Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Eh...nevermind.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

thank you Examigan & Jon.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Strainer wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:47 pm Hello!
I'm having trouble with concerto, I moved my *.rvr files to another drive (out of system drive)

Now I cant get the concerto instrument find the files when I start it in my daw.
I have followed these instructions, https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... m-location
but the folder does not seem to "stick". When I restart the instrument, it does not have anything to choose from.

Thanks in advance!

Br,Jani
Thanks Jon from roland for taking time to check this out.
Unfortunately there is no official way to get these libraries moved to another drive.

Therefore I'm asking if anyone has been able to "knife" the code on concerto so that I could get this thing working some other way? Changing some parameters on some file etc.

Would highly appreciate any solution to this.

Br,
Guy whose C: drive is full :D

Strainer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:56 am
Strainer wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:47 pm Hello!
I'm having trouble with concerto, I moved my *.rvr files to another drive (out of system drive)

Now I cant get the concerto instrument find the files when I start it in my daw.
I have followed these instructions, https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... m-location
but the folder does not seem to "stick". When I restart the instrument, it does not have anything to choose from.

Thanks in advance!

Br,Jani
Thanks Jon from roland for taking time to check this out.
Unfortunately there is no official way to get these libraries moved to another drive.

Therefore I'm asking if anyone has been able to "knife" the code on concerto so that I could get this thing working some other way? Changing some parameters on some file etc.

Would highly appreciate any solution to this.

Br,
Guy whose C: drive is full :D
I just installed the EP14 and selected my secondary drive during the install. I used the VST2 version and it works for me here. Unless you meant putting that on an external drive, and I have no idea how that might work.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

I'm currently on my 2nd year of Play 4 Life, which will expire in three months. Are the new V 2.0 legendary instruments are available as P4L rewards (i.e., lifetime keys)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE42U4MBhtA

I love the sound of my MKS-70. It's really unique in the world of analog synthesizers. I don't get any of the same vibe from the Roland Cloud Zen-core JX-8P model. It sounds like a completely different instrument to me. The Roland Cloud JX-8P doesn't sound bad at all. It just sounds like a nice virtual analog plugin.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

Jon at Roland wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:02 pm
Shiek927 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:33 pm Hey Roland Cloud!! it's been a minute since I've been around, but my requests have remained the same for years

The JP8000/8080
The JD-990
The V-Synth

These three digital synths are really the only thing left that I'm still looking for from the Roland family :). The JP8000 deserves to be brought back as the classic that it is. The JD990 is a crown jewel of a synth and one that I've owned in hardware before. Paired with the Vintage Synth card and it's absolutely sublime.

The V-Synth is more of a 'want' instead of a 'need', but I've owned the V1 Keyboard and the XT and it's absolutely fantastic for sound-design. It felt like I had an old-school hardware version of Omnisphere and I bet it was used in scoring during the 2000's extensively.

If you guys get around to making a plugin, my suggestions would be to choose the V-Synth XT. The reason is because the XT, more than either keyboard variant, would be absolutely perfect for a desktop user. The giant touchscreen display felt like I was operating a giant VST. These are plugins after all and not hardware! there doesn't need to be a faux keyboard on the GUI or tiny knobs like you're operating hardware. The interface might as well benefit the user and a software experience.

The XT would pair very well with a keyboard and mouse for the computer-based musician and would translate very well as a plugin, more-so than emulating the V1 keyboard or GT.

The other suggestion would be to make sure that sample-import is included. That's one of the biggest strengths of the V-Synth series after all. Running vocals through the Varisynth engine makes for some wonderful vocal effects. It would be fun to bring those back!

Thank you and have a good weekend ahead!
Hey Shiek97! The XT is great. An interesting model of the V-synth. Modeling the V-Synth after the XT would definitely solve the conundrum of how to include a D-Beam in a plug-in. :phew:
I think Spectrasonics had the same idea! The "Orb" in Omnisphere is extremely similar to the TimeTrip Pad. I think Eric Persing already left Roland by the time the V-Synth came around, but he may have been inspired :!:

Ex Machina wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:27 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE42U4MBhtA

I love the sound of my MKS-70. It's really unique in the world of analog synthesizers. I don't get any of the same vibe from the Roland Cloud Zen-core JX-8P model. It sounds like a completely different instrument to me. The Roland Cloud JX-8P doesn't sound bad at all. It just sounds like a nice virtual analog plugin.
I agree :)
They should have called it Roland JX and released it as a Modern JX variant.
Calling the Boutique JX-08 and the Zen JX8P is a Nostalgia Scam since it has it's own sound and is not sounding like the Instrument they Claim it is.

It does sound Good and i like it allot for what it is but it is not a JX8P Replacement.

Chrisk-K wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:10 am I'm currently on my 2nd year of Play 4 Life, which will expire in three months. Are the new V 2.0 legendary instruments are available as P4L rewards (i.e., lifetime keys)?
You can claim your lifetime key plugin while still in the play4life subscription, you don't have to wait until the end of the subscription. I've claimed the Jupiter 4 which is v2.

You can change the lifetime key plugin within the subscription, you only are commited when the subscription comes to an end.

Added advantage is that you can then have 3 plugins available, 1 lifetime + 2 others by the access selector.

Not expecting Jon can confirm but I'm hoping the Juno 60 also goes to version 2 soon. I'm thinking it's the only other synth that would benefit from having circuit mod..odd it wasn't done when they did the other "analogue" polys, JP4, JP8 and Juno 106. Is it that the Juno 60 isn't one of the plug outs?

Shiek927 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:33 pm Hey Roland Cloud!! it's been a minute since I've been around, but my requests have remained the same for years

The JP8000/8080
The JD-990
The V-Synth
It seems like a lot of people think that the JD-990 is just a rack mount version of the JD-800. But as great as the JD-800 is, the JD-990 is so much more than that, especially if you have the vintage synth board with its 300+ dedicated JD-990 patches.

I should have never sold mine. I replaced it with an XV-5080 which was a nice ROMpler for the time. But it doesn't have the same mojo as the JD-990.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

Ex Machina wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:19 pm

The JP8000/8080
The JD-990
The V-Synth
It seems like a lot of people think that the JD-990 is just a rack mount version of the JD-800. But as great as the JD-800 is, the JD-990 is so much more than that, especially if you have the vintage synth board with its 300+ dedicated JD-990 patches.

I should have never sold mine. I replaced it with an XV-5080 which was a nice ROMpler for the time. But it doesn't have the same mojo as the JD-990.
What I'm disappointed about with all these great synths is that the performance patches are missing. The individual sounds are there but damn, the performance patches (or multis, or whatever they were called) are gone. That's a bummer. Fattest sounds ever.

The JP8000/8080
The JD-990
The V-Synth

Yeah, it couldn't be farther from the truth. The JD990 has a filter that is downright magical. What it lacks in ROMpler sounds like the JV1080, it makes up for in the most sublime synth patches you'd ever get from a digital synth. Especially one of the Roland's.

I'm done with analog. I have more Juno, Jupiter, and Prophet plugins than I know what to do with. What I want are those digital synths that never quite had their time in the sun, especially for how amazing they were and still are.

Shiek927 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:33 pm

The JP8000/8080
The JD-990
The V-Synth

Yeah, it couldn't be farther from the truth. The JD990 has a filter that is downright magical. What it lacks in ROMpler sounds like the JV1080, it makes up for in the most sublime synth patches you'd ever get from a digital synth. Especially one of the Roland's.

I'm done with analog. I have more Juno, Jupiter, and Prophet plugins than I know what to do with. What I want are those digital synths that never quite had their time in the sun, especially for how amazing they were and still are.
+1 yeah we have too many analog emus, I want the digital fun stuff

Not enough mentions of JX-8P ACB on this page :( Digital cyborgs taking over :borg:

Return to “Instruments”