Latest Tritik Irid version issue

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello friends,

Hope all of you are doing well. I have question about Tritik Irid latest update.

So I updated my Irid to the latest version (I believe 1.0.4) last month. After the update, I noticed that when I open all my music projects that used Irid, the plugin failed to load. The plugin itself works fine, It is just when I save and re-open the project file, Irid won't load.

I looked at my VST folder, there are 2 Irid files (old & new versions) with different names, old file named Irid and the new file named Tritik-Irid.vst3. The new one works but the old one is not functioning (I am not sure why it is stays there).

I have submitted a ticket to Tritik support but have not received an answer yet. I wonder if you (all Irid users) have also experienced the same issue & solved it.

Thank you.

hc.

One thing I've noticed with a number of VST3 installers (not just from Tritik) is that they've switch from putting a .vst3 file into the VST3 folder and instead create what seems to be a pointless thread of subfolders to house a single VST3 file.

Example:
VST3\Tritik-Irid.vst3 -> VST3\Tritik-Irid.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\Tritik-Irid.vst3

There's nothing else in those subfolders. They're not collecting plugins from a specific vendor. My poor DAW used to see a .vst3 file in the VST3 base folder and thinks it's still there because the initial subfolder has the same name as the VST3 plugin, including the extension.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Effects”