NI Reaktor, I forgot how awesome it is

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:43 pm Form is such an amazing synthesizer. Absolutely love how quickly you can get some epic pads and soundscapes done with it. It's so intuitive and quick to work with too. Simply dragging and dropping some samples can drastically and immediately change the sound from one thing to another.

Here is an audio example of a pad I just made in about 2 minutes of tweaking.

Pulsar Pad bM (Google Drive 2mb mp3)
Yeah, Form is great as well as other two that have been released at the same time - Kontour and Rounds.

What I'm missing with Form is that you can't really share the presets with others that use your own samples. I would like to create a sound library for it but this issue prevents me from doing it. I think that each preset/snapshot you save with custom sample uses an absolute path which is useless when you want to share. If path would be relative we could store the samples next to the presets for example and share them without problems. If I missing something here let me know. I would love it would be otherwise.

Other than that Form is really amazing for sure.
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

spektralisk wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:38 am What I'm missing with Form is that you can't really share the presets with others that use your own samples. I would like to create a sound library for it but this issue prevents me from doing it. I think that each preset/snapshot you save with custom sample uses an absolute path which is useless when you want to share. If path would be relative we could store the samples next to the presets for example and share them without problems. If I missing something here let me know. I would love it would be otherwise.
Reaktor is an awesome playground for ideas and a terrible platform for sharing presets. It's been like this since day one.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:08 am
spektralisk wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:38 am What I'm missing with Form is that you can't really share the presets with others that use your own samples. I would like to create a sound library for it but this issue prevents me from doing it. I think that each preset/snapshot you save with custom sample uses an absolute path which is useless when you want to share. If path would be relative we could store the samples next to the presets for example and share them without problems. If I missing something here let me know. I would love it would be otherwise.
Reaktor is an awesome playground for ideas and a terrible platform for sharing presets. It's been like this since day one.
Yes the preset/snapshot can be really confusing. It took me a while to figure how this works. Especially their latest preset system can become messy when you save presets for different versions of the same ensemble. You see all of them in the browser and each preset will load the ensemble that it was saved with. When you move/delete ensemble than the hell begins :)

Komplete Kontrol can be a bit helpful with browsing of these.
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

spektralisk wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:38 am
bmanic wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:43 pm Form is such an amazing synthesizer. Absolutely love how quickly you can get some epic pads and soundscapes done with it. It's so intuitive and quick to work with too. Simply dragging and dropping some samples can drastically and immediately change the sound from one thing to another.

What I'm missing with Form is that you can't really share the presets with others that use your own samples. I would like to create a sound library for it but this issue prevents me from doing it.
Actually, I think it may work with relative path if you put all your own samples into the Form default samples folder. If I remember correctly, Form always checks that folder for samples.

EDIT: I'm wrong. It doesn't work. It's always absolute path to the sample. It's not smart enough to look for missing samples in the default Form/Samples folder. :( :dog:

Stupid NI. Why the hell would they make it so dumb?

..but yeah, Native Instruments has such bad sample handling in general. I couldn't even send Battery kits back and forth with a friend of mine because battery is too dumb to understand that I had my NI install path in a different place. So not even factory kits could be shared!

It's mind bogglingly bad file handling.
Last edited by bmanic on Wed May 31, 2023 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:18 am
spektralisk wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:38 am

What I'm missing with Form is that you can't really share the presets with others that use your own samples. I would like to create a sound library for it but this issue prevents me from doing it.
Actually, I think it may work with relative path if you put all your own samples into the Form default samples folder. If I remember correctly, Form always checks that folder for samples.

..but yeah, Native Instruments has such bad sample handling in general. I couldn't even send Battery kits back and forth with a friend of mine because battery is too dumb to understand that I had my NI install path in a different place. So not even factory kits could be shared!

It's mind bogglingly bad file handling.
Thanks for the workaround. I'll try this but it's not a pretty solution.

Yeah, see my edit above. I was wrong. It doesn't work, I just double checked.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Regarding the sample location issue, I think Reaktor is asking for a folder when it doesn’t find something.
So you just need to indicate it the « new » location and save. I must admit it’s not very clever...

Regarding the new preset/snapshot saving, is there some release notes where it’s documented ? To me it’s the same system since Reaktor 6.0.3 but I may be wrong.
I often clean Re-install my laptop (each 2 years) and I had some pretty nasty issues with NI recalling previous sessions (with Reaktor and Kontak also). It could be great something changed recently so it’s more efficient to recall a session on a different machine (or Os)

Amazing Soma Lyra emulator, drone heads will love it
Michael Hermes if you read this take that hug :hug:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/13457/
Screenshot (1150).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:02 am Amazing Soma Lyra emulator, drone heads will love it

Screenshot (1150).png
Dude you have no idea how much i tried to make a Lyra clone in vcv and reaktor. Really excited to try this one out :hug:
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

HOTF wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:08 pm
martiu wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:02 am Amazing Soma Lyra emulator, drone heads will love it

Screenshot (1150).png
Dude you have no idea how much i tried to make a Lyra clone in vcv and reaktor. Really excited to try this one out :hug:
get this one also :hug:
https://github.com/MikeMorenoDSP/LIRA-8/releases
GUI.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aliasing plugin owner

i made drone e mod today, saturator with compressor and two instances of modded rounds reverb (16 delay lines instead of stock 8 ), sounds rough and huge, i love it :hug: :hug: :love: :love: :love:
Screenshot (1155).png
aliasing plugin owner

here is the other monstrosity i made, that combination sounds so good and it looks good too, i will mod everything now
Screenshot (1156).png
aliasing plugin owner

mod on!

do you share them?

i can share the Skrewell prototype mod, Drone-E i dont feel comfortable sharing because it is a Twisted Tools Ensemble, better to get that from the official page or something
aliasing plugin owner

Return to “Instruments”