Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

? ? ? wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:11 pm
liquidsound wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:04 pm
? ? ? wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:59 pm You're all idiots. FUCUbase
Dune not use such a language here!
Or else what? You gonna TAL on me?
Me? no, but a tal-MOD will do!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Whatever. I don't have time or energyxt to deal with this bullshit.

Well I never! There’s no Reason to have such Audacity! You should relax and take a Cakewalk in the Rosegarden once in a while. It might help you cool your Temper and not be such a grim Reaper and Live a little more at peace!

i need Help wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:29 pm
Well I never! There’s no Reason to have such Audacity! You should relax and take a Cakewalk in the Rosegarden once in a while. It might help you cool your Temper and not be such a grim Reaper and Live a little more at peace!
:clap: You are a Legend!

Good idea. I'm gonna relax. I think i'll just go have a threesome with a guy and a gal (i'm Bi-dule).

Stillwell my friends! :hug:

liquidsound wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:41 pm
nah, no babyalogic or dub turbo.
get them in and ill buy you a drink! (you have to pay for me to get to your local pub mind)

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:04 pm
liquidsound wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:41 pm
nah, no babyalogic or dub turbo.
get them in and ill buy you a drink! (you have to pay for me to get to your local pub mind)
As long as the drink is a De Beers! :love:

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:27 pm dammit, i missed that one!
well done you too.

im off to make noise.
You make noise in your secret MuLab? I thought you were more of a Performer.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

He he he! De-railments like these in this thread are why I love KVR! 😄
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

syntonica wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:33 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:27 pm dammit, i missed that one!
well done you too.

im off to make noise.
You make noise in your secret MuLab? I thought you were more of a Performer.
Of course he’s in a secret MuLab. He lives near a Reaktor :o

syntonica wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:48 pm my parents just bought on if those automatic Roomba-type sweepers. The iPad software to run it insisted it needed Location Services be turned on for it to operate. I'll let you ponder that one awhile.
And what sinister conspiracy do you actually think they might be plotting against your parents, armed with the knowledge that they have an automatic vacuum cleaner and where they live?

jocknaethick wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:48 pm
syntonica wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:48 pm my parents just bought on if those automatic Roomba-type sweepers. The iPad software to run it insisted it needed Location Services be turned on for it to operate. I'll let you ponder that one awhile.
And what sinister conspiracy do you actually think they might be plotting against your parents, armed with the knowledge that they have an automatic vacuum cleaner and where they live?
Location Services gives a fairly exact location. It's just more personal data collected only for the purposes of reselling to whichever parties are interested.

Basically, it's data unnecessary for the operation of an electric broom. Unless, of course, it's plotting its escape to be a streetsweeper! :hihi:

However, it is indicative of people's complacency in giving away their information and reasonable right to privacy. It really is a slippery slope.

The following is hearsay to me. I have no direct knowledge of it happening, but it is well within the realm of possible. You can now be tracked by your Bluetooth ID on your electronic devices as receivers will record that data when you walk into/out of a store. Cameras are now equipped with OCR that can read info out of your wallet. Haven't even gotten to AiI yet. Slowly, but surely, databases will match up your name, email address, street address, ID numbers, where you frequent, etc.

Here comes the joke: nobody needs to see you papers anymore as they already even know which color of underwear you're wearing that day! :hihi:

I'm going to drop this topic now as it's WAY off topic, but I hope people at least think about all this and whether it's a positive or negative development in their lives.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”