● Selected layers not playing back initially after recording takes
● [Ampire/Pedalboard] Pitch Shifter does not read automation
● [Automation] Pencil Tool shows inconsistent behavior with Cmd/Ctrl key
● [Custom Colors] Color palette hides behind context menu
● [Custom Colors] Color pop-up in channel editor has no color selector
● [Custom Colors] Preset save dialog hidden behind color palette
● [Presence XT] Truncated instrument text description
● [Pro EQ³] Certain LLC settings may interrupt audio rendering
● [Pro-EQ³] Wrong latency reported when LLC filter is used in High Quality setting
● [Pro-EQ³] Threshold settings not saved in dynamic mode
● [Score Editor] Choosing notes in step record may add unwanted rests
● [Score Editor] Lyrics are not properly aligned to notes with certain values
● [Show Page] Certain sections do not work in Performance View
● [Start Page] Potential crash when clicking on a Song in Songs tab
● [Sync Points] Splitting an Event doesn't create an additional Sync Point
● [Track Presets] Instrument tracks don't connect to inputs from inserts of other tracks
● [Track Presets] Multi-outs may load in wrong order
● [VST2] Offline mode not reported correctly to plug-ins on bounce
● [Windows] Downgrading Studio One can lead to scripting errors
● Mono tracks can no longer be inputs for other mono tracks
● Track Notes cannot be enlarged after reducing track controls to smallest width
● Clip Gain Envelope with sudden changes adds unwanted fades
● Crash on transforming Audio Track back to Instrument Track with pattern
● Degrading performance while instantiating plug-ins in certain situations
● Dragging instrument parts to Chord Track not working properly in certain situations
● Input controls missing in Inspector when mixer is closed
● Instruments don't follow bus hierarchy when inserted via command
● Panning no longer works for instruments in Low Latency Monitoring path
● [Multi Instrument] Part Automation (Modwheel, Sustain Pedal, etc.) ignored in mixdown
● Plug-in automation appears off visually after opening song
● Potential crash on processing delay compensation
● Potential crash when editing transposed audio event during loop playback
● "Select All" selects lyrics of Arrangement and Scratch Pad
● Sidechain input lost after transforming Instrument to Audio Track and back
● Update check not working for external Language Pack from PreSonus Exchange
● Visual representation of notes disappear when changing timebase

that quite a few bug fixes...better late than never for some of them (they layers one was a nuisance)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I've been reading that PDC is broken in S1. I **think** I may have confirmed it.

I created 32 tracks with the same short click audio file. I created folders/busses and added different fx as inserts and send on the busses and tracks. I routed everything to a parent folder track. The tracks are OUT OF SYNC.

This is a critical error that makes the software unusable...

I'm using v5 (latest). Is the issue still there in v6? I was about to get Sphere, this is a huge disappointment.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:26 pm I've been reading that PDC is broken in S1. I **think** I may have confirmed it.

I created 32 tracks with the same short click audio file. I created folders/busses and added different fx as inserts and send on the busses and tracks. I routed everything to a parent folder track. The tracks are OUT OF SYNC.

I'm using v5 (latest). Is the issue still there in v6? I was about to get Sphere, this is a huge disappointment.
In v6.1.2?

Sonik31 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:43 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:26 pm I've been reading that PDC is broken in S1. I **think** I may have confirmed it.

In v6.1.2?
Haven't tried, I'm using version 5. I see no mention of it in the changelogs, although people claim it has been acknowledged by Presonus.

I didn't feel any problem with PDC. I use a lot of parallel and side chain processing. And if there's some problem with it, it gonna sound weird...

Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:25 pm

In v6.1.2?
Haven't tried, I'm using version 5. I see no mention of it in the changelogs, although people claim it has been acknowledged by Presonus.
There is a demo, right?
https://www.presonus.com/en-US/studio-one.html
Why don't you try by yourself? You can install the demo in a different folder.

For me personally, I haven't noticed any timing problem, but I use few tracks and few plugins that introduce latency.

EnGee wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:22 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:25 pm

In v6.1.2?
There is a demo, right?
https://www.presonus.com/en-US/studio-one.html
Why don't you try by yourself? You can install the demo in a different folder.

For me personally, I haven't noticed any timing problem, but I use few tracks and few plugins that introduce latency.
My trial is expired. I can't believe people don't care about something so critical.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:08 pm My trial is expired. I can't believe people don't care about something so critical.
make another account and try it again.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

I have read about this problem also.
If I remember correctly, there were some 3rd party plugins making the out of sync but can't remember 100% sure how it was written.

I'd be embarrassed to release software with so many problems, don't they have any in-house beta testers?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

No PDC problems here unless it’s from the latest update

I run into real-time playback timing jitter problems when CPU use gets above 80% or so. I’m on MacOS.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:40 pm I'd be embarrassed to release software with so many problems, don't they have any in-house beta testers?
Nothing for Presonus to be embarrassed about. All major apps include a plethora of bug fixes and maybe new features with updates. That's what updates are for.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

I did a second test and couldn't reproduce the issue like I could before. Might be intermittent? I'll do some more testing and let you know. Any good tips for a PDC stress test?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”