Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 pm
phreaque wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:19 pm Again, not the case, the VST3 format for now is only useful for Cubase 12+ users. The VST2 format will still be around as long as plugin developers have their licenses.
Only true for developers who already had a license. New devs can't sell VST2's.
That's what I said :)

New devs are limited to VST3 & Clap (no need to mention other formats :hihi: )

phreaque wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:47 pm
New devs are limited to VST3 & Clap (no need to mention other formats :hihi: )
Spire with CLAP format (and features) would be awesome.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 pm
phreaque wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:19 pm Again, not the case, the VST3 format for now is only useful for Cubase 12+ users. The VST2 format will still be around as long as plugin developers have their licenses.
Only true for developers who already had a license. New devs can't sell VST2's.
It would be a shame if all devs went to CLAP and some poor soul with a valid VST2 license left a free wrapper laying around on the internet...
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:35 pm .......

Aftertouch is working in most VST3's

Indeed.

rsp
sound sculptist

Spire should aSpire to CLAP!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

phreaque wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:50 pm
anoise wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:41 pm
phreaque wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:11 pm Did it ever work previously in the VST3 version?
It did not. Thought it would be fixed by now.
Neither the after touch nor any of the CC / MIDI learn work in the VST3. I've reported about that previously Fwiw.
They should really implement MIDI learn and Aftertouch in the VST3 as soon as possible. It surprises me that they even released it without that.

liquidsound wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:44 amSpire should aSpire to CLAP!
Why? What a waste of precious development time.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:25 am
Perhaps, but I'm not the one that's going to do it :hihi:

liquidsound wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:53 am
Perhaps, but I'm not the one that's going to do it :hihi:
Simple conversions can be done in less than a day. They could have it done within a week...
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Wow, your punk rock bands must have been so rebellious.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Good Lord, what has the world come to? I'm actually agreeing with BONES.

I guess I missed the memo. Despite the benefits listed below from the u-he site, CLAP is still another plugin standard for developers to support. And as much as I am a huge fan of u-he (the company, its products, and its inimitable founder Urs,) u-he (and certainly not Bitwig) don''t have the industry clout to pull this off, IMO.

Developed with modern CPUs in mind, CLAP takes multi-thread management to a new level, with a clear and efficient allocation of roles between plug-in and host. Specifically, CLAP allows collaborative multicore support between plug-in and host through a so-called "thread-pool", also allowing hosts to manage CPU-threading for plug-ins that provide their own multicore support. Preliminary tests show significant performance gains compared with current solutions.

This all sounds great. Except there was a near revolt among developers and musicians alike when Apple decided to develop their own Audio Unit plugin standard for Logic. And this was Apple with all its money and muscle and now owning one of the most popular DAWs of all time.

Similarly, I can't see Steinberg ever supporting CLAP. They are all about VST3 these days and have even dropped support for VST2 plugins in versions of Cubase Pro 12.

Finally, Avid is not about to abandon their AAX plugin standard now that they seem to have finally settled on something they will actually support long term (unlike their earlier RTAS and other plugin "standards").

Who does this leave, Bitwig, Ableton, FL Studio, and maybe Presonus? That's not enough companies to impose another plugin standard on developers and users.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

I really hope this thread stays on topic, and doesn't vanish into the CLAP discussion void again.

If you want a CLAP version, bug the developers with it. There's contact info on their site. This is a discussion about Spire, not about CLAP.

You know, stuff like that always reminds me of the Windows forums I frequent. There's the small group of Linux users which miss no opportunity to propagate Linux as well, and, everytime I take a look at the market share, I see 1 to 2% on home computers. Fine if you want to use it, but, understand that it's not that big of a priority. And, that it's super annoying to have to find through pages of discussion by a few vocal individuals, when you want to find info about the synth, not general discussions about a plugin format.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:47 am I really hope this thread stays on topic,…
> proceeds to wiffle on about Linux…

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:35 am
Wow, your punk rock bands must have been so rebellious.
:hihi:

So, a pebble disturbed the peaceful lake… :lol:

Return to “Instruments”