm wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:24 pm I feel like I might be missing something, but can't for the life of me figure out how to sync the clock/arp to the host's BPM. The clock module (which is being used to trigger the arp in some of the presets) has a Rate knob that is unaffected by the host's BPM. None of the other modules seem to offer an alternative approach either. I've gone through this thread and haven't spotted any mention of this, but it's 24 pages long so I might have missed it. Search engines aren't being helpful, because they are treating "Analogy" as "Analog" and giving me loads of unrelated hits.

So have I missed something, and there's a way to sync the clock to host BPM, or is there no way to do this?
Hi
Your not doing anything wrong. The clock module is free running and simply used to show off some of the presets without having to create a midi track in the daw first.
When I use the arp in a sequence I get the host clock from midi note on messages on a separate midi track via a Midi to CV converter module and clock it from there. That way the arp stays in sync with the midi track and obeys play/stop message from the daw.

Analogy is 3 years old now and due for an update, most likely in CLAP format.
I could add a dedicated host BMP module but that would be reinventing the wheel.

Hope that helps
Regards Kirsty :)

Ok, so basically just handle the arp elsewhere. That said, a simple bpm sync would be nice. Thanks for the reply.

Hi thanks for this. A real gem. And I go through so many plugins.

Hi all

I really appreciate all your comments and feedback (good or bad) as it all help's me to improve Analogy.
I'm keeping a list of all your suggestions and will try to implement most of them when I get time.
At the moment I am working on another little project so Analogy will have to wait for a short while.

In fact I could use some more beta testers for this other project for the next 30 days :wink:
so if anyone would like to help me out please PM me here at KVR for the details.

Regards
Kirsty
Last edited by kirsty roland on Tue May 30, 2023 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Until then, here is a taster of what to expect when I finally get back to working on Analogy.

[attachment=0]k_Image2.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]k_Image3.png[/attachment]
[attachment=2]k_Image4.png[/attachment]
[attachment=3]k_Image5.png[/attachment]
[attachment=4]k_Image7.png[/attachment]
[attachment=5]k_Image8.png[/attachment]
[attachment=6]k_Image9.png[/attachment]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

8) Awesome! :clap:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Modular Synthesis”