⚠ ⚠ Reason 12.6 - No perpetual offline-licence mode anymore! ⚠ ⚠

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

one year is fair enough...but hard to take
but i for sure prefer a license that you can generate out of their website and use it as long as i want for offline auth.
"fair enough" is as far as i can go being friendly. there is no valid REASON i can see by a 20k fathom deep that justifies that weird handicap.

reusenoise wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:16 pm
LaLivre wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 pm Once a year is once a year. What if I decide to live without internet? I am a friend of the right to live autonomous and offline. You can use it, if you want to support this kind of model. It is just an important information because i didn't even realise this licence change as a Reason user.
If you are here you can't live offline :lol:
:lol: :tu:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

:ud: :ud:

Ok maybe .... that was just an example for user's licence rights and "freedom".

as was already said, just stick with the last version that didn't require this.

you can go offline, but you will lose the perks of being online (updates and such...) but you have the freedom to do so :)

Mh Im on Reason 12.6 I guess its too late already. In general: To go online now and then is not a bad thing for me, I like to be in touch with the company and update the product. I like to buy extras now and then, I am not against everything... it's just...so the thing is: I just don't want to support this "only online" rental stuff at all.

Really bad day for me today, I have now make complete new plans with other offline autorisation software. Studio One? Ableton? Bitwig? Or shall I buy a TR-8S and a Synth and start analogue with cubase??

What a shitty day for me who used Reason nearly 20 years.

I wouldn't mind to have the v.12 installer actually. All I've got is the 12.6.
They cleverly removed it 8)

anttimaatteri wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:54 pm one year is fair enough...but hard to take
but i for sure prefer a license that you can generate out of their website and use it as long as i want for offline auth.
"fair enough" is as far as i can go being friendly. there is no valid REASON i can see by a 20k fathom deep that justifies that weird handicap.
Maybe its the first move to push people in some other subscription model...lets wait what happens in 12 months

liquidsound wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:10 pm I wouldn't mind to have the v.12 installer actually. All I've got is the 12.6.
Would 12.2 suffice?

Sad to see another one of the old guard fall.

Always render your project stems to wav files. Never assume you'll be able to open old saved projects in the future, unless you've used open source software.
eh?

BrokenTrance wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:38 pm
liquidsound wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:10 pm I wouldn't mind to have the v.12 installer actually. All I've got is the 12.6.
Would 12.2 suffice?
Absolutely!

liquidsound wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:58 pm
Would 12.2 suffice?
Absolutely!
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/updates

These should work?

LaLivre wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 pm Once a year is once a year. What if I decide to live without internet? I am a friend of the right to live autonomous and offline. You can use it, if you want to support this kind of model. It is just an important information because i didn't even realise this licence change as a Reason user.
So you don't check for updates to your software via the internet? Am I missing something?
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

BrokenTrance wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:00 pm
liquidsound wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:58 pm
Would 12.2 suffice?
Absolutely!
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/updates

These should work?
Thank you! I couldn't find them. :clap: :party:

np

dlandis wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:11 pm
So you don't check for updates to your software via the internet? Am I missing something?
sigh...you really do not understand it, right? But hey, no offense to you... sorry if it sounds arrogant in some way, I really just don't want to explain it again and again.
Last edited by LaLivre on Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”