Cubase and my browsersound at the same time?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Cubase.
But at the same time I want to follow a tutorial for it in my firefox.
Now the problem is, that I can only hear the sound of Cubase but not the browser also.

How can I solve this and can hear both?

Thanks a lot.

classic

Check the settings for your audio driver, see if there’s a share option or something that allows multiple programs to access it at the same time.

I'm not in front of my computer right now. There is an option to check in options/ Studio setup / about freeing the audio driver when Cubase in background. Check that.

Is this a Windows only thing?

This works perfectly fine in MacOS. I regularly 'take breaks' and minimize the window and throw on Apple Music or go play in Safari for a bit. This weekend I forgot I had Cubase open (with a project loaded no less) and got sucked into playing MAME for awhile, Mrs Pac Man was still gobble gobble gobble as usual with Cubase in the background.

Yes. It is.

To be specific: single-client ASIO drivers.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

-"Some audio applications will take exclusive control of an audio device's drivers so that other apps can't play any sound at the same time. This is known as "Exclusive-Mode" and to disable it: Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select Playback devices."

If you are on mac, download CASTER.
On Cubase you select CASTER as the audio driver, and on CASTER you select your soundcard output.
And then you can use your soundcard output as your system output + Cubase together.
If you are on windows you can use ASIO or Voicemeeter (it allows you to capture Cubase sound if you record your screen btw, same like CASTER)

I also read about FlexAsio that is supposed to do the trick.
Anyway, the option of freeing the audio device when cubase is not in focus, made it more usefull.
I don´t have to shut down cubase every time I want to watsh something in youtube or so.

Thanks a lot to all here:)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”