Arturia FX Collection 4 out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Upgrade pricing available in Arturia account. If you own FX Collection 3 or prior, you can still take advantage of the free updates, as usual with Arturia.

https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... n/overview

fxc4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks, I think the only one I don't have is the Rotary.. Ironically I just bought UAD's rotary 147 two or three days ago.
rsp
sound sculptist

well, that's a no-brainer; upgraded from three free plugins, for 99€
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

zvenx wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 pm Thanks, I think the only one I don't have is the Rotary.. Ironically I just bought UAD's rotary 147 two or three days ago.
rsp
And contrarily/luckily, I was going to but did not buy the UA Rotary.

Overall, not that big an upgrade, but Dist COLDFIRE is an absolute beast. And LX-24 seems to be getting good reviews and sounds great.

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm well, that's a no-brainer; upgraded from three free plugins, for 99€
FX Collection 3 to 4 upgrade is $69, so this is fantastic.

If you don't mind, could you please let us know what those three free plugins are? I assume they are all are free effects and none of them is an instrument?

No, all effects. I had the mello-fi, plate-140 and MS-20 filter, all of which they've given away free at some point (theyve given away one just before christmas each year since 2019? but it looks like I missed the Juno Chorus in 2020)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I guess I’ll skip this upgrade. I already own Coldfire (which is a fantastic plugin) and the MS-20 filter (also great). I’m not really interested in the rotary thing, which leaves the LX-24 — for €49. Nah, I’ll pass.

But I appreciate that FX Collection 3 users get the updates for free, as usual with Arturia. :clap:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:48 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 pm Thanks, I think the only one I don't have is the Rotary.. Ironically I just bought UAD's rotary 147 two or three days ago.
rsp

Overall, not that big an upgrade, but Dist COLDFIRE is an absolute beast. And LX-24 seems to be getting good reviews and sounds great.
Already have those two alas.
rsp
sound sculptist

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm No, all effects. I had the mello-fi, plate-140 and MS-20 filter, all of which they've given away free at some point (theyve given away one just before christmas each year since 2019? but it looks like I missed the Juno Chorus in 2020)
Okay, thanks. You've got a great deal. :tu:

nanostream wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:06 pm ....
But I appreciate that FX Collection 3 users get the updates for free, as usual with Arturia. :clap:
Say What? i have FX Collection 3 and all of the new ones but one, my upgrade is $29 (not saying it is a bad price, but not free).

edit: ah you mean the updates for the ones we already own.. indeed.. really nice of arturia to always do that.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

rsp

They are good but the UAD Waterfall Rotary is by far the best in my opinion

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:10 pm
rsp

They are good but the UAD Waterfall Rotary is by far the best in my opinion
I tend to much much much prefer the UAD stuff, though I skipped on the UAD Lexicon 224, in part because I have the arturia one (also the ni one and more than enough reverbs from liquidsonics)
rsp
sound sculptist

Yeah, the upgrade price if you own FX Collection 3 and the other plugins is $29. So basically, $29 for the rotary. Not bad.

What I think nanostream may have been saying is that the FX Collection 3 owners get updated to the latest versions of the plugins they own for free. Which is always the case with Arturia as long as the plugin itself doesn't have a major upgrade (i.e. Jup-8 V3 to V4.

Oddly, I purchased, Activated the FX Collection 4 in Software Center, and it didn't add/install the Rotary plugin. I had to go download that on my own. Not sure if that's a bug or ASC is out of date (usually it auto-updates).

This is probably the first time they didn’t punish those that didn’t buy the additional fx plugins as they were released.

My upgrade is $69.

I’m likely going to upgrade too.

Return to “Effects”