Softube Model 80 Five Voice Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

electro wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:42 am Softsynth emulations with onboard FX guarantee 3rd party patches will suck....drowned in lazy FX and unrelated to the patch types the hardware is suited for. Classic hardware synths specialize in different patch types. An Oberheim SEM does different patches than a Minimoog which is why they complement each other. Its also good when an emulation like UAD Minimoog for example isn't polyphonic.
vitocorleone123 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:31 am
Effects built into a synth from reputable makers aren’t just bolted on. They’re often tuned to the synth, which your “higher quality” effects lack. Sometimes the built in sound better than much fancier/more expensive ones because of this, plus, as in the case of the saturation/distortion in Repro, some things can be per-voices, which, again, effects added after the synth cannot achieve. Finally, you’re also paying for features and then deciding to ignore them, which anyone can do with any feature… but seems kinda silly to do categorically.
Why do you need to rely on 3rd party presets? Personally, I learn the synth. Including the effects. Also, “drowned in effects” can also be a good thing at times - because that’s what the synth was also designed to be capable of sounding like, or the effects wouldn’t have been included. It’s all part of the toolbox. People will buy 39 compressors but complain all day that their synth came with a delay built in….

When was the last time you heard a completely dry synth in a recording_?
dedication to flying

New preset library by Product Records.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sgwq1zqr68

hebex wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:24 pm New preset library by Product Records.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sgwq1zqr68
Entire demo video presents slightly less than half of all the presets you receive in the pack.

Demo Track Portion FX - Light Eq, Reverb, Delay, Stereo Imager
Playthrough Portion FX - Some Reverb and Delay Only
:lol: :lol: :lol: so it doesn't need effects?
dedication to flying

In case folks aren't aware, Plugmon ported over some of his favorite Model 80 presets to RePro-5 and posted them here:

https://plugmon.jp/model23/

...with full credit to the original authors.

Gyu wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:31 am
https://youtu.be/701VBQo1WUE
I swear, my 16-voice Sequential REV2 hardware module sounds way better than this Softube emulation. At least u-he's Repro-5 includes super characterful FX that really enhance the sound. Softube's Model 80 is bone dry and boring.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

If you don't have it already, this is imho a fantastic offer:
Are you an '80s fan? A '70s lover? A '90s clubber? Whichever decade you dig, we've got synths to suit you. Mix and match our popular Model series today and get Model 72 Synthesizer System, Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer, and Model 80 Five Voice Synthesizer for $59 each – and Model 82 Sequencing Mono Synth for just $39.

Use promo code CODDLEAMODEL to get up to
62% OFF
rsp
sound sculptist

Starts today and expires in two days (28th July).

rsp
sound sculptist

It’s on sale now

audiouser720 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:30 am It’s on sale now
Model 80 is 79$. I'd get it for 59$. Well, next time.

soulata wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:55 am
It is still very unoptimized on pc when using 1 instance and takes a while to load.
1. Instance = Crap add a second instance and the second instance works better for some strange reason.

Not sure how it is on Mac since i don't own one.

I see they have got a new update so it might be fixed now (Will install and check now).
- Nope. Still around 17 seconds on first instance and instantly when adding more :(

D-Fusion wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:32 pm
It is still very unoptimized on pc when using 1 instance and takes a while to load.
1. Instance = Crap add a second instance and the second instance works better for some strange reason.

I see they have got a new update so it might be fixed now (Will install and check now).
- Nope. Still around 17 seconds on first instance and instantly when adding more :(
Maybe you are using a multicore setting on your DAW.

D-Fusion wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:32 pm

That doesn't happen (the 17 seconds) on either my mac or pc running cubendo.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”