Logic Pro on iPad... ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tronam wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:14 am As an iPad DAW I'd say it still trails behind Cubasis 3 in various ways
In what ways?

Seems well ahead of Cubasis in other ways...

Tronam wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:14 am It makes me wonder if those earlier rumors about a 2024-2025 timeframe for these releases were true
That was quickly exposed as a "canary trap," a trick to catch an employee who was leaking secrets. The leaker was fired and the associated accounts were deleted.
I hate signatures too.

Tronam wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:14 am It's a little baffling though that both Sampler and Alchemy, though desktop compatible, have cut down interfaces.
Yeah it sucks, ruins most of my excitement about the iPad version really. Alchemy in iPad Logic sounded like a great idea. Hopefully you're right and it comes in a future update.

revvy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:11 pm Is this gonna be the third Logic thread where that poster compares Logic to Disney+…?

Agree with the comments about the sub model likely spreading to the Mac version and I’m not happy about subscribing to a DAW.

Not really down with touch on computers either, makes your arms ache to lean across to touch a large, slightly distant monitor.
I switched from Logic 9 to Cubase Pro over 10 years ago. At the time, Apple hadn't released a Logic update in nearly 3 years and the only "Pro" Macs were the overpriced iMac Pro and the Mac Pro trashcan neither of which appealed to me.

So I built a couple of PCs and started using Cubase. I think I actually prefer Cubase to Logic these days. That said, there is so much bloat in Cubase and so many legacy features that need to be completely rewritten that I'm tempted to jump ship to Studio One Pro v6. That's a truly modern DAW geared to musicians who can actually play an instrument (unlike Ableton and Bitwig which are designed for laptop "producers" who know next to nothing about music, neither its history or theoretical foundations).

Anyway, I refuse to use a music production subscription service. If Apple goes down that path, they will never entice me to use Logic again.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

Ex Machina wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:49 pm That's a truly modern DAW geared to musicians who can actually play an instrument (unlike Ableton and Bitwig which are designed for laptop "producers" who know next to nothing about music, neither its history or theoretical foundations).
omg :lol: :lol:

Ex Machina wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:49 pm
revvy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:11 pm Is this gonna be the third Logic thread where that poster compares Logic to Disney+…?

Agree with the comments about the sub model likely spreading to the Mac version and I’m not happy about subscribing to a DAW.

Not really down with touch on computers either, makes your arms ache to lean across to touch a large, slightly distant monitor.
I switched from Logic 9 to Cubase Pro over 10 years ago. At the time, Apple hadn't released a Logic update in nearly 3 years and the only "Pro" Macs were the overpriced iMac Pro and the Mac Pro trashcan neither of which appealed to me.

So I built a couple of PCs and started using Cubase. I think I actually prefer Cubase to Logic these days. That said, there is so much bloat in Cubase and so many legacy features that need to be completely rewritten that I'm tempted to jump ship to Studio One Pro v6. That's a truly modern DAW geared to musicians who can actually play an instrument (unlike Ableton and Bitwig which are designed for laptop "producers" who know next to nothing about music, neither its history or theoretical foundations).

Anyway, I refuse to use a music production subscription service. If Apple goes down that path, they will never entice me to use Logic again.
I’ve just turned notifications for quotes back off again.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Jolaff wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:16 am
Ex Machina wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:49 pm That's a truly modern DAW geared to musicians who can actually play an instrument (unlike Ableton and Bitwig which are designed for laptop "producers" who know next to nothing about music, neither its history or theoretical foundations).
omg
WTF? :D
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

revvy wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:51 am I’ve just turned notifications for quotes back off again.
Thanks for letting us know, I guess. :tu:

I'm just curious if there is still people that use Logic Pro for iPad or everybody quickly realized the workflow wasn't good enough ...?

apple re inventing another platform for your money is simply greed, Steve Jobs wanted iPad and iPhone prices to be under $100, as they where depending the greedy banks where harassing him with threats to take Apple over again, Tim Crook now runs Apple and moonlights a personal lifestyle agenda in the background (was the guy who spoke some Chinese and felt with Asian parts and Factories) now went woke crazy grinding poor kids to the ground in sweat shop factories with suicide nets..

My point is te iPad was supposed to eventually replace the MacBooks, you already attach a key board so what your seen is anything but what Jobs envisioned and was doing while alive, we should of had iPads with backlit detachable keyboards, free wireless headphones, free power supplies, usb and ethernet cables as we had when Jobs ran apple.., I wont bother with logic on the iPad unless it all I use, im on logic on my m1 Mac, yet another platform code re invented to get us to buy newer machines again and again...is there really a speed change or have we been duped.

I checked out logic on iPad, its worth trying for free so you see how useless it is..if you own a studio..
If it could run like it does on MacBooks we wont need padOS or iOS would we.

Britishboxer wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:58 pm apple re inventing another platform for your money is simply greed, Steve Jobs wanted iPad and iPhone prices to be under $100, as they where depending the greedy banks where harassing him with threats to take Apple over again, Tim Crook now runs Apple and moonlights a personal lifestyle agenda in the background (was the guy who spoke some Chinese and felt with Asian parts and Factories) now went woke crazy grinding poor kids to the ground in sweat shop factories with suicide nets..

My point is te iPad was supposed to eventually replace the MacBooks, you already attach a key board so what your seen is anything but what Jobs envisioned and was doing while alive, we should of had iPads with backlit detachable keyboards, free wireless headphones, free power supplies, usb and ethernet cables as we had when Jobs ran apple.., I wont bother with logic on the iPad unless it all I use, im on logic on my m1 Mac, yet another platform code re invented to get us to buy newer machines again and again...is there really a speed change or have we been duped.

I checked out logic on iPad, its worth trying for free so you see how useless it is..if you own a studio..
If it could run like it does on MacBooks we wont need padOS or iOS would we.
Jobs never intended the iPad to replace the Mac. He specifically positioned it as its own product category that sits between the iPhone and Mac.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timbajarin ... chievable/

thats what apple is pretending now, but the idea was to move from Mac and MacBooks to iPads and even watches only leaving users with screens both private and in public to use (if not glasses)..I met Steve in 1994 and he had already ideas of using a computer at a cafe only connecting with a watch., including ideas for transparent hardware before this was possible., everyone in Silicon Valley knows Apple has again been taken over by the same bankers who Steve struggled to take Apple back from in the 90s..

My point is that the new iPads pros are as fast as Macs and MacBooks, but they are not telling you so.

Britishboxer wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:26 pm https://www.forbes.com/sites/timbajarin ... chievable/

thats what apple is pretending now, but the idea was to move from Mac and MacBooks to iPads and even watches only leaving users with screens both private and in public to use (if not glasses)..I met Steve in 1994 and he had already ideas of using a computer at a cafe only connecting with a watch., including ideas for transparent hardware before this was possible., everyone in Silicon Valley knows Apple has again been taken over by the same bankers who Steve struggled to take Apple back from in the 90s..

My point is that the new iPads pros are as fast as Macs and MacBooks, but they are not telling you so.
I mean unless you aren't paying attention, Apple doesn't hide that the M based chips get passed down from their Macs to their more consumer focused devices. That's how they amortize the cost of developing and manufacturing their own chips. You think Macs alone sell enough to justify the cost them developing their own silicon? The answer is no. In-fact it's the iPhone, iPad etc that's paying for the desktop/laptop chips. So its stands to reason that's always going to be Apple's priority.

The best Apple can do is to spread the cost of their devices across all of their consumer and pro lines for now, by reusing components and passing them up and down the line. Look at the new headset, it's going to be expensive and it's already rumored to have some manufacturing supply issues (namely the screens), but it too is using the M based chips.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:00 am
Britishboxer wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:26 pm https://www.forbes.com/sites/timbajarin ... chievable/

I mean unless you aren't paying attention, Apple doesn't hide that the M based chips get passed down from their Macs to their more consumer focused devices. That's how they amortize the cost of developing and manufacturing their own chips. You think Macs alone sell enough to justify the cost them developing their own silicon? The answer is no. In-fact it's the iPhone, iPad etc that's paying for the desktop/laptop chips. So its stands to reason that's always going to be Apple's priority.

The best Apple can do is to spread the cost of their devices across all of their consumer and pro lines for now, by reusing components and passing them up and down the line. Look at the new headset, it's going to be expensive and it's already rumored to have some manufacturing supply issues (namely the screens), but it too is using the M based chips.
But, iPhone processors was pretty powerful before M series. Weren't they ARM processors?

Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:10 am
apoclypse wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:00 am

But, iPhone processors was pretty powerful before M series. Weren't they ARM processors?
exactly my point, Apple is controlling the market to stay in control as long as possible or at least before a revolution takes place and Congress enforces laws upon them with China.

As for Logic Pro on iPad its something highly UN RECOMMENDED, because anything you own on the Mac should actually be free on the iPad, again Steve Jobs had this idea contrary to Tim Crook's monopoly with the bankers who paid for his space ship.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”