NKS User Library reorganisation

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Many years ago I setup a repository for ‘unofficial’ NKS related content for users to share NKS templates, patches and resources that work within the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine ecosystem. This is the NKS User Library (which is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that NI didn’t create one themselves). Reorganisation was needed because over the years it had become very cluttered and hard to navigate, and also I wanted a clearer demarkation between older VST2 templates, most of which don't work anymore on M series Macs, and up-to-date VST3 plugin NKS. So the Folder structure is basically:

Current NKS User Library folder is for current NKS that are tested with Komplete Kontrol and Maschine post versions 2.80 (KK) and 2.16 (Maschine) - this is where NI switched primarily to VST3 support, and on Mac Apple Silicon support. The NKS in these folders are either VST3 only (which will be stated) or will work with plugins that support 'migration' (that is where NKS made with the VST2 also load in the VST3). A few include NKS for both formats. NKS templates and patches in this folder are sorted by developer/company.

Legacy NKS User Library folder contains older NKS, all made with VST2 versions, and we can't guarantee that all will work in the newer KK/Maschine and on Apple Silicon but they are likely to work fine on Windows at least and maybe older Macs. It's a bit of a 'pot luck' as many of these files go back many years

Then there is a shared folder for some of the contributors to this library to directly upload new content which I will also copy into Developer folders and a Misc folder for things like NKS previews, graphics etc

The link, as always, is also in my Sig. This reorganisation will probably, unfortunately, mean many of the previously posted links are broken, but the new structure makes the library much easier to browse and anyway much easier than using search in the NI Forum to locate stuff, which doesn't work very well.

Thanks to all contributors including Sunborn, Christos Adamos, Vagus, Mercury, Diam and others (on the older forum) - I have setup a contributors text file listing them and had their permission to move things around. Also added basic information on how to install and create NKS patches and templates

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:02 am Many years ago I setup a repository for ‘unofficial’ NKS related content for users to share NKS templates, patches and resources that work within the Komplete Kontrol and Maschine ecosystem...
As this is pretty uncommented, let me say thanks for the effort and this amazing collection. Downloaded just the NKS patches for the synths I have...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”