Tonsturm releases DopplerPRO - Add energetic movement and depth to your audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nordickvr wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:21 am @tonsturm
I own Traveler and didn't receive the $20.00 email offer, I'll contact you then.
Also, I own FRQ Shift and would have liked to know if it's now running natively on M1 Mac machine.
Hey nordickvr,
coupon code is sent if that was your email :-) Just to have it hereas well: the M1 versions for our ilok protected software is being worked on right now. As DopplerPRO is M1 now it should not take too long.

Cheers!
Tilman

The inclusion of a floor reflection clearly is a step forward.

Most outdoor environments where we typically hear doppler include structures (buildings, etc.) that add to the experience. A ground plane is certainly a start.

neverbefore wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:22 am
llze wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:18 pm Would be interested if it would have multichannel capabilities I guess.
Sound Particles Doppler and GRM Tools Doppler have spatial audio capabilities but I have only used them in stereo. Does seem an opening there for Tonsturm's Traveler
The full Sound Particles has keyframe animation of sound sources in 3d space with a lot of control.
yea, I have the panning bundle already, nice stuff!

One thing I'm trying to wrap my head around, when it comes to sound design with dynamic audio events like doppler shift, how do people actually incorporate this stuff in games/interactive media using pre-processed audio files from a DAW?

I mean, the doppler effect is already included in Unreal Engine and with some hacking you can make it really complex (taking into account reflections by simply adding nodes for the reflections of anything you want) and most importantly, it's calculated in real time and interacts with the "player".

Thus while this plugin is really cool, especially for music, I find it hard to see the benefit of this as a plugin/effect for sound design in a DAW, other than just for static sounds. When you need an actual "realistic" doppler effect for a game, you can't beat real time stuff.

Right?

Note: I'm a total amateur when it comes to this stuff but I'm forcing myself to work with Unreal Engine a bit because it seems one of my kids is heading this way (game development), so I thought I may as well learn something about creating audio for games and perhaps be of help when it comes time to make sounds and interactive music.

I did dabble a bit with sound design for games in the late 90s but the rules and ways of doing things were obviously quite different then. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:49 pm One thing I'm trying to wrap my head around, when it comes to sound design with dynamic audio events like doppler shift, how do people actually incorporate this stuff in games/interactive media using pre-processed audio files from a DAW?

I mean, the doppler effect is already included in Unreal Engine and with some hacking you can make it really complex (taking into account reflections by simply adding nodes for the reflections of anything you want) and most importantly, it's calculated in real time and interacts with the "player".

Thus while this plugin is really cool, especially for music, I find it hard to see the benefit of this as a plugin/effect for sound design in a DAW, other than just for static sounds. When you need an actual "realistic" doppler effect for a game, you can't beat real time stuff.

Right?

Interesting. Does that mean you can create a virtual music environment in Unreal, and add virtual instruments, a listener position, and even reflections in the shape of the music venue? Hmm ...

Well in a way yes. There are a lot of physics based nodes available. But I don't know how to add complex virtual instruments into Unreal Engine though. Also I don't know if there is a way to get MIDI into it (probably somebody has made a script). It is definitely a very interesting game engine for all kinds of things.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

New stuff. The audio gate trigger and time code sync should come in handy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtHJUFHcWnA

Return to “Effects”