Is Soundcloud Pro profitable ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know in wich part of the forum i have to ask about this, i hope the thread is in the right place. The thing i wanna know is... does Soundcloud Pro subscription work as a way to profit with your music? What are the advantages or is it even worth the spent money?

Nakahito wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:11 am I don't know in wich part of the forum i have to ask about this, i hope the thread is in the right place. The thing i wanna know is... does Soundcloud Pro subscription work as a way to profit with your music? What are the advantages or is it even worth the spent money?
Here is the article detailing the differences between Next, Next Plus, and Next Pro.

https://smallbiztrends.com/2022/01/how- ... 80%93%244.

Promote and pitch your music to Sirius XM and more? I found this great article.
'Content creators in SoundCloud monetized countries can expect payouts ranging from $0.0025 to $0.004 per stream and for every 1000 audio plays, indie artists can receive between $2.50–$4. When it comes to getting multiple revenues streams you can make good money when users hear ads while playing your music; monetization from your original works is only available in certain territories.'

Problem is I can't figure out the diff between content creators and Indie Artists.

Well, i'm actually expecting someone who is already using the PRO or used it to have a real experience story to learn more about this. I live in Argentina so spending those bucks is a little more hard for me to simply try it, although i'm gonna keep uploading songs with my free acount.

Nakahito wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:49 am Well, i'm actually expecting someone who is already using the PRO or used it to have a real experience story to learn more about this. I live in Argentina so spending those bucks is a little more hard for me to simply try it, although i'm gonna keep uploading songs with my free acount.
I use PRO and have done for years now.
The main benefits for me personally are the option to replace a song without losing stats, comments ect..
Also SC will display all your uploads rather than a limited amount.
Profitable? Not really I'd say. That really depends on other popular networking and streaming services.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

My guess is yes it is profitable...

... for SoundCloud themselves ;-)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Soundcloud owes me 8 cents.

jethrobull wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:00 am
Nakahito wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:49 am Well, i'm actually expecting someone who is already using the PRO or used it to have a real experience story to learn more about this. I live in Argentina so spending those bucks is a little more hard for me to simply try it, although i'm gonna keep uploading songs with my free acount.
I use PRO and have done for years now.
The main benefits for me personally are the option to replace a song without losing stats, comments ect..
Also SC will display all your uploads rather than a limited amount.
Profitable? Not really I'd say. That really depends on other popular networking and streaming services.
Have you ever used SoundCloud services as aggregators for spotify, ytmusic and such?.

osiris wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:30 pmProblem is I can't figure out the diff between content creators and Indie Artists.
Content creators are "look at me" wankers who churn out worthless shit for their social media "platforms". Indie Artists, OTOH, may have something of value to contribute to our lives.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I get it now. Podcasts. everybody has a podcast.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”