Reason Studios: Soon discontinued authorization for Reason versions 1-11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got email from Reason Studios saying that they will be closing authorization system for versions 1-11...
It says:
"Meanwhile, we've started phasing out the older authorization system used by reason versions 1-11. You will still be able to use Reason 11 and below, but the change will have some implications for you".

What are the implications?
What does this mean?

MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

It doesn’t explain what happens to the actual usb authorizer…
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:08 pm It doesn’t explain what happens to the actual usb authorizer…
It's explained here: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... nd-earlier

The summary is that we no longer officially support the old offline authorization system (including the USB "Ignition Key" and old computer authorizations utilizing CodeMeter).

You can still simply log in to use a version prior to Reason 12. Additionally, if you authorize your computer now and don't change anything in your system/setup from now on it will likely continue to work... but this is neither recommended nor supported.

Anosou wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:16 pm
liquidsound wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:08 pm It doesn’t explain what happens to the actual usb authorizer…
It's explained here: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... nd-earlier

The summary is that we no longer officially support the old offline authorization system (including the USB "Ignition Key" and old computer authorizations utilizing CodeMeter).

You can still simply log in to use a version prior to Reason 12. Additionally, if you authorize your computer now and don't change anything in your system/setup from now on it will likely continue to work... but this is neither recommended nor supported.
Thanks! :oops:
No coffee yet this morning! :hihi:

Upgraded.
Great deal indeed!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

i just wanted to upgrade Reason 1. ( i own Reason 1 + 3)
I have the boxed CDs, i have the serial.
But it is also asking me for a "code".

where should i find that "code" ? ( i have no CD drive ro run the CDs, and no notes on anything such code)

allready bought the upgrade, .......jeebus.
Hope, somebody knows

Funky40 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:20 pm i just wanted to upgrade Reason 1. ( i own Reason 1 + 3)
I have the boxed CDs, i have the serial.
But it is also asking me for a "code".

where should i find that "code" ? ( i have no CD drive ro run the CDs, and no notes on anything such code)

allready bought the upgrade, .......jeebus.
Hope, somebody knows
I think you get a serial and a code for the update which you then register in your RS account.

£79.80 to upgrade to Reason 12 from Reason version 7.02 with the 60% discount is very tempting. I jumped ship many moons ago to Studio One Pro and I'm still on version 4.5.6 of that, which is rock stable for me. With Reason, I still have about 13 RE's, and of those I've only used those by U-HE because I was given the option to download VST versions of them. Weirdly, that would mean being able to use both types in Reason 12. I was going to hold out for upgrading to Studio One version 6 point whatever, till later in the year, as I don't like being a beta tester right out of the bat.

With Reason 12 though, how does Reason 12 handle scaling for older RE's you have, and what are the key things that make's upgrading really worth it apart from the price ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:51 pm £79.80 to upgrade to Reason 12 from Reason version 7.02 with the 60% discount is very tempting. I jumped ship many moons ago to Studio One Pro and I'm still on version 4.5.6 of that, which is rock stable for me. With Reason, I still have about 13 RE's, and of those I've only used those by U-HE because I was given the option to download VST versions of them. Weirdly, that would mean being able to use both types in Reason 12. I was going to hold out for upgrading to Studio One version 6 point whatever, till later in the year, as I don't like being a beta tester right out of the bat.

With Reason 12 though, how does Reason 12 handle scaling for older RE's you have, and what are the key things that make's upgrading really worth it apart from the price ?
Can you give some examples of old REs you want us to tell you?
I haven't had any issue of scaling/ resolutions with any REs but I may have been lucky.

If you use S1, why not using reason as RRP ? With the upgrade, you get grain which is an absolutely awesome granular synth. You also get Europa that is kind of happy mashup between Serum and Thorn.
Both easily deserve the upgrade.

Reason 12 has been rock solid for me since 2 years (I am on apple silicon).

ralfrobert wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:24 pm I think you get a serial and a code for the update which you then register in your RS account.
i need first to register my original Reason 1 or 3. (boxed, with CDs)
its not registered there "today", in their todays system.

it is asking me there for a code. I do not have that code.
and maybe never had any.

was there a. code, where to find ? ( i have no CD drive)

Funky40 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:37 am
ralfrobert wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:24 pm I think you get a serial and a code for the update which you then register in your RS account.

and maybe never had any.

Understand. My guess is that you have to go through support. :(

Funky40 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:37 am

and maybe never had any.

if you bought it, then you should have the code in the box (if i remember correctly...it was long ago).

ralfrobert wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:10 am My guess is that you have to go through support. :(
My guess too. The ticket has been opened.
....not heard back.

things are even funnier now:
i got a mail with serial and a link vs. "code" for my update from jrr.shop.
But the link to reason vs. the "code" goes 404.
Hope this all can be sorted.....i´ll wait and see.
Thanks for helping @all !

Funky40 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:19 am
ralfrobert wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:10 am My guess is that you have to go through support. :(
My guess too. The ticket has been opened.
....not heard back.

things are even funnier now:
i got a mail with serial and a link vs. "code" for my update from jrr.shop.
But the link to reason vs. the "code" goes 404.
Hope this all can be sorted.....i´ll wait and see.
Thanks for helping @all !
I think it will be sorted. I've got good experience with both Reason and JRR support, and as you are a legitimate owner of version 1 (interesting to see how things have developed), I guess they will make it right. Please let us know how it plays out, as you may not be the only one with this kind of problem and future generations can search here for solutions. (I did so several times.)

Anyway, enjoy Reason (V1 as an antique, V12 in the near future), the "most fun" DAW. :)

Its great that the3y are making it super cheap for old Reason users to get on V12, its a very worthwhile upgrade for users of older versions, a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised (although some on more recent versions may be surprised how little it has changed fundamentally!). Worth it to have the reason instruments in a rack IMO whatever your thoughts are on the underlying DAW.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”