Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:22 am News: The Glue Beta v1.6.0 for Mac only is ready. macOS 10.13 and above only.

https://cytomic.com/products/glue

V1.6.0 (1 June 2023)
• New: native Apple Silicon 64-bit support (universal binary with x86 64-bit and arm 64-bit)
• New: VST3 support with automatic transfer of VST2 settings and automation if your DAW supports it (tested in Cubase 12)
• New: about box now shows the binary type (x86 / arm) and plugin type (VST2 / VST3 / AUv2 / AUv3 / AAXv2)
• New: updated to the latest version of the Juce framework (Juce 7), so possibly other bug fixes
• New: switched to using in-plugin windows for popup menus instead of creation of system level windows
Found a BUG. Left/Right channels are switched, either on input or output, not sure. Whatever it is, Left and Right are flipped.

Mac v1.6.0 version tested, VST3, VST2 and AU. Same problem in all versions.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:00 am
Found a BUG. Left/Right channels are switched, either on input or output, not sure. Whatever it is, Left and Right are flipped.

Mac v1.6.0 version tested, VST3, VST2 and AU. Same problem in all versions.
x86 or arm? I'll have a look at both just running audio into the left channel and see what happens. Most likely a bug with either the new Juce 7 buffers being passed into The Glue, or the SIMD abstraction layer.

edit: yep, easy fix, intel needs the f64x2 loaded in reverse order {x1, x0}, but on arm it's {x0, x1}, so already fixed and I'll upload a new build in a few minutes.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

The Glue v1.6.1 is ready, if fixes the swapping of left and right for the stereo version on Apple Silicon

Is the Drop VST3 now too?

soon

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:22 am Is the Drop VST3 now too?
No, but The Glue now supports VST3 on macOS. The Drop will take longer as there is a lot of work re-generating the 20 or so circuit models to update them to use the new SIMD DSP layer - and then checking everything as well. Currently The Drop is Intel only, the update will add support for both Apple Silicon and VST3.

andy-cytomic wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:50 am The Glue v1.6.1 is ready, if fixes the swapping of left and right for the stereo version on Apple Silicon
Confirmed! 1.6.1 is fixed.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

the AU installs as x86 on my apple silicon system. the VST3 is Arm. this has been a problem many devs have. It's some kind of naming convention according to Qinto from Sknote. but, inaGRM has same issue w/their plug ins. waldorf and others had the same issue. the AU will install as x86 and the VST3 installs as it should, Arm.

edit: also sent this to the cytomic support email addy :tu:

edit edit: i opened the installer w/Suspicious package and exported the component and dragged it to my components folder and now it shows up as Arm so i guess its the installer's fault?

dayjob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 pm the AU installs as x86 on my apple silicon system. the VST3 is Arm. this has been a problem many devs have. It's some kind of naming convention according to Qinto from Sknote. but, inaGRM has same issue w/their plug ins. waldorf and others had the same issue. the AU will install as x86 and the VST3 installs as it should, Arm.

edit edit: i opened the installer w/Suspicious package and exported the component and dragged it to my components folder and now it shows up as Arm so i guess its the installer's fault?
Thanks for already having emailed support, I'll work through this with you this upcoming week and report back here with what is going on. Not sure what is going on with the installer, but the installer works on many people's systems, just not on yours in particular, sorry about that.

andy-cytomic wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:12 am
dayjob wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 pm the AU installs as x86 on my apple silicon system. the VST3 is Arm. this has been a problem many devs have. It's some kind of naming convention according to Qinto from Sknote. but, inaGRM has same issue w/their plug ins. waldorf and others had the same issue. the AU will install as x86 and the VST3 installs as it should, Arm.

Thanks for already having emailed support, I'll work through this with you this upcoming week and report back here with what is going on. Not sure what is going on with the installer, but the installer works on many people's systems, just not on yours in particular, sorry about that.
i'm just lucky! ha. i'm glad that manually extracting the component worked fine. that solution didn't work for other installers w/same issue.

it's working fine now though.

Mac silicon Version 1.6.2 beta is now online.

[EDIT: I see version 1.6.3 beta is now online ....that was fast.]
Last edited by Weasel-Boy on Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On a number of Macs

The Glue v1.6.3 is up, it fixes crashes to do with closing the plugin window while menus or text edit boxes are open. These are the last issues I know of on the updated macOS builds, so I'll start getting on with the Windows VST3 build on the latest Juce 7 framework now.

News: The Glue v1.6.4 Beta has been released. For those Windows users waiting for VST3 support this is it! Please note that this version also has renamed "The Glue 64.dll" to just "The Glue.dll" for the 64-bit VST2 version, and the 32-bit versions are no longer being released of any plugin format. I've also updated the macOS build to v1.6.4, but there are no significant changes, I just wanted to keep them in sync.

www.cytomic.com/products/glue

Has anyone been able to install / load / authorise / use the external sidechain of the VST3 Windows version of The Glue? I've tested it on a few machines here but it would be nice to know its working fine on more machines before I remove the beta tag.

:).. alas out of your three plugins it is the only one I don't have, so I alas can't test the sidechain in cubendo on mac or windows alas.
Sorry.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”