d16 Group LUSH-2 coming in June 2023

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lush 2

sacer wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:25 pm
dlandis wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:09 pm
sacer wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:13 pm nice news, the update i have most missed- Lush 101 was one of my favorite synths but haven't used it since years in new projects. Hope they make the midi mapping a bit easier and include the overwhelming presets from V1.
Next updates i am missing are Diva2, Zebra 3, Arp2600 V4 and Matrix V3. I know that Diva2 hasn't been started yet, but this my second favorite update after Lush 101, because lush needs more an update than Diva. There was a really nice roadmap for lush in 2014, which gets removed and no update folllowed since 2015 - so I can't wait to update this lovely Synth. If it makes an similar progress than phosyvon, than it will be the new all in one 101-workstation
Almost exactly my thoughts as well. In addition to the four other Vst's you noted for being prime for an update, I'd add one more (and it's one that I've heard almost no one talk about recently): GForce ImpOSCar2.
I think imposcar3 is already in the making, I hope it will get more love than the minonster and oddity updates. But the GUI itself would be mandatory with a better browser.
It’s to small and no fun to use right now. Imposcar2 was before Diva one of the best sounding analog emu. Hope they can tune up the engine for better sounding, something I really missed for minimonsta and oddity. Back in the day they where best in class, but right now, nothing special if you compare the moog to UAD and softube.
That is great news! And FWIW, I like the Minimonstra update and love the Oddity update. I use the Oddity 3 all the time. I was unaware that it was considered lacking. While it was many years ago, I had not an Oddysey, but an Arp Axxe. From what I remember, the Oddity does catch the essential Arp sound quality.

And I'm so happy for all these "smaller" synth emus (like the SH-101 and OSCar). It really rounds out the stable, so to speak. The impOscar's GUI really does need a rework and if they could polish the sound a little bit, it'd be icing on the cake.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

sacer wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:13 pm nice news, the update i have most missed- Lush 101 was one of my favorite synths but haven't used it since years in new projects. Hope they make the midi mapping a bit easier and include the overwhelming presets from V1.
Next updates i am missing are Diva2, Zebra 3, Arp2600 V4 and Matrix V3. I know that Diva2 hasn't been started yet, but this my second favorite update after Lush 101, because lush needs more an update than Diva. There was a really nice roadmap for lush in 2014, which gets removed and no update folllowed since 2015 - so I can't wait to update this lovely Synth. If it makes an similar progress than phosyvon, than it will be the new all in one 101-workstation
Almost exactly my thoughts as well. In addition to the four other Vst's you noted for being prime for an update, I'd add one more (and it's one that I've heard almost no one talk about recently): GForce ImpOSCar2.
I think imposcar3 is already in the making, I hope it will get more love than the minonster and oddity updates. But the GUI itself would be mandatory with a better browser.
It’s to small and no fun to use right now. Imposcar2 was before Diva one of the best sounding analog emu. Hope they can tune up the engine for better sounding, something I really missed for minimonsta and oddity. Back in the day they where best in class, but right now, nothing special if you compare the moog to UAD and softube.
Imposcar 2 GUI too small? Use the big version, it's quite large.

Speaking of GUI, I see Lush-2 still has a keyboard that takes up nearly half the UI space. Is that necessary? Wonder if it can be hidden.

Yep...
mine is hidden as my default.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Daru925 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:39 am
dlandis wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:15 pm
Aiynzahev wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:03 pm
Maykie wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:20 pm Arguably the most underrated soft synth ever.
I think it's quite underrated too. It appeals to me very much as someone who wants both a modern EDM synth and something with analog character. Beyond that though it's got 8 layers so it's excellent for building large layered patches and the effects are superb. That said I don't feel I've been able to make full use of it all because of it's heavy CPU usage in the past.
It really has been underrated. The versatility is pretty much unparalleled as well.

I wonder what the upgrade price will be? It's been around so long that I'm not sure that D16 wouldn't be justified just charging full price out of the gate to everyone.
Iirc i got Phoscyon 2 upgrade for 29€.
Whoa. That price is more than fair.

Very cool!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:27 pm
Imposcar 2 GUI too small? Use the big version, it's quite large.

Speaking of GUI, I see Lush-2 still has a keyboard that takes up nearly half the UI space. Is that necessary? Wonder if it can be hidden.
I am using the large GUI setting. On a 32" monitor, it's still a bit small (at least for me; I kind of like the GUI to be able to be set to reach out from the monitor and grab me by the throat.)

I'm sure that GForce will fix this in version 3.
Last edited by dlandis on Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete
Last edited by dlandis on Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete

Can't wait ... :hyper: The GUI looks much improved.

How did I missed this! :o :dog:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

She looks beautiful! :o 8) :party:
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:53 pm Can't wait ... :hyper: The GUI looks much improved.

Are white and red the only colour options? Both are a bit much on the eyes IMO.

zvenx wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:47 pm Yep...

rsp
That is so awesome! I have literally all D16 products. I think Lush is on pair with Diva when it comes to "authenticity" and sound. Now ask them and share some Drumazon 2 screenshots so I can stop burning myself haha

Hi,

Lush 2 is going to be available in light gray, dark gray, blue and red theme variants.

Cheers,
Seb
Sebastian / D16 Group Audio Software

kmonkey wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:02 am
zvenx wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:47 pm Yep...

rsp
That is so awesome! I have literally all D16 products. I think Lush is on pair with Diva when it comes to "authenticity" and sound. Now ask them and share some Drumazon 2 screenshots so I can stop burning myself haha
The only person who can share this just posted below you :)
rsp
sound sculptist

m00gie wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:22 am Hi,

Lush 2 is going to be available in light gray, dark gray, blue and red theme variants.

Cheers,
Seb
Nice!

Can I be cheeky and ask if you're able to share anything about any potential version 2s of your drum machines?

Return to “Instruments”