⚠ ⚠ Reason 12.6 - No perpetual offline-licence mode anymore! ⚠ ⚠

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

syntonica wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:13 pm
Jac459 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:00 pm ...a bunch of unhinged, paranoid gibberish...
I guess logic and understanding are not your strong points. Bless your heart! And have a lovely day!
... saying the guy talking about camera doing OCR on your wallet and all.

I really like you, you are funny, that's a shame this discussion is off topic.

Anyway, let's not diva again on the same topic and reproduce the same discussion. hive a good day too my funny friend.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:04 pm
Jac459 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:00 pm ...a bunch of unhinged, paranoid gibberish...
I guess logic and understanding are not your strong points. Bless your heart! And have a lovely day!

Anyway, let's not diva again on the same topic and reproduce the same discussion. hive a good day too my funny friend.
Are you telling him to BOZ off? :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

i have no reason to install Reason anymore and i haven't done ALive jam with ableton in over a year.
syntonica wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:45 pm Location Services gives a fairly exact location. It's just more personal data collected only for the purposes of reselling to whichever parties are interested.

Basically, it's data unnecessary for the operation of an electric broom. Unless, of course, it's plotting its escape to be a streetsweeper! :hihi:

However, it is indicative of people's complacency in giving away their information and reasonable right to privacy. It really is a slippery slope...

...it's WAY off topic, but I hope people at least think about all this and whether it's a positive or negative development in their lives.
the amount of data people are willing or unknowingly giving away is stunning. there are corporations that collate huge amounts of data and build advertising profiles from it.
a great read for starters:

https://www.theregister.com/
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

liquidsound wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:18 am

Respectfully :D

Jac459 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:27 am
liquidsound wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:18 am

Respectfully :D
uuuuuu-heeeee! :wheee: :D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

It's kind of funny that majority here hates logging in once a year to Reasonstudios and at the same time they do login to these forums multiple times a day... WTF?!

Its just a matter of risks. I don‘t have trust in any of the companies that are in that deal and steal economy. But I do take risks like software stops working eventually in the future because of DRM failures of any kind.
I could restrict myself to open source or strict serial/license file protections, but that would cut off some fun and some inspiration. I consider paying money for software more as support for the developer than as a price for a product.
Its not a question of ethics, or something I want to force on to developers. Its their decision, and its mine to take that risk or not… Still, subscriptions models which make your tool stop working after you stop paying is an absolute no-go area…

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:58 am It's kind of funny that majority here hates logging in once a year to Reasonstudios and at the same time they do login to these forums multiple times a day... WTF?!
I never have to re-log-in, unless my browser messes up and I have to clear cache and cookies...
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Companies shouldn't be allowed to change the EULAs unilaterally and without consent, doing should be cause for refund. Software need to be regulated hard, the practices are becoming too anticonsumer.
dedication to flying

The same that allow the customer only one offline computer authorization and now this? Boycott this god forsaken company.
LaLivre wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 pm Once a year is once a year. What if I decide to live without internet? I am a friend of the right to live autonomous and offline. You can use it, if you want to support this kind of model. It is just an important information because i didn't even realise this licence change as a Reason user.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:58 am It's kind of funny that majority here hates logging in once a year to Reasonstudios and at the same time they do login to these forums multiple times a day... WTF?!
I’ve never had a forum go under and render my songs with it useless because I was not in a position to save eternal copies. I’ve had that happen with plug ins, so personally permanent licenses are preferred, it’s not that difficult of a concept to understand.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:41 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:58 am It's kind of funny that majority here hates logging in once a year to Reasonstudios and at the same time they do login to these forums multiple times a day.
I’ve never had a forum go under and render my songs with it useless because I was not in a position to save eternal copies. I’ve had that happen with plug ins, so personally permanent licenses are preferred, it’s not that difficult of a concept to understand.
No, it's not difficult to understand, but your personal justification for your position seems different than the reasons of some posting here, which include trying to preserve the plausibility of a possible eventual decision to forgo the internet entirely and some concept of a breach of rights. Your position is rooted largely in the very understandable desire to maintain your creations the way you originally executed them. I would suggest that Atlatnesiti is addressing the comments of some of the other posters and probably not your concerns, per se.

I ask with all due honesty, however: is this a Mac experience (and I am not trying to open a Mac vs. PC argument, I'm just wondering)? I'm on a Windows machine and I can't remember having to retool any of my compositions due to a change of licensing, a company going under, falling into an OS-change chasm, or any issue similar to this. Which company (or companies) hung you up? Did you entirely forgo their products at that point, gradually wean yourself away from their offerings, or take another route entirely? I would find a short account of your experience(s) and the manner in which you resolved it (them) to be helpful, if you would be so kind.
Last edited by dlandis on Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

rod_zero wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:55 pm Companies shouldn't be allowed to change the EULAs unilaterally and without consent, doing should be cause for refund. Software need to be regulated hard, the practices are becoming too anticonsumer.
"Becoming???" Companies have always been concerned about one thing--their own bottom line. One would think employees would be a priority, but nope. The bottom line is it. Companies have always been anticonsumer.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

rod_zero wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:55 pm Companies shouldn't be allowed to change the EULAs unilaterally and without consent, doing should be cause for refund. Software need to be regulated hard, the practices are becoming too anticonsumer.
You are so right (I'm not so sure about the "refund" idea or that there is a trend toward becoming "anticonsumer" (sic), but your point is well-taken: companies should always follow their contracts to the letter.)

Where specifically in Reason's EULA do you detect the breach that is produced by requiring the user to check in once a year to maintain one's perpetual license? Is it perhaps another company to which you are referring?
Last edited by dlandis on Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

dlandis wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:11 pm
machinesworking wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:41 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:58 am It's kind of funny that majority here hates logging in once a year to Reasonstudios and at the same time they do login to these forums multiple times a day.
No, it's not difficult to understand, but your personal justification for your position seems different than the reasons of some posting here, which include trying to preserve the plausibility of a possible eventual decision to forgo the internet entirely and some concept of a breach of rights. Your position is rooted largely in the very understandable desire to maintain your creations the way you originally executed them. I would suggest that Atlatnesiti is addressing the comments of some of the other posters and probably not your concerns, per se.

I ask with all due honesty, however: is this a Mac experience (and I am not trying to open a Mac vs. PC argument, I'm just wondering)? I'm on a Windows machine and I can't remember having to retool any of my compositions due to a change of licensing, a company going under, falling into an OS-change chasm, or any issue similar to this. Which company (or companies) hung you up? Did you entirely forgo their products at that point, gradually wean yourself away from their offerings, or take another route entirely? I would find a short account of your experience(s) and the manner in which you resolved it (them) to be helpful, if you be so kind.
I'm not the person you originally addressed this to, but I noticed that you joined KVR back in 2006. Have you actively participated here all of these years? One who has would automatically know the 20 years of back history and various companies that have screwed people over. It's happened time and time again. Go back and do some KVR forum searches.

EDIT: And as for me personally, I've solved most of the problems by moving to Linux.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”