Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seangm wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:30 am
dayjob wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:29 am
seangm wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:21 pm Man you guys (Disco DSP) really need to get a proper account management system on your site. Tried five times to login to get the update, entered the invoice # and it supposedly emailed me a 6 digit code which never arrived (checked spam folder of course, blah blah blah). So no way to access the update. This has happened before to me with Disco DSP and it's pretty damn annoying. Just use a standard email/password combo to let us login and download our products like pretty much every other developer. I need to look up the invoice number every time I want to download something and half the time the email verification isn't sent. It's putting me off to their products, too much aggravation and time wasting.
i had the same issue. it showed up eventually but took all day. there's a logjam in the system somewhere.
Yeah it finally came through after a few hours. I'd still prefer a real account to login to but as long as I can get to the download for now.
yes. same. regular account to log into would be convenient but no idea how it is on their end to manage that so in the long run.. whatever works.

Ghostwave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:31 pm The vst3 version is buggy in Bitwig 4.3. For example, if I move the OSC2 pitch knob, the amplitude attack knob also moves (they sync together). This doesn't happen with the vst2 version.
Vst3 is not just buggy this way in Bitwig, but also Studio One 6, Cakewalk, and Waveform 12.

Hopefully, it gets cleared up quickly.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

seangm wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:21 pm Man you guys (Disco DSP) really need to get a proper account management system on your site. Tried five times to login to get the update, entered the invoice # and it supposedly emailed me a 6 digit code which never arrived (checked spam folder of course, blah blah blah). So no way to access the update. This has happened before to me with Disco DSP and it's pretty damn annoying. Just use a standard email/password combo to let us login and download our products like pretty much every other developer. I need to look up the invoice number every time I want to download something and half the time the email verification isn't sent. It's putting me off to their products, too much aggravation and time wasting.
i had the same issue. it showed up eventually but took all day. there's a logjam in the system somewhere.
Yeah it finally came through after a few hours. I'd still prefer a real account to login to but as long as I can get to the download for now.
My code always arrives within seconds. So I don't think disco DSP is to blame for the delay.

this was the first time i've had an issue. i don't blame them.. it's just how the system works. sometimes there's a hang up somewhere. it's not the end of the world. first world problem for sure. :tu:

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We understand the frustration you encountered while trying to access the update.

We have taken your feedback seriously and have made some changes to improve our system. As of today, we have switched our email delivery service to SendGrid https://sendgrid.com, a more reliable company known for its excellent email delivery rates. This change should help ensure that you receive all the necessary emails promptly, including the verification codes for accessing updates.

Regarding the account management system, we are actively working on implementing a more user-friendly approach. We appreciate your suggestion of using a standard email/password combination for login purposes, and we will take it into consideration for future enhancements to our system.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We value your feedback and strive to provide a seamless experience for our customers. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ghostwave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:31 pm The vst3 version is buggy in Bitwig 4.3. For example, if I move the OSC2 pitch knob, the amplitude attack knob also moves (they sync together). This doesn't happen with the vst2 version.
It appears that the issue has been resolved. It seems that there were problems with the parameter types in the VST3 build, which required us to implement more conservative parameter handling.

Please download the installer again and let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

discoDSP wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:02 pm
Thank you for reaching out to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We understand the frustration you encountered while trying to access the update.

We have taken your feedback seriously and have made some changes to improve our system. As of today, we have switched our email delivery service to SendGrid https://sendgrid.com, a more reliable company known for its excellent email delivery rates. This change should help ensure that you receive all the necessary emails promptly, including the verification codes for accessing updates.

Regarding the account management system, we are actively working on implementing a more user-friendly approach. We appreciate your suggestion of using a standard email/password combination for login purposes, and we will take it into consideration for future enhancements to our system.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We value your feedback and strive to provide a seamless experience for our customers. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for your understanding.
That's great news, thanks for being so responsive to customer feedback.

discoDSP wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:58 pm
It appears that the issue has been resolved. It seems that there were problems with the parameter types in the VST3 build, which required us to implement more conservative parameter handling.

Please download the installer again and let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.
No, thank you for fixing it so quickly. Everything works as expected.
TBH, I've owned Discovery Pro for quite some time but never used it much until recently.
It's a very capable synth which deserves praise.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

As much as I agree with the demand for a classic user account system this will for sure take some time if they want to preserve your shopping history (which I would appreciate much). In most cases my email with the verification code arrives within 5 or 10 minutes, most likely owed to anti-spam mechanisms. At least for me this verification seems to be cached for some time, so when I downloaded the first release of 7.8 I was forced to wait for the code to arrive while I did not have to enter it for the fixed re-download today. It's not all bad but, yeah, room for improvement, still.

kylie wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:31 pm As much as I agree with the demand for a classic user account system this will for sure take some time if they want to preserve your shopping history (which I would appreciate much). In most cases my email with the verification code arrives within 5 or 10 minutes, most likely owed to anti-spam mechanisms. At least for me this verification seems to be cached for some time, so when I downloaded the first release of 7.8 I was forced to wait for the code to arrive while I did not have to enter it for the fixed re-download today. It's not all bad but, yeah, room for improvement, still.
Please check viewtopic.php?p=8683869#p8683869

Ghostwave wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:01 pm
discoDSP wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:58 pm

No, thank you for fixing it so quickly. Everything works as expected.
TBH, I've owned Discovery Pro for quite some time but never used it much until recently.
It's a very capable synth which deserves praise.
It does seem resolved. Let me add my thanks for taking care of this so quickly. I'm a recent purchaser of Discovery Pro and was attempting programming it just a few days ago with some frustration when I saw the Ghostwave's first note. Thanks so much for both the fix itself and the rather incredible promptness with which you did this.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

It seems PAN modulation does not work at all on VST3.
I am using ver 7.8.1 on Mac.

karuboy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:18 am It seems PAN modulation does not work at all on VST3.
I am using ver 7.8.1 on Mac.
Sorry, it worked.

The latest download from the members area is flagged 7.8.1 for all OS. I downloaded the package for Windows again yesterday and the installer seemes to be somewhat newer than the latest. The DLL info still claims to be at 7.8.0 and so does the info in the plugin itself. The vst3 and vst2 do have different file dates as well.

What release do I actually use ? Should It be 7.8.1 or is 7.8.0 perfectly right?

I can't find the user area anymore?

Return to “Instruments”