Valhalla Delay or Arturia Delay Eternity?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Which delay?

Valhalla Delay
84%
Arturia Delay Eternity
16%

Total votes: 141

RELATED
PRODUCTS

UVI Relayer is my favorite. Has a great UI and I am never surprised what I am getting back from what I doing. Can't say the same thing about other delay plugins.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

Valhalla fanbois, unite!

Valhalla here. Only other ones I’d use are replika xt and a space echo clone (ik delay for me after the sale which replaced outer space). Bitwig delays are cool too because of the feedback effects slot. That’s already too many delays so I’ll never get another one. But valhalladelay is definitely top pick of the vsts.

I went to test Eternity because it is part of the FX bundle and is one of the original FX by arturia, I am quite unimpressed. The thing is quite boring TBH, no competition for Valhalla Delay or Replika XT.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:01 am I went to test Eternity because it is part of the FX bundle and is one of the original FX by arturia, I am quite unimpressed. The thing is quite boring TBH, no competition for Valhalla Delay or Replika XT.
Did you forget to bring out the bottom panel, because it sounds like you didn’t actually use it. It terms of functionality, it is definitely on par, if not more feature packed, then either Delay or Reklika XT. I own them all and I like them all for different reasons, but Eternity boring?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Elevated_being wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:08 pm Both are awesome, however I really like the Arturia delays modulation options with envelope followers and lfos.
Yeah, agreed. People keep saying Valhalla Delay has more options, and I think they never really used Eternity.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I dislike using Replika (I haven't installed XT just yet, I just upgraded Komplete) due to the way the knobs work with a mouse. Near the bottom of the range it starts going the other way, it's really hard to control (see also: Lindell 80, which I really like the sound of but dislike the interface.) Valhalla does user interfaces the way I like it, resizable, flat and easy to see. I haven't used the Arturia one.

The way I look at it, I got Supermassive and Delay for 25 bucks each :) These are two of my most-used plugins, and I partly got Delay out of guilt for enjoying Supermassive so much!

I bought a couple Unfiltered Audio delays for $0 with PA vouchers. They’re pretty good.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Stokely wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:28 pm I dislike using Replika (I haven't installed XT just yet, I just upgraded Komplete) due to the way the knobs work with a mouse. Near the bottom of the range it starts going the other way, it's really hard to control
In which DAW? I never had that issue.

I have got a variety of delay plugins (also the arturia ones) but I rarely use something else than the Valhalla delay, it’s the most accessible to me and has almost anything I will ever need.

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:03 am
Elevated_being wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:08 pm Both are awesome, however I really like the Arturia delays modulation options with envelope followers and lfos.
Yeah, agreed. People keep saying Valhalla Delay has more options, and I think they never really used Eternity.
I would say the big difference is that Eternity has a single character, while Replika and Valhalla Delay have several modes which result in very different characters, as in Difussion vs Tape vs Digital. Replika also has more fx to use.

yeah, the modulation options on eternity are nice but it is always the same flavor all the time.
dedication to flying

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:42 pm
Stokely wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:28 pm I dislike using Replika (I haven't installed XT just yet, I just upgraded Komplete) due to the way the knobs work with a mouse. Near the bottom of the range it starts going the other way, it's really hard to control
In Logic. It may have been something with my mouse but iirc when I'd try to turn the knob really close to zero (on delay time I think) it would suddenly switch and start going back the other way. Only happened at the very beginning or end of the range.

Stokely wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:14 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:42 pm
In Logic. It may have been something with my mouse but iirc when I'd try to turn the knob really close to zero (on delay time I think) it would suddenly switch and start going back the other way. Only happened at the very beginning or end of the range.
is that au then? for logic?
ive never noticed it with the windows vst either.

Between these two I'd go with Valhalla. Really for crazy deep delays I prefer mfm or sandman pro but they weren't options. Most VST delays are amazing compared to the old days of digital hardware delays. Having an open architecture so that any plugin can go in a feedback loop really opens up the bag of tricks with damn near every delay.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:01 am Did you forget to bring out the bottom panel, because it sounds like you didn’t actually use it. It terms of functionality, it is definitely on par, if not more feature packed, then either Delay or Reklika XT.
:shock:

Did you forget to try the different Modes in Valhalla Delay? (Because it sounds like you didn't actually use it.) :razz:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”