d16 Group LUSH-2 coming in June 2023

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lush 2

Hey

Here is a preview of the upcoming LUSH-2, the successor of the LuSH-101. It will arrive this month

https://synthanatomy.com/2023/06/d16-gr ... ation.html

d16 Group Lush-2 .001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

great!
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

great news
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

multi-core support - nice.
hi, manuel schleis. :wink:

I'm personally hoping the drum machines are a fast follow. They sound and look quite dated IMO. My inexpensive Behringer RD-8 just kills the D16 808 from a sound perspective. A new sound engine and better sequencer would really improve the D16 machines IMO.

I liked the original and it sounded great. Hopefully v2 will have more than one insert effect per layer. It had no way (unless an update added this) to (E.g.) use an LFO to control the pan of a layer. It did work with the Master Pan, just not per-layer. You can a use Tremolo as the one insert effect to get panning, but it's not as flexible as an LFO and you use up the one effect slot.

Another thing I remember is using automation was kind of weird. It had to be set up ahead of time in the plugin, instead of just hitting record in the DAW and then moving the plugin's controls around.

EDIT: From that article, it looks like it will have 3 insert effects per layer which is really cool.
Last edited by Examigan on Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:05 pm multi-core support - nice.
hi, manuel schleis. :wink:
Lush-101 already has multi-core support though, doesn't it? It's been a while since I used it, but I remember it being such a CPU hog that the more layered patches were barely usable without going into the options and turning on multi core.

Arguably the most underrated soft synth ever.

cthonophonic wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:19 pm Lush-101 already has multi-core support though, doesn't it? It's been a while since I used it, but I remember it being such a CPU hog that the more layered patches were barely usable without going into the options and turning on multi core.
I don't remember if it does or not because it doesn't work on Monterrey or Big Sur (it's about time they updated it - omg) but the article says this specifically: "Group also says that the plugin now has multi-core support."

Maykie wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:20 pm Arguably the most underrated soft synth ever.
I like D16, but, this synth is as highly rated as it should be. At least I know a dozen of synths which I would rate higher.

Of course, that is totally irrelevant in regard of the version 2 of the synth, especially as it looks like they actually changed the oscillator and filter algorithms:
According to the developers, the new LUSH-2 features new oscillator and filter algorithms promising better quality and greater detail in the emulation. For example, the oscillators will work without aliasing and even vibrato or pitch bend data will not affect their quality.

Where's ring modulation or FM?

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:39 pm
cthonophonic wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:19 pm Lush-101 already has multi-core support though, doesn't it? It's been a while since I used it, but I remember it being such a CPU hog that the more layered patches were barely usable without going into the options and turning on multi core.
I don't remember if it does or not because it doesn't work on Monterrey or Big Sur (it's about time they updated it - omg) but the article says this specifically: "Group also says that the plugin now has multi-core support."
It has multicore support already.

Psyched. Hope it's better on CPU than the current version

seangm wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:49 pm Psyched. Hope it's better on CPU than the current version
It is. At least on my intel mac book pro, when uing vst3 in lush 2.

I will ask d16 if i can show a screen shot of studio one pro performance meter on pc using a 4 layer factory patch comparing lush 101, lush 2 vst2 and vst 3.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

Maykie wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:20 pm Arguably the most underrated soft synth ever.
I think it's quite underrated too. It appeals to me very much as someone who wants both a modern EDM synth and something with analog character. Beyond that though it's got 8 layers so it's excellent for building large layered patches and the effects are superb. That said I don't feel I've been able to make full use of it all because of it's heavy CPU usage in the past.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Instruments”