NI Reaktor, I forgot how awesome it is

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

machinesworking wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:51 pmI'm sure it's more complex to code than what I'll break down here, but the ideal would be that in instance of say Kontakt 4 replaced by 5, you get a situation where simply not having 4 installed prompts the DAW to use 5, but, if you have 4 and 5 installed projects with 4 open Kontakt 4. Sounds like VST3 might actually do that if the host implements it, and I now have one actual reason to use it and KK. Do you know if Clap offering this feature?
The way you have explained is EXACTLY how it is working with the VST3 migration feature if both plugin and host implement it. I am not sure if CLAP has the same feature.

Metaphysical Function's effects bank, the original ens from the user library was missing inputs, so i opened it in Reaktor editor and added inputs and saved it fixed, amazing effect bank.
Filter, distortion, 2 band EQ, delay, resonator and clean sounding reverb, enjoy and have a good time.
Metaphysical Function FX_2.7z
1295425792_pict_10034_mfFX.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

^^^ Oh cool!!! ^^^ Thank you.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

martiu wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:00 pm Metaphysical Function's effects bank, the original ens from the user library was missing inputs, so i opened it in Reaktor editor and added inputs and saved it fixed, amazing effect bank.
Filter, distortion, 2 band EQ, delay, resonator and clean sounding reverb, enjoy and have a good time.
Metaphysical Function FX_2.7z
1295425792_pict_10034_mfFX.jpg
Oh wow, I have to fire up the reaktor asap... This is very promising

Reaktor is brilliant of course but over the years I found myself using it less because I had a lot of issues saving and restoring projects with Reaktor tracks. Now that it's available on arm I'm playing with it again and getting a lot of great stuff out of it.

Now I just bounce to audio once I get a good 4-8 bars I like. That solves the patch saving problem and also keeps me from second guessing decisions too much.

kuniklo wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:37 am Reaktor is brilliant of course but over the years I found myself using it less because I had a lot of issues saving and restoring projects with Reaktor tracks. Now that it's available on arm I'm playing with it again and getting a lot of great stuff out of it.

Now I just bounce to audio once I get a good 4-8 bars I like. That solves the patch saving problem and also keeps me from second guessing decisions too much.
Committing to audio is underatted imo. Saves CPU but most importantly saves your brain from wanting to micro tweak every parameter for hours.
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

kuniklo wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:37 am Reaktor is brilliant of course but over the years I found myself using it less because I had a lot of issues saving and restoring projects with Reaktor tracks. Now that it's available on arm I'm playing with it again and getting a lot of great stuff out of it.

Not sure if it's DAW related but I had problems with it before, ever since it's release basically, always having to treat is as "hardware" and remember saving ensembles with the project etc.

I don't know what changed but Reaktor 6 is now working for me _exactly_ as any other VSTi plugin. It's 100% set and forget. Heck I can even modify the ensemble and NOT save it, yet when the song loads up it's all there, exactly as I left it. Maybe something changed in Reaper to allow for this.. who knows. Whatever the case, Reaktor has never been easier to use than right now.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

NI has implemented host chunk saving, so any Reaktor changes get saved with the DAW project. Set and forget indeed, that’s how it should be.

:tu:
HOTF wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:18 pm

Committing to audio is underatted imo. Saves CPU but most importantly saves your brain from wanting to micro tweak every parameter for hours.
lately that is what I have been basically doing with hardware just record it in and don't have to worry about it.

bmanic wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:16 pm I don't know what changed but Reaktor 6 is now working for me _exactly_ as any other VSTi plugin. It's 100% set and forget.
I did some experiments with R6 in Bitwig yesterday and it seemed to be saving stuff correctly. I'll probably keep bouncing to audio though. It keeps me from revisiting decisions.

I'm still using Reaktor 5 and it's kind of random. Some .ens will save with the work, but I get the 'Save Local Copy' with some instruments.

bmanic wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:16 pm

Not sure if it's DAW related but I had problems with it before, ever since it's release basically, always having to treat is as "hardware" and remember saving ensembles with the project etc.

I don't know what changed but Reaktor 6 is now working for me _exactly_ as any other VSTi plugin. It's 100% set and forget. Heck I can even modify the ensemble and NOT save it, yet when the song loads up it's all there, exactly as I left it. Maybe something changed in Reaper to allow for this.. who knows. Whatever the case, Reaktor has never been easier to use than right now.
Take it from someone whose lost dozens of patches doing this. NI might have figured out how to do this, but Apple will update the OS security wise and break some work they did, then years later you'll go back to that song and Reaktor won't even load the ensemble. IMO with something as complex as Reaktor or anything really, it's best to save patches for that song in your project folder etc. I'm glad they figured it out, but this stuff breaks all the time.

Well, I'm the type of person that doesn't update their computer when everything is running as they want it, so for me this Mac Mini is, at this point in time, "set in stone". Reaktor is just too cool to not use it right now when it's working so bloody well!

Question: Anybody know a good way of editing FORM so that the LFO when set to free running mode, but with tempo sync enabled, forces the LFO phase to the start of each beat in the DAW? Basically I want it to be free running but so that it is totally in sync with the DAW. This is currently not how it works.

Form is such an amazing synthesizer. Absolutely love how quickly you can get some epic pads and soundscapes done with it. It's so intuitive and quick to work with too. Simply dragging and dropping some samples can drastically and immediately change the sound from one thing to another.

Here is an audio example of a pad I just made in about 2 minutes of tweaking.

Pulsar Pad bM (Google Drive 2mb mp3)

Very nice motion, all ready for some rolling of the dice in PolyPlex! :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”