How do people update their Plugin Alliance plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PA updates their plugins? lol j/k
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

jamcat wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:42 pm I just reinstall all of my plugins every once in awhile, since PA does such a poor job of alerting users to updates.
I dont think I have EVER gotten an update notice from them. The only reason mine are even as updated as they are is because every now and then I go look at my user account and see if any of my DMGs are outdated heh. Thankfully nowadays I only have 3 or 4 installed anymore (for when I open those old projects that used them) so it doesn't take too long to check the MC-77, Townhouse or the BlackBox for updates.

Sadly I often find out about most updates for my software through news sites or forums like this despite being signed up to everybody and their mothers mailing lists.

they get updates??? :D

Nothing to update cause Plugin Alliance STILL hasn't come out with a Ventura fix. Do not buy their plugins if you intend to use them in Logic X on Ventura. You even go near them and they'll crash logic hard. If you do risk using them on your most loved projects, I'd say save your logic file every 10 seconds cause it's like working around land mines.

Really? Which ones, I've been using a number of PA fx including from Unfiltered Audio and Brainworx in Logic on Ventura and not had any crashes so far.

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:23 am Really? Which ones, I've been using a number of PA fx including from Unfiltered Audio and Brainworx in Logic on Ventura and not had any crashes so far.
I don't really use any unfiltered audio, but most of my PA/brainworx plugs have been a nightmare. I reached out to PA and they told me "our plugins will NOT work within logic on Ventura". They couldn't have been more correct.

I'm still on Intel however. Not sure how M1/M2 performs.
Last edited by Raddler1 on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted
Last edited by Raddler1 on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted

jamcat wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:42 pm I just reinstall all of my plugins every once in awhile, since PA does such a poor job of alerting users to updates.
Same here. I just re-download and re-install all owned plugins a few times a year just in case there has been an update.
It's kind of bizarre that they don't actually notify you when there has been an update.

Potentially good news regarding this issue, PA plugins will be managed through Native Access in the future:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/blog ... ments.html
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Sucks. How hard would it be to keep a list of updates on the site?
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:03 am ... I wish PA would inform me when an update is available. I just checked my account and 2 of my NEOLD plugs were updated months ago.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

standalone wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:34 pm Potentially good news regarding this issue, PA plugins will be managed through Native Access in the future:

Good news…? hopefully they will keep those “real” low prices that are regularly posted.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Most Brainworx plugins just got a full dot update. (e.g., v1.6.2 → v1.7.0)
Most "Made by Brainworx" brands as well, except for Shadow Hills, TOMO and spL.

The changelogs don't yet list the latest versions. I’m guessing they’ve been updated for official Ventura compatibility.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

standalone wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:34 pm Potentially good news regarding this issue, PA plugins will be managed through Native Access in the future:

Native Access? Good news??? Lol
I use two PA plugins only, but would never
be willing to switch to Native Instruments or Native Mess /Access

DCrown wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:54 pm

Native Access? Good news??? Lol
I use two PA plugins only, but would never
be willing to switch to Native Instruments or Native Mess /Access
Why? Product managers/downloaders like NI etc are really useful if they are well implemented. I enjoy using Native Access, it works well and is pretty easy to use. Wondering what your issues are with these?

Return to “Effects”