Arturia FX Collection 4 out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why bother?
Last edited by zerocrossing on Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:28 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:29 am
zerothinking wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:13 amit seems odd to me that they’re basically encouraging their most loyal customers to not update, because we all know there will be a bunch of other effects created and added to FX Collection 5 and you’ll pay $99 for all of them and basically get the pre v4 editions as part of the deal :shrug:
Yeah, that's very logical. But I bet it would be better to not update to v5, because we all know there will be a bunch of other effects created and added to FX Collection 6 and you’ll pay $99 for all of them and basically get the pre v5 editions as part of the deal. But I bet it would be better to not update to v6, because we all know there will be a bunch of other effects created and added to FX Collection 7 and you’ll pay $99 for all of them and basically get the pre v6 editions as part of the deal. But I bet it would be better to not update to v7, because we all know there will be a bunch of other effects created and added to FX Collection 8 and you’ll pay $99 for all of them and basically get the pre v7 editions as part of the deal. But I bet it would be better to not update to v8...
Not remotely close to being the same thing. Go back and learn addition, and come back with a better post.
Exactly the same thing. Go back and learn proper logic and come back with some intelligence.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:52 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:28 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:29 am
zerothinking wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:13 amit seems odd to me that they’re basically encouraging their most loyal customers to not update, because we all know there will be a bunch of other effects created and added to FX Collection 5 and you’ll pay $99 for all of them and basically get the pre v4 editions as part of the deal :shrug:
Yeah, that's very logical. But I bet it would be better to not update to v5, because we all know there will be a bunch of other effects created and added to FX Collection 6 and you’ll pay $99 for all of them and basically get the pre v5 editions as part of the deal. But I bet it would be better to not update to v6, because we all know there will be a bunch of other effects created and added to FX Collection 7 and you’ll pay $99 for all of them and basically get the pre v6 editions as part of the deal. But I bet it would be better to not update to v7, because we all know there will be a bunch of other effects created and added to FX Collection 8 and you’ll pay $99 for all of them and basically get the pre v7 editions as part of the deal. But I bet it would be better to not update to v8...
Not remotely close to being the same thing. Go back and learn addition, and come back with a better post.
Exactly the same thing. Go back and learn proper logic and come back with some intelligence.
So having the same upgrade price from v1 to v4 as to v3 to 4 is logical?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:54 pm So having the same upgrade price from v1 to v4 as to v3 to 4 is logical?
Strawman.
69 euros if you have FX Collection 3
Yeah, that seems right, but oddly if you have FX Collection 1 and nothing else, it’s only $99.
That's you posted that, saying that the upgrade price from from v1 to v4 is not the same as v3 to 4 .
And yet now you're trying to say its a thing I was commenting on the logic of, despite the facts. Odd that.

Come back when you can argue in a straight line.

God, how I love KVR. Thoughtful, insightful discussions, friendly banter, and never a harsh word. It's like looking at a field full of rainbow-pooping unicorns.
"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's depressing."

KenMyr wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:06 pm God, how I love KVR. Thoughtful, insightful discussions, friendly banter, and never a harsh word. It's like looking at a field full of rainbow-pooping unicorns.
the ones with the purple eyes shit less than the ones with green eyes :)

not sure why, but it's what i heard.

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:09 pm
KenMyr wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:06 pm God, how I love KVR. Thoughtful, insightful discussions, friendly banter, and never a harsh word. It's like looking at a field full of rainbow-pooping unicorns.

https://youtu.be/AcBTOU7RvbU
"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's depressing."

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:59 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:54 pm So having the same upgrade price from v1 to v4 as to v3 to 4 is logical?
Strawman.
69 euros if you have FX Collection 3
Yeah, that seems right, but oddly if you have FX Collection 1 and nothing else, it’s only $99.
That's you posted that, saying that the upgrade price from from v1 to v4 is not the same as v3 to 4 .
And yet now you're trying to say its a thing I was commenting on the logic of, despite the facts. Odd that.

Come back when you can argue in a straight line.
Uh… I didn’t say that. You’re mistaking me for someone else. My criticism is that they seem to not take into account both your previous full version updates and mid version releases. Because the bulk of the new versions are mostly legacy models, each full version upgrade becomes more expensive per plugin.

I get it. They are encouraging people with old versions to get up to date, and assuming those who’ve been along for the full ride will just continue. I can’t help but think that I can spend $99 later and get the Lesley, which I don’t care that much about, and the three they’ll release between now and the next full release, basically getting the Lesley for free. I’m just saying that giving away the Lesley to those who’ve consistently bought each full version, including the mid full release releases, would not really cost them anything in the long run and garner some good will from their fans.
Zerocrossing Media

KenMyr wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:18 pm

and there you have the perfect allegory for the mac vs pc business.

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:39 pm

Saying that thrice summons Bones I have been told...
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

shhhhhhh... don't even whisper his name :o

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:31 pm Uh… I didn’t say that.
No, you quoted it, exactly as I quoted you quoting it. Nested quotes.

I think Arturia accounts for the fact that upgrading leaves customers with duplicates. Whether you upgrade from single plugins or from one bundle to the next, you never trade in what you already own (unlike Soundtoys). Therefore if you want to really game the system, buying singles in-between full versions is actually the "best deal" because it gives you the lowest upgrade price and you'll be able to sell your duplicates. No license transfer fee either.

Really, Arturia has some of the most consumer friendly policies in the industry on top of being quite generous with free plugins and great sales. Over the years I've received 5 plugins by Arturia for free and updates have always been free until a plugin was replaced by an actual rebuild. Demos are unlimited (yes 20 min at a time, but that's plenty to bounce to audio. I'm still on V7 and use some of the newer synths like this all the time lol) and as I've already mentioned, no trade in when cross-/upgrading and no license transfer fee.

People suggesting they should just give away the Lesley for some good will either have a short memory or aren't paying attention.

And always the same people involved as well.

vurt wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:39 pm

https://youtu.be/SjrHGvTNcG4
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”