Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

andy-cytomic wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:07 am
DJMaytag wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:15 pm Any further news on this? No pressure, as I'm still transitioning from Reason 12.5 (Rosetta) to Reason 12.6 (Native M1/M2). Just curious, as I'm still sorting which of my plugins aren't Apple Native yet.
I took the last couple of weeks having a go at an update to the latest Juce 7 framework to support Apple Silicon and VST3, and things are looking good:

The project is building, processing audio, and showing the UI for AUv2, AUv3, VST2, VST3, and AAX for both 64-bit x86 and 64-bit arm on macOS (I've just showed VST3 64-bit arm in the screenshot). Still probably about a month till everything is tested and working.
Same for The Drop?

dayjob wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:49 am
andy-cytomic wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:07 am
DJMaytag wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:15 pm Any further news on this? No pressure, as I'm still transitioning from Reason 12.5 (Rosetta) to Reason 12.6 (Native M1/M2). Just curious, as I'm still sorting which of my plugins aren't Apple Native yet.
I took the last couple of weeks having a go at an update to the latest Juce 7 framework to support Apple Silicon and VST3, and things are looking good:

The project is building, processing audio, and showing the UI for AUv2, AUv3, VST2, VST3, and AAX for both 64-bit x86 and 64-bit arm on macOS (I've just showed VST3 64-bit arm in the screenshot). Still probably about a month till everything is tested and working.
great news andy!
Ditto, Sure glad to see this progress.
On a number of Macs

Need beta testers?

Progress is going really well with the update, so it won't even be a month, more like a couple of weeks till a beta is ready. As soon as there is something that I can't find any issues with I'll provide it as a public beta for everyone to have a go with and see what I missed, most likely with backwards compatibility in loading existing projects, which I can only test so much.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

andy-cytomic wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:02 pm Progress is going really well with the update, so it won't even be a month, more like a couple of weeks till a beta is ready. As soon as there is something that I can't find any issues with I'll provide it as a public beta for everyone to have a go with and see what I missed, most likely with backwards compatibility in loading existing projects, which I can only test so much.
The news just keeps getting better. Thanks, Andy.
On a number of Macs

Much appreciated!

I JUST watched a video where Dan Worrall said he wasn't a fan. Id always heard good things tho, but never had a chance to try it.

Ablecrew wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:18 am I JUST watched a video where Dan Worrall said he wasn't a fan. Id always heard good things tho, but never had a chance to try it.
Context is important. Dan said, "I'm not a fan" in the context of how changing the ratio on The Glue changes the threshold. That's what he's not a fan of. But that's how the SSL Bus Compressor works. It's the implementation of the ratio knob and it's impact to the threshold he doesn't like. So he wasn't criticizing The Glue so much as he was complaining about how SSL and Cytomic [by means of emulating it] implemented a particular feature.

I feel like Dan spends a decent amount of time in his videos complaining about how people misinterpret things he's said, and this is an example of that.

Yah the only thing he seemed to say negatively about it was that the knee is not variable and is linked to ratio. That’s just part of the ssl topology.

yeah.. i haven't seen that video but my guess was that he's not a fan of the SSL style compressor.

anyway.. the Glue has lived on my 2 bus forever.

The Glue is my favourite plugin and the main cause of me ditching outboard and mixing ITB. Absolutely incredible plugin!
I am so excited for Apple sillicon native update!

News update: I've tested the new builds and everything is looking good for a release of new macOS betas tomorrow my time (by end of business day Fri +8GMT). Windows builds for VST3 support will take another week or so.

I've tested out:
- Live saving presets in song with automation with current version x86 64-bit in AUv2 and VST2, and loading in new version in both x86 64-bit and arm 64-bit, and everything recalls properly. Unfortunately for those wanting to transition to VST3 Live does not support this
- Cubase 12 saving presets in song with automation with current version x86 64-bit in VST2, and loading in both VST2 and VST3 in new version in both x86 64-bit and arm 64-bit, and everything recalls properly
- Pro Tools 2023.3 saving presets in song with automation with current version x86 64-bit in AAXv2, and loading in new AAXv2 x86 64-bit and arm 64-bit, and everything recalls properly.

From my rough testing the Macbook Pro M1 Max (arm 64-bit) is around x2.5 more efficient than the Macbook Pro i9 (x86 64-bit). At 44.1khz I measure around 0.9% for x1 and 2.1% for x2 cpu usage for linear phase oversampling compared to 0.3% for x1 and 0.8% for x2.

sweeeeeet thank you Andy

does this include the Drop and Scream also, or just Glue?

News: The Glue Beta v1.6.0 for Mac only is ready. macOS 10.13 and above only.

https://cytomic.com/products/glue

V1.6.0 (1 June 2023)
• New: native Apple Silicon 64-bit support (universal binary with x86 64-bit and arm 64-bit)
• New: VST3 support with automatic transfer of VST2 settings and automation if your DAW supports it (tested in Cubase 12)
• New: about box now shows the binary type (x86 / arm) and plugin type (VST2 / VST3 / AUv2 / AUv3 / AAXv2)
• New: updated to the latest version of the Juce framework (Juce 7), so possibly other bug fixes
• New: switched to using in-plugin windows for popup menus instead of creation of system level windows

sqigls wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:09 am sweeeeeet thank you Andy

does this include the Drop and Scream also, or just Glue?
Just The Glue on macOS 10.3 and above for now, The Scream will be next, then The Drop. For The Drop I need to re-generate and check all or so 20 circuit models to update them to the latest SIMD code base that supports Apple Silicon, so it will take a while testing everything out to make sure. The Scream is already running on the latest SIMD code base.

Return to “Effects”