Arturia FX Collection 4 out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well well well… music software and my vacation bonus meet again. First Halion 7 then NI Komplete upgrade and now Arturia.

question, how are Arturia FX plugins? we got so many compressors, tubes, reverbs (especially the Relab one) and so on. only the distortion plugin interests me and the granular one but the rest i dunno if they might replace my waves plugins?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

zvenx wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 pm Thanks, I think the only one I don't have is the Rotary.. Ironically I just bought UAD's rotary 147 two or three days ago.
rsp
Same here, yet that makes my upgrade $29... which seems pretty steep considering people are saying they can update from v1 $99. WTF?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Huh, my upgrade on the account page is $69 but when I look at the main FX 4 page it's $49.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:19 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 pm Thanks, I think the only one I don't have is the Rotary.. Ironically I just bought UAD's rotary 147 two or three days ago.
rsp
Same here, yet that makes my upgrade $29... which seems pretty steep considering people are saying they can update from v1 $99. WTF?
Yeah, you definitely save by holding off. But $29 for the rotary isn't bad either. But there's no need for FOMO, they'll just eventually release FX Collection 5 with all this stuff plus more for a low upgrade price and you may get more bang for the buck waiting.

I feel like Arturia is one of the best when it comes to upgrade models.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:19 pm
rsp
They use the exact same system as Native Instruments. You can wait years and get a bargain.. or you can upgrade every time and pay quite a lot more.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

.. as for the Rotary plugin. It really is quite nice. When used very subtly (dry/wet set to about 5%) you can get some awesome subtle motion and transient dulling on sources. This can be very effectively used to push back instruments into the mix. Sort of what I've been doing with FabFilter Saturn once in a while, slowly moving the various cross overs, saturation and EQ nodes with slow(ish) random LFOs, then make it super wide in mid/side mode and finally mix that subtly in with the dry signal.

The preamp section is also really characterful and sounds awesome on various sources. My only gripe with that part is the high amount of highs that are cut. Every signal gets really muddy by default, which suites some sources but not all. Wish it was possible to get higher bandwidth out of it.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:30 pm Yeah, you definitely save by holding off. But $29 for the rotary isn't bad either. But there's no need for FOMO, they'll just eventually release FX Collection 5 with all this stuff plus more for a low upgrade price and you may get more bang for the buck waiting.

I feel like Arturia is one of the best when it comes to upgrade models.
Exactly. I’ll survive without the rotary and reverb plugins. They seem nice, but it’s just not worth the 50 bucks to me, even if it’s a fair price. If they release something interesting in the ballpark of Coldfire or Fragments before FX Collection 5 comes out I’ll probably get it right away. If not, I’ll just wait for the next bundle upgrade.

Updating from FX Collection 3 to 4 using Arturia Software Center...

Had to run *30 separate installers*!?! :scared:

I already own FX3 and purchased Coldfire (which is awesome) and also have the free give aways so the only new things would be the Rotary and the reverb. My upgrade is $49 which isn’t worth it for me for just those two I probably won’t use. I did just run the updater and am curious if it installed the new presets. Anyone check that out?

LX-24 is worth the $49 alone.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

octaveup wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:24 am Updating from FX Collection 3 to 4 using Arturia Software Center...

Had to run *30 separate installers*!?! :scared:
You can use the "update all" option and it will install everything by itself, but yeah, it needs to install every single one after another.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

I think the moral of the story here is 'don't buy the plugins in between collection releases' if you want the best deal (€49 for me to go from 3 to 4 with no post 3 plugins bought).

lnikj wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:11 am I think the moral of the story here is 'don't buy the plugins in between collection releases' if you want the best deal (€49 for me to go from 3 to 4 with no post 3 plugins bought).
I didn't buy anything in between either but I can upgrade for 69€. Got the V Collection too. No idea why I have to pay 20 more than you.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:55 am
lnikj wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:11 am I think the moral of the story here is 'don't buy the plugins in between collection releases' if you want the best deal (€49 for me to go from 3 to 4 with no post 3 plugins bought).
I didn't buy anything in between either but I can upgrade for 69€. Got the V Collection too. No idea why I have to pay 20 more than you.
Strange. My V Collection is not the latest, but I do have Pigments too?

Return to “Effects”