Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

discoDSP wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:14 pm Yes, hopefully with the next framework update which should largely improve it.
Ok, sounds quite promizing!

discoDSP wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:41 pm Thanks for the report.

Please Switch Engine Quality to normal under Options. It only happens with macOS by the way.

I will post a hot fix for this in the next hour.
Thanks for the quick response, that seemed to work.
Your Advert Here!!!

There is a new macOS installer at Members Area that has the issue already fixed.

Hi,

just bought the Bliss 2.3
I want to use it to sample things for my Disting EX. I tried batch sampling Generate plug in.. using loop. But for some reason I end up with all my samples having a "tail" at the start of the sample. Loop works fine although I would love to have a way to change Start End for all zones at once :p Oh.. also what ever the setting for loop lengh it's almost like it loops from the middle of the sample.
again.. just installed tried it so maybe I do something wrong.

(btw sampling hardware is top #1 in what I would like to see)

We are excited to announce the release of Bliss 2.4, our top-of-the-line performance sampler and advanced virtual instrument sampling solution, now available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. This update brings major enhancements, setting new standards in your musical production journey.

What's new in Bliss 2.4
  • A significant framework update, enhancing the stability and performance of our software.
  • Revamped macOS app icon reflecting the modern Big Sur style, integrating seamlessly into your macOS environment.
  • Streamlined update checking process with an updated URL for enhanced convenience.
  • For improved usability, the loading of Instruments and Effects now directly points to the default system folders.
  • Resolved an issue with the Virtual Instrument sampling bug where plug-ins that didn't return a program slot weren't sampled correctly.
  • We're introducing a new built-in feature for online license activation, making it simpler and faster for you to get started.
  • Several GUI enhancements to improve your user experience and work flow.
For our loyal Bliss 1 users, upgrading to 2.4 can be done at a special rate in the Members Area.

Discover more about Bliss 2.4 on our Bliss page. We're confident that this update will significantly improve your creative processes and we can't wait to hear the incredible music you create!

The online activation marks the end of my purchasing of DiscoDSP products, unfortunately. I do appreciate that you support Linux, however.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

We appreciate your concerns, and we'd like to clarify that discoDSP's commitment to making high-quality music software accessible across platforms remains unwavering.

To that end, we want to clear up a little misunderstanding: our Linux builds do not require online activation! That's right, in the world of Linux, we like to keep things as open as possible, just as Linux itself intended.

As a little aside, we're well aware of the unique challenges our Linux-based musicians face. I mean, isn't it hard enough trying to explain what a Linux distro is to your bandmates, let alone deal with online activations? Now, you just have to worry about hitting the right note, and we'll take care of the rest.

Keep on rocking...in the open-source world!

Are you saying that none of your linux versions of any of your software uses challenge/response or any online activation?

What about your installers for Linux? Do they have any copy protection built into them on linux?
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I see that you’ve posted in other threads today. So should I take your lack of response here as reluctance to answer my questions directly?

Still no comment?

“Keep on rocking...in the open-source world!” Haha! What cheese! :hihi:

Yes, none of our Linux versions of any of our software uses challenge/response or any online activation. As for the Linux installers, they do not have any copy protection built into them. All these details can also be found in the system requirements section on our website.

Ok. Thank you for responding. I was starting to feel like you were avoiding me. 🙂

Bliss v2.5 is out now.

What's new in Bliss 2.5
  • Buffer output is now cleared on load, preventing unwanted noise on certain hosts during activation.
  • Boundaries of the activation window have been adjusted when zoom is set at 150% or higher, optimizing visibility and usability.
  • File dialogs have been upgraded to utilize native OS functionality, ensuring a smoother and more intuitive user experience.
  • We've resolved an issue causing the activation window to appear in the background upon loading, providing a more streamlined setup process.
  • Our math functions have received significant updates, further enhancing the performance of our software.
  • Monospace font has been updated, facilitating better readability and aesthetic appeal.
  • The color of popup menu separators has been modified to offer a more coherent visual experience.
  • Titles of dialog windows have been simplified, emphasizing clarity and straightforward navigation.
  • Waveform display now features a cached view, resulting in faster load times and improved efficiency.

Hello everyone,

We're excited to announce a new update to the demo version of our Bliss sampler. Now, you have the ability to save your samples or sampled virtual instruments as SFZ files, albeit the WAV files will be limited to 16-bit only. This feature was previously not available in the demo version.

This enhancement allows you to explore and store your unique sounds with more flexibility and control, even while using the demo trial.

Happy sampling and music creation!

Hey fellow musicians! 🎵 Have you checked out Bliss 2.6 yet?

If you haven't heard yet, Bliss 2.6 just dropped, and it's a total game-changer! The new features are:
  • Revamped core framework.
  • Now supporting Windows 32-bit standalone – for all those retro plugin lovers out there.
  • And guess what? We've even fixed that pesky SFZ saving issue in the demo.
Last edited by discoDSP on Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”