Logic Pro 10.7.8 is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lots of small improvements and fixes: release notes.

No features from the iPad version, like sample alchemy, etc.

Serhii Kot wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:30 pm No features from the iPad version, like sample alchemy, etc.
GarageBand used to get features before Logic. So I'm pretty sure we will see the same thing here with LP on iPad getting features before the desktop version.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

I don't understand, how new projects from iPad will work on Desktop. Without some features.

Serhii Kot wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:13 am I don't understand, how new projects from iPad will work on Desktop. Without some features.
i'm sure there will be videos from 100,000 youtubers about this soon enough.

Serhii Kot wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:13 am I don't understand, how new projects from iPad will work on Desktop. Without some features.
Logic Mac open those plugins as play and edit midi only but, can not view or edit the actual instrument.
Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 09.36.11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Serhii Kot wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:30 pm No features from the iPad version, like sample alchemy, etc.
Main reason for this update is “round trip” - interchangeable projects between iPad and Mac

ozinga wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 7:36 am
Logic Mac open those plugins as play and edit midi only but, can not view or edit the actual instrument.

Screenshot 2023-05-28 at 09.36.11.png
what bullshit lol.
So they made everything work but couldn’t be arsed to provide a gui for it?
Trying to coerce people into logic for ipad? I dont get it

I expect that will be 10.8.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The latest release seems to have messed up automation somehow. Many times the folder/group track's automation (after being recorded) doesn't stick.

Another bug: When you do group automation and try to render final out, it doesn't render the automation. Offline render works though.

I'm staying on 10.7.7.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Also, is it just me or does Logic no longer scan all the existing plugins every time you open? It was doing it for Waves plugins for me. It doesn't seem to be doing this after the update (logic opens much quicker).

Yes, 10.7.8 opens quicker than recent updates.

Reverted back to 10.7.7 based on all the issues being discussed over at the Logic Pro Help forums and confirming I’m experiencing/can reproduce a handful of them. Such is life lol.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”