One Synth Challenge #172: Lith by Soda Devices (ZioMau Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... e-172-lith

Results:
viewtopic.php?p=8711431&sid=b0397b4491c ... 2#p8711431

Welcome to the the One Synth Challenge:
It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

This Month's Synth:
We return to Lith (done previously for OSC#129). A beautiful, well organized GUI. It's available for all major operating systems.

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a cash bonus of $100 (Normally $50, but the last winner passed it on!). (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

Touch The Universe : **New Prize!!!*** Winner has option to receive 50 banks, totaling $1000 USD!!!

Red Rock Sound : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of any plugin

NUSofting : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of either Sinmad or Echobis

nakst : **New Prize** 1 copy of Integrate (A FL Studio / CLAP format synth only. *Not VST / Standalone*)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: 1x NFR license of either Bioscape or the new Lunaris 2 (or two soundsets of choice)

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : *NEW* 12 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

Newloops.com : any 3 sound packs of choice (excluding bundles)

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

First!

Second 🤣
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

A synth with dedicated pre-routed drift?? I'm so down~
New tracks (September 7th): https://linktr.ee/neukatalyst
"collab_01_(derp)" w/ok cheez (Jungle/Breakcore) & "Among The Stars" (Happy Hardcore)
Discord: neukatalyst (preferred method of contact)

Lith has exceptional modulation capabilities I've always loved :love:
There are abundant routing and curvature possibilities. :hyper:

The features Lith packs into that real estate make it a masterpiece for creative flow. :phones:
quick, _ake what you want in life

Who this, new synth

The sound of the plugin sizzles, most factory presets sizzle, I don’t understand.

rilderec wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:32 pm The sound of the plugin sizzles, most factory presets sizzle, I don’t understand.
Try to set the quality from 1/2 (default of Init patch) to x1 or more ...

Anyone Techno? My first little sessions with Lith: https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/osc- ... king_sucks

It seems to be a capable synth. I somehow find my way around. The modulation system is special ... which needs a bit of learning curve. On some occasions I went to use Bitwig modulators instead of spending more minutes fiddling in the synth ... anyway the draft of my track seems to already go into a good direction. As this has only been mixed with headphones it surely needs a good deal of mixing on real speakers ... hopefully it's not to bad on your speakers.

The synth is quite resource cpu demanding. I already ran into some crackle situations ... without knowing exactly whether it has an effect I went through all patches and switched of the modules the particular patch doesn't use. For example if your patch does not use LFO2 you can easily switch it off. After doing so I had the impression CPU demand was a little less ... can sbdy confirm this?

Yeah, there's a reason for why this one ended up free, hehe, but it's interesting. Ambitious concept with all the modulation adjustment options. No wonder it's a bit tough on the CPU. Still interesting thus far.

This is the a comeback right? We had Lith once, fun synth.

Yep
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/2019/osc-129-lith

liqih wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:41 am This is the a comeback right? We had Lith once, fun synth.

Yep
Ha ha ha... yes ... I've actually forgot about it but I had the strange dejavu feeling "somehow, this is familiar but I don't know why".

liqih wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:41 am This is the a comeback right? We had Lith once, fun synth.

Yep
That's what I thought, too! Don't know if it's the same, is it? :shrug:

Taron wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:02 am

Yep
That's what I thought, too! Don't know if it's the same, is it? :shrug:
Same same but different :hihi: You can check the screenshot of the synth on the #129 page and compare to the curent version. It's still Lith but an updated version.

Return to “Instruments”