⚠ ⚠ Reason 12.6 - No perpetual offline-licence mode anymore! ⚠ ⚠

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Authorizing a computer for long-term off-line use

"In addition, if you have an Annual Reason+ subscription or own a standard (perpetual :? :? :? ) Reason 12 license, you can authorize your computer for long-term offline use. This can be useful if you are travelling or working in a studio without internet access, etc. The long-term authorization allows for staying off-line on the authorized computer for one (1) year. If you are a Reason+ subscriber you are limited by the subscription end date, though. In most situations, authorizing a computer for long-term use is not necessary, though."

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -and-later

That is very important to know and I will not support this. They call it perpetual even if its not perpetual!!
Last edited by LaLivre on Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.

So that means the computer has to connect one time per year to keep running is that it?

That's indeed shit.

Everything is written clearly: You have to re-new it via internet once a year otherwise you can not use the software - even if you bought your "perpetual" (annual would be the correct word) licence. :(

Lol they pulling a Netflix .

How is this even a problem? C'mon.
If I owned my own company, even I'd try to protect my product from piracy. And being online just once in the whole year seems reasonable to me, like how is it even affecting you? Once a year, c'mon!
They're selling a product after all. They need to protect their product as well, while trying to make it as convenient as possible for the customer. And it doesn't get more convenient than being online once in a whole year.
Ableton Live | Numark Party Mix II | Arturia MINILAB 3

Once a year is once a year. What if I decide to live without internet? I am a friend of the right to live autonomous and offline. You can use it, if you want to support this kind of model. It is just an important information because i didn't even realise this licence change as a Reason user.
Last edited by LaLivre on Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

musicproducerdee wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:13 pm How is this even a problem? C'mon.
If I owned my own company, even I'd try to protect my product from piracy. And being online just once in the whole year seems reasonable to me, like how is it even affecting you? Once a year, c'mon!
They're selling a product after all. They need to protect their product as well, while trying to make it as convenient as possible for the customer. And it doesn't get more convenient than being online once in a whole year.
And what happens if they shut down their servers in 6 months?

I only buy dongled Software or key files/serial number.
This is an absolute no go for me.

rasmusklump wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 pm
musicproducerdee wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:13 pm How is this even a problem? C'mon.
And what happens if they shut down their servers in 6 months?

I only buy dongled Software or key files/serial number.
This is an absolute no go for me.
Same here!

cool :)
Ableton Live | Numark Party Mix II | Arturia MINILAB 3

Keep previous version and don’t throw away the key!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Every move like this that the industry makes pushes more and more people over to Linux and open source—one of the last bastions of freedom.

I am so glad that Linux gets better and easier to use, every year that passes. 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

You mean in Linux you don’t need to reactivate Reason even after a year? :?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:21 pm Every move like this that the industry makes pushes more and more people over to Linux and open source—one of the last bastions of freedom.

I am so glad that Linux gets better and easier to use, every year that passes. 🙂
oh no, you'll need another chair for the linux table at the annual meet up :hihi:

Todays online fetish and addiction totally sucks.

LaLivre wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 pm Once a year is once a year. What if I decide to live without internet? I am a friend of the right to live autonomous and offline. You can use it, if you want to support this kind of model. It is just an important information because i didn't even realise this licence change as a Reason user.
If you are here you can't live offline :lol:
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”