Behringer pro 800

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who cares as long as they eventually deliver?

Aliens wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:45 am Who cares as long as they eventually deliver?
I'd expect this means every other product pimped on their social media channels, for the past few years, will be further delayed.

This is also likely not taking into consideration the effects of worsening relations and events around the manufacturing factories for Behringer too...

cryophonik wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:09 am
ghettosynth wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:42 pm Sweetwater says "October" for the first shipment. I'm like number 23245 on the waiting list, so, I should have mine by the end of 2026...or so...I think.

I wonder how many new synths Behringer will announce before you get it. :scared:
I wonder how many I will commit to buy before I get the first one. I've committed to two and the second one doesn't have a ship date yet.

Now the drought has been broken with the pro 800 I'd expect to see all the teasers get a release date.
keep the good news coming, and announce away, I say. There's a few insta buy synths on my shopping list.

Aliens wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:45 am Who cares as long as they eventually deliver?
I was mostly joking, but a lot of people are pretty frustrated and annoyed with the constant announcements and long waits for delivery. Personally, I really don’t care one way or the other, since I’m not in the market for any more synths. :shrug: But, I agree that the more the merrier, so keep bringing new synths, B.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

ghettosynth wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:59 am
ghettosynth wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 5:42 pm Sweetwater says "October" for the first shipment. I'm like number 23245 on the waiting list, so, I should have mine by the end of 2026...or so...I think.

I wonder how many new synths Behringer will announce before you get it. :scared:
I wonder how many I will commit to buy before I get the first one. I've committed to two and the second one doesn't have a ship date yet.
What was the other one? TD-3?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:40 am
ghettosynth wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:59 am

What was the other one? TD-3?
No, I meant with respect to synths that aren't already out, I want a Solina.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Wed May 03, 2023 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

cryophonik wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:38 am
I was mostly joking, but a lot of people are pretty frustrated and annoyed with the constant announcements and long waits for delivery. Personally, I really don’t care one way or the other, since I’m not in the market for any more synths. :shrug: But, I agree that the more the merrier, so keep bringing new synths, B.
Indeed, the more synths the better. :tu:

Anderton's told me "Our suppliers have informed us to expect our next delivery around 30/06/2023".

db3 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:47 pm Anderton's told me "Our suppliers have informed us to expect our next delivery around 30/06/2023".
For whatever reason I think that the U.K. seems to get B stuff faster than we do. Maybe I'm wrong on that. Sometimes I'm wrong about things. I mean, I can admit that.

It is hard to tell, but with the apparent "shortage" of supplies being over, it is likely they had many units near ready to go sans the missing parts. I am hopeful.

Yeah, there was a period where Behringer just churned out new synths spectacularly fast. Then it suddenly stopped, similar to many other companies. I expect they'll return to that pattern. In the meantime my savings account is building up nicely, so I can wait...just means more toys to buy all at once when normality returns to toyworld.

Reading through the manual, it seems that the Pro-800 will transmit CC's. The manual says it receives CC's, it doesn't specifically say it transmits them but there is a global setting for turning on CC TX so I assume so. Can anyone confirm?

Uncle E wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:26 pm Reading through the manual, it seems that the Pro-800 will transmit CC's. The manual says it receives CC's, it doesn't specifically say it transmits them but there is a global setting for turning on CC TX so I assume so. Can anyone confirm?
Oh, that would be awesome if you could capture your Pro-800 real time knobs movements as CC messages in your DAW.

I realize the following functionality would have significantly increased the price of other Behringer clones. But I think Behringer missed a golden opportunity to add a small OLED display, ample patch storage, and the ability to transmit and respond to CC messages to all of their mono clones such as the Model D, MS-1, Pro-1, MonoPoly, etc. I would have purchased every one of these synths for three times the price if they had included these modern features. But no patch storage in particular is a dealbreaker for me (which is why later on I used my Sequential Pro One keyboard as a sound design tool only to create expressive sampled analog instruments).

The only synth for which I would make an exception is the Behringer MonoPoly. I used to play in a band with a keyboardist who had an original Juno 6 and a Mono/Poly. (I had a Juno 60, JX-3P. and Sequential Pro One along with TR-606 and Drumulator drum machines.) My bandmate was a Mono/Poly master. I loved playing with that synth. With four oscillators, it can sound massive. And the cross mod is out of this world cool sounding.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”