Scaler

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, does anyone know the Scaler plugin?

https://www.scalerplugin.com/

I use it every time I want to discover what scale or mode one of my songs is.
I think it is fenomenal.
If you want to know more, please ask and I will try my best to answer your questions.

Lastshaman

yes it is a great plugin!

yes, love it

Do you use scaler just to find scales/modes or do you also use the chord progression builder and playing styles? Do you find those features valuable?

Bit of a 'crutch' plugin, why disassemble when you can create brand new I use ChordPulse for creative composing in fleshing out progressions & mixing with all kinda rhythm very kool for those who have an inkling where they wanna go in a tune...

http://www.chordpulse.com/

I like that too

Yes I use it, its a great tool

Yeah I use it, but probably only about 5% of what it’s capable of. It’s a great tool for getting myself unstuck when I’m struggling to find the next chord

its a great way to come up with unique chord progression and voicing ideas. it'll also teach you some things about theory if you aren't familiar

So much praise from people with so few posts

Farnaby wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:16 pm So much praise from people with so few posts
A bit strange indeed.

Above all, there are - as I recall - an almost infinite number of free plugins
that do exactly that. You just have to search for a bit.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I haven't found a free one that does exactly what scaler does even though I have seen some excellent free plugins that have some similar features. Ripchord is great at what it does, but has only a subset of scaler's features. If Scaler was an expensive plugin, it might be worth having the free option debate, but scaler is cheap and always on sale. They have also given a generous amount of free updates. In my humble opinion, it is the best overall package of plugins of this type.

Scaler is awesome for people still learning music theories. It’s well worth $50.

Return to “Music Theory”