Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's still there: discoDSP Members Area
George even added purchase IDs next to some products - obviously those that have the new authorization scheme embedded. That's a step up indeed. Adding file date to every download would be another great improvement !

Fun fact : I totally changed my mind about this synth as I upgraded my monitors and audio hardware as years passed by (confirmation everytime of what I thought I had heard). Now I’m sure, 101% sure about my choice.

I’ll let you free to think what you want of it. :D

It’s funny to read what all people perceive. Sometimes it’s fascinating. Such a big world...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Martkorg wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:49 pm
Vortifex wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:27 am Any update on fixing the volume bug in FL Studio, reported here viewtopic.php?p=7754094#p7754094 in 2020 and here in 2021 viewtopic.php?p=8264520#p8264520 ?
I had the same problem in FL but the latest build has solved the Volume problem v 7.7
Nope, problem existed in that version and still exists in the latest version.

Which OS ? I'm on Windows 10 latest update 22H2

Discovery Pro 7.8.2 released

• Activation Window Issue Resolved: The problem where the activation window was opening in the background has been fixed.
  • VST3 Parameter Issue Addressed: A patch has been applied to sort out the VST3 parameter glitch.
  • Minor Skin Asset Updates: The default skin assets have been updated for a more refreshing look.
  • Noise Issue Fixed: We've resolved the issue of noise interference during license activation in some DAW hosts.
  • Removal of Legacy Banks Message: The message dialog for 'legacy banks not found' has been removed for a smoother user experience.
  • Improved Navigation: Certain menus have been sorted and organized for more efficient navigation.

discoDSP wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:41 pm Discovery Pro 7.8.2 released

• Activation Window Issue Resolved: The problem where the activation window was opening in the background has been fixed.
  • VST3 Parameter Issue Addressed: A patch has been applied to sort out the VST3 parameter glitch.
  • Minor Skin Asset Updates: The default skin assets have been updated for a more refreshing look.
  • Noise Issue Fixed: We've resolved the issue of noise interference during license activation in some DAW hosts.
  • Removal of Legacy Banks Message: The message dialog for 'legacy banks not found' has been removed for a smoother user experience.
  • Improved Navigation: Certain menus have been sorted and organized for more efficient navigation.
this update has completely screwed up things for me. i installed, launched it, it asked for my reg code. i copied/pasted it it says the code is invalid and to retry. also, prior to this it accepted my reg code then i quit out of it then launched it and it asked for my reg code again. i put the code in as i had before and it said the code was invalid.

so, i tried from within logic pro and it does the same thing then when i click off the plug in window onto to logic's gui it hard crashes logic. no other plug ins are open or in the session. just discovery pro.

on monterey 13.3.1 and Macbook Pro Apple Silicon M1 Max

this update has completely screwed up things for me. i installed, launched it, it asked for my reg code. i copied/pasted it it says the code is invalid and to retry.
It's always the same with this guy. Never fixes one thing without breaking another. Every update he messes up something, it's ridiculous. At this point it begins to seem like he goes out of his way to spoil a great user experience. Definitely anti-customer antics and it's not the first time, by far!

dayjob wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:20 pm this update has completely screwed up things for me. i installed, launched it, it asked for my reg code. i copied/pasted it it says the code is invalid and to retry. also, prior to this it accepted my reg code then i quit out of it then launched it and it asked for my reg code again. i put the code in as i had before and it said the code was invalid.

so, i tried from within logic pro and it does the same thing then when i click off the plug in window onto to logic's gui it hard crashes logic. no other plug ins are open or in the session. just discovery pro.
We're sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing with the update. We understand the frustration of having an invalid registration code issue and the subsequent crash you're facing with Logic Pro.

As these issues could be associated with various factors, it's a bit hard to provide an accurate solution through this general instrument thread. In order to help us analyze the situation and provide a suitable solution, it would be better if you could contact us directly via our official support channels.

Please consider sending us an email outlining your problem, including any error messages you've seen and the steps you've taken so far. This will allow our support team to understand your situation more accurately. Alternatively, you could also open a thread on our official forum dedicated for customer support.

These channels are better equipped to handle these specific situations and you'll likely receive a faster and more detailed response. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to resolve this issue for you.
Luka_Kostii wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:29 pm It's always the same with this guy. Never fixes one thing without breaking another. Every update he messes up something, it's ridiculous. At this point it begins to seem like he goes out of his way to spoil a great user experience. Definitely anti-customer antics and it's not the first time, by far!
While we value the freedom of opinion and open dialogue, we kindly ask everyone to maintain a respectful tone towards our developers and support staff. It's important to remember that software development can be complex, and sometimes unintended issues may arise during the update process.

We apologize if the recent update has caused any inconvenience. We assure you that it is never our intention to compromise the user experience. On the contrary, we are fully committed to improving our software and the experience it offers to our customers.

We take all feedback on board and are keen to resolve the issues that have been brought up. If you're experiencing any problems with our software, I'd encourage you to contact us directly or to create a thread on our official support forum, outlining the issues you're facing. We'd be more than happy to help resolve these as soon as possible.

discoDSP wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:55 pm
dayjob wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:20 pm this update has completely screwed up things for me. i installed, launched it, it asked for my reg code. i copied/pasted it it says the code is invalid and to retry. also, prior to this it accepted my reg code then i quit out of it then launched it and it asked for my reg code again. i put the code in as i had before and it said the code was invalid.

We're sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing with the update. We understand the frustration of having an invalid registration code issue and the subsequent crash you're facing with Logic Pro.

As these issues could be associated with various factors, it's a bit hard to provide an accurate solution through this general instrument thread. In order to help us analyze the situation and provide a suitable solution, it would be better if you could contact us directly via our official support channels.

Please consider sending us an email outlining your problem, including any error messages you've seen and the steps you've taken so far. This will allow our support team to understand your situation more accurately. Alternatively, you could also open a thread on our official forum dedicated for customer support.

These channels are better equipped to handle these specific situations and you'll likely receive a faster and more detailed response. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to resolve this issue for you.
i sent an email right away. already heard back. problem still persists even after activations were reset. i've let them know this in the email as well.

Thank you for promptly updating the team via email. Your quick communication helps us move forward efficiently. I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persists even after the activations were reset.

As a next step, we will thoroughly analyze the issue on our end and aim to find a resolution at the earliest. You can expect detailed communication from our side via email from now on.

Your patience and cooperation is much appreciated. We are committed to solving this problem for you.

problem resolved. thanks for the quick solution :)

I'm thrilled to hear that the problem has been resolved! Your satisfaction is our priority and I'm glad we could assist you effectively. If you encounter any other issues in the future, or if there's anything else you need help with, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you. Thanks again for your cooperation and your kind feedback. We appreciate your trust in our products and services.

dayjob wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:58 pm problem resolved. thanks for the quick solution :)
Can I ask what you did to get the problem resolved? Did they provide you with an updated release that has a fix?

seangm wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:23 pm
dayjob wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:58 pm problem resolved. thanks for the quick solution :)
Can I ask what you did to get the problem resolved? Did they provide you with an updated release that has a fix?
for some reason the license file wasn't being saved/created in the config folder which is in the documents folder. so every time i was asked for the ID reg code by the synth it would forget about it on next use. this seems to be something unique to me or hasn't happened previously to anyone else so far.. so they suggested i create an alt account log in for my computer then install on that and see if it deposits the license file where it's supposed to be then copy that license file to something external (thumb drive) and then log back into to my main user account on my mac and drag the license file to where it's supposed to be.

this worked. was only a minor PITA and i have the license file backed up in case something goes awry on the next update but apparently that shouldn't be an issue. i have no idea why this happened as it hasn't been an issue with previous updates. they checked on their mac which has same OS as mine and it worked fine for them and i assume it's working for other users.

After installing the 7.8.2 version there is no sound at all coming from the plugin. I went back to 7.8.0 and the sound is there again.

I am on Windows 11, Cubase 12 and I always install VST2 only.

Return to “Instruments”