Make Noise - New Spectraphon Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

still nothing :(

Stefken wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:43 am
I ll be trying with some ambient tones too when i get it but i don t get my hopes up. If it could do good ambient, we would have seen it by now.
ive been recording banks of samples, so i can just go through currently 60 loops :hihi:
some are more than loops too, as in 30/40 mins long things with all kinds happening

im starting to get a little impatient :lol:

im next in line to order the soma terra as well, but ive kinda gone off that a bit. looks cool, but not my thing in the long term i think.

Someone said they heard from Control that they're supposed to get them in today and will immediately begin shipping... :hyper:

OTOH, we're having our driveway resealed Thursday and it'll be blocked off for 24 hours... I can imagine that interfering with delivery since there's no other good way to get to our doorstep :dog:

foosnark wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:35 pm Someone said they heard from Control that they're supposed to get them in today and will immediately begin shipping... :hyper:
:o juno still says "expected release 31st august" :lol: :cry:

foosnark wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:35 pm Someone said they heard from Control that they're supposed to get them in today and will immediately begin shipping... :hyper:

OTOH, we're having our driveway resealed Thursday and it'll be blocked off for 24 hours... I can imagine that interfering with delivery since there's no other good way to get to our doorstep :dog:
I had to ask them to send mine out next week. I’ll be off for my sis’ wedding soon.

And there's the notification :harp: It's USPS so they're less likely to just give up if the driveway is blocked -- the mail carrier often goes over the hill to the side of the house as a shortcut to our neighbor anyway.

foosnark wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:09 pm And there's the notification :harp: It's USPS so they're less likely to just give up if the driveway is blocked -- the mail carrier often goes over the hill to the side of the house as a shortcut to our neighbor anyway.
So close!! when they ship to me, it comes the next day. It’ll be something fun to come back to.

Enjoy and I’m looking forward to your take and spectral analysis if you get to it.

:party: congrats!!

I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

according to people who have made phonecalls...
european stores seem to be expecting them within the next two weeks :o

which means if ours are coming via europe, i may get mine by end of july.
thanks farage :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K73veMXkE8o

I figured the theme of "communication" was going to be about how vocoders were originally a failed attempt at a compression scheme for telephone systems, but the idea of Spectraphon "listening" vs. "speaking" was a decent metaphor.

That first example with the sine input gave me a patch idea to try:
- Patch A's sine output as the input of B in SAM mode.
- Set follow mode, tune to a nice ratio, and turn up A's FM bus index to taste.
- A could be anything (SAO, or SAM with B's sine patched in, or its own saw output... whatever)
- Sweep B's Slide parameter to smoothly move through various harmonic ratios for the FM.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:25 pm thanks farage :x
You should have kicked his ass when you had the chance.

Thomann is showing 1 to 2 weeks waiting period.
But they have been doing that for 2 weeks duh.

foosnark wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:07 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K73veMXkE8o

I figured the theme of "communication" was going to be about how vocoders were originally a failed attempt at a compression scheme for telephone systems, but the idea of Spectraphon "listening" vs. "speaking" was a decent metaphor.

That first example with the sine input gave me a patch idea to try:
- Patch A's sine output as the input of B in SAM mode.
- Set follow mode, tune to a nice ratio, and turn up A's FM bus index to taste.
- A could be anything (SAO, or SAM with B's sine patched in, or its own saw output... whatever)
- Sweep B's Slide parameter to smoothly move through various harmonic ratios for the FM.
No sure if i get it but the fundamental saw and saturated sine are not affected by the fm imo.

Stefken wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:43 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:25 pm thanks farage :x
You should have kicked his ass when you had the chance.

Thomann is showing 1 to 2 weeks waiting period.
But they have been doing that for 2 weeks duh.
pretty sure, when xpo and strega were released (not together) they had similar wait times here compared to the usa. however the reality was but a few days.
the only big hold up for mine now really, is if they get dispatched from usa in to eu, then ours come from there. that could take anything between 12 hours and 12 days depending on the queues.
if ours come direct, should be the same time ish as you.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”