One Synth Challenge #172: Lith by Soda Devices (ZioMau Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:11 am
Taron wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:02 am
liqih wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:41 am This is the a comeback right? We had Lith once, fun synth.

Yep
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/2019/osc-129-lith
That's what I thought, too! Don't know if it's the same, is it? :shrug:
Same same but different :hihi: You can check the screenshot of the synth on the #129 page and compare to the curent version. It's still Lith but an updated version.
AH, yes, well, another one I had missed, but oddly enough remember. Well, let's see if I get around to it now. Thanks, Peter! :tu:

Here on the Lith KVR page there are even presets from ] Peter:H [, CX-30 and Richard Semper) It seems that Lith has mostly received minor improvements on the technical side. In terms of UI, this is probably the most changing VSTi of all time! :hihi:

tested some older versions all hate my cpu (i7-9750H) at default sample rate and quality 1/2 i get horrible hiss, at 1x it goes away.

CPU usage is crazy in this synth though. should spend more time optimising than creating a new GUI imho, something wrong with the way it works.

Bouncing tracks all the time is not fun.

If the CPU usage was managed it could be a really fun complex synth.

liqih wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:41 am This is the a comeback right? We had Lith once, fun synth.

Yep
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/2019/osc-129-lith
As for me, I'm a newer player, so this'll be a first for me - it looks incredible; and based on the previous iteration's final playlist, it sounds incredible too~
IV! wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:20 pm Here on the Lith KVR page there are even presets from ] Peter:H [, CX-30 and Richard Semper) It seems that Lith has mostly received minor improvements on the technical side. In terms of UI, this is probably the most changing VSTi of all time! :hihi:
Ooh, I'm gonna need to check those out. 🤔
New tracks (September 7th): https://linktr.ee/neukatalyst
"collab_01_(derp)" w/ok cheez (Jungle/Breakcore) & "Among The Stars" (Happy Hardcore)
Discord: neukatalyst (preferred method of contact)

MadMcMan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:58 pm tested some older versions all hate my cpu (i7-9750H) at default sample rate and quality 1/2 i get horrible hiss, at 1x it goes away.

CPU usage is crazy in this synth though. should spend more time optimising than creating a new GUI imho, something wrong with the way it works.

Bouncing tracks all the time is not fun.

If the CPU usage was managed it could be a really fun complex synth.
Yeah it's a CPU eater, for what it does. As we see the developer went for customizable samplerates,
each for realtime and rendering, still the main difference is between 1/2 x and 1 x.
Well, one more feature for the challenge, ha ha...

Hi ! :) :) :)
I was thinking of a usual VA synth, one of a thousand but when i opened it and tried some sounds...warm, inspiring, good modulation routing and shapes, easy to use. I found it even light on my old cpu and stable in Reaper that loads the project (with about 23 instances of Lith) in less time than ever in osc. Also used or tweaked some presets from Richard Semper and Peter H (thank you guys!) coming from OSC#129 and, in two days (actually nights)... i completed the song for this round! Cool! :tu:

liqih wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:47 am Yeah it's a CPU eater, for what it does. As we see the developer went for customizable samplerates,
each for realtime and rendering, still the main difference is between 1/2 x and 1 x.
So ... when you render, e.g. in Reaper, how does the plugin use the "render samplerate" vs the other rate. Does it actually make any difference to the overall sound once all embedded in a mix ... I am happy with the 1x for both, and don't get glitches or cpu problmes.

But then 73yr old ears can't hear much anyways ... :D

dB

doctorbob wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:18 pm
liqih wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:47 am Yeah it's a CPU eater, for what it does. As we see the developer went for customizable samplerates,
So ... when you render, e.g. in Reaper, how does the plugin use the "render samplerate" vs the other rate. Does it actually make any difference to the overall sound once all embedded in a mix ... I am happy with the 1x for both, and don't get glitches or cpu problmes.

But then 73yr old ears can't hear much anyways ... :D

dB
I would keep the same multiplier for real time and rendering so you will not have surprises,
but if the exported mixdown is too noisy you can try 2 x or 4 x oversample just in rendering

Hey finally a synth I can run on my Mac :D

How is everybody? It's been a while, hopefully I can make something for this month. Good luck everyone!
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

liqih wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:24 pm [...]

I would keep the same multiplier for real time and rendering so you will not have surprises,
but if the exported mixdown is too noisy you can try 2 x or 4 x oversample just in rendering
Yes, this. Some patches sound different with higher settings. They get more top end, which might gives them more presence in the mix, though not needed/intended.
I have even used the multiplyer switched to 1/4 as a parameter for sound design. if you like to perfect the "imperfection" in sounds ...dare to switch to 1/4.

Thanks for the info folks. I did notice some BIG changes in a sound when you change the over sampling. Yes, Peter, just another part of sound design eh?

Getting rid of clicks on env attack and release can be a pain though ... take care there ...

dB

Preview has been deleted and replaced by submission here: viewtopic.php?p=8693377#p8693377
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZioMau wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:57 am [...] Also used or tweaked some presets from Richard Semper and Peter H (thank you guys!) coming from OSC#129 and, in two days (actually nights)... i completed the song for this round! Cool! :tu:
First time sbdy used some of my patches ... me feels honoured. Thanks for the credits, ZioMau! Looking forward to listening to your track and may be spot a patch or two :-)

Edit: Lith is still doing the vinyl crackle tape hiss emulation, but to a lesser degree… 8)

LITHUANIAN SAMBA FESTIVAL 1977

# of Lith instances: 63
DAW: Cubase 12
DAW FX: Steinberg Compressor, PingPong Delay, Autopan
FREE FX: Toneboosters Reverb, ValhallaSupermassive & TDR Kotelnikov

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... a-festival

Edit June 24: Changes made to the drums/percussion + new outro
Last edited by Yadrichik_Chaya on Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fusion

@peterH, try writing a different song. Yours is usually a good song that I always love, score high and comment on, but it's the same song over, and over, and over again. It's like "insert new synth into Bitwig template", but it's a good template!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Return to “Instruments”