Actual useful Cubase resources?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been jamming with Cubase as my DAW for several years now, and for a program that's been around for so long there's a a surprising lack of actually *good* resources online. By good I mean somewhat-quick to the point concise hints/tips/tricks/examples of various aspects and tools within and about Cubase that cater to people who generally know what they're doing or how to get around (aren't novices) and don't need the 'value added fluff' you'll see in 300 page books or some 'online course' etc.

I'd think the majority of Cubase users would fall into this category, and maybe I'm missing something but I think it's under-served. I personally have toyed with various iterations of Cubase for decades, and I'm sure many of you have as well -- not everyone has gone 'full in', however I have and I'm consistently trying to squeeze every bit of knowledge I can find when I'm not making music.

I'm not looking for things like forums for posting questions, there's plenty of those its easy to find an answer to a question you already know you need answered. I'm looking for resources that has answers for questions you never knew you were missing out on.

An example would be Dom Sigalas you-tube channel. I'm not a huge video/youtube guy, I prefer reading with photos/illustrations that get to the point. However, he's been one of the best resources out there for Cubase for me when it comes to things I'm not aware of in the DAW, or ways to use the more hidden features within. His videos can be extremely helpful to most anyone who uses Cubase regardless of their expertise, and in meaningful impactful ways. Real-world, to the point, immediately useful for your workflow and often generating new ideas.

Is there any other Cubase resources you'd recommend that would fit into this category?
Have you tried Vital?

You should Google Greg Ondo's Cubase videos. He gets into the bread and butter tip, tricks and details that Sigalas misses or just passes over. Greg's videos may be more what you are looking for.
On a number of Macs

Psuper wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:24 pmI'm looking for resources that has answers for questions you never knew you were missing out on.
I know what I suggest is not what you're asking for b/c no exclusive Cubase DAW resource. So for sure feel free to skip. But 'Computer Music' monthly magazines' tips and tricks give me exactly what you describe (quote above). I learn hundreds of things that never came to my mind before. Extends my knowledge and creative horizon by a large factor. :wink:

Both good suggestions, I appreciate it.

I've seen some of Greg in official Cubase videos, only other stuff I've seen is from a long time ago (club cubase stuff, interviews, etc). Any newer relevant stuff from him out there?

I'll consider the magazine, its been so long since I've had a sub to a magazine -- think the last one was Keyboard magazine in the 80s. Might be fun to get one going again as long as it's not overflowing with ads which sadly most are these days.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:43 pm ...
I've seen some of Greg in official Cubase videos, only other stuff I've seen is from a long time ago (club cubase stuff, interviews, etc). Any newer relevant stuff from him out there?
He does it nearly every 3 days:
https://www.youtube.com/@Cubase/streams

Sound on Sound magazine publish excellent Cubase tips that are available to read for subscribers as PDF. They are well worth checking out.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Etienne1973 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:27 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:24 pmI'm looking for resources that has answers for questions you never knew you were missing out on.
I know what I suggest is not what you're asking for b/c no exclusive Cubase DAW resource. So for sure feel free to skip. But 'Computer Music' monthly magazines' tips and tricks give me exactly what you describe (quote above). I learn hundreds of things that never came to my mind before. Extends my knowledge and creative horizon by a large factor. :wink:
That's a really good suggestions, as those tips und tricks very often show useful real life scenarios. Of course, you need the respective issues where the stuff you're looking for is covered.

I don't really like to watch tutorial videos. The one thing you want to do might be buried in a 20 minutes video, or it is only covered in half, or not at all. I much prefer text.

More BPM please

Another great channel is:
https://www.youtube.com/@musictechtuition

To the point tutorials.

Great stuff appreciate the extra infos, will check them all out.

Greg's live streams will be something to do while I'm on the elliptical -- they're looong!
Have you tried Vital?

This is the SoS resource, it's excellent!

https://www.soundonsound.com/daws/cubas ... ion%3A6971
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”