Help choosing an audio interface upgrade around $200

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I currently have the Audient ID4 interface, and I'm looking to get another pair of monitors. I'm looking to get a new audio interface with the following specifications:
  • 4 speaker outputs
    2 headphone outputs
    Loopback Functionality
    Ability to switch between the speakers from the interface or from a software
For input, I plan to use it mostly for vocals, but also guitar once in a while.

I'm going to purchase from Thomann and I've narrowed my options down to the Arturia MiniFuse 4 and the Audient iD14 MKII. They are both under $200. Which would you advise I go for and why?

I've actually considered monitor controllers. I was going to get the Swisssonic or the Big Knob but I'd also like to have loopback functionality. I also did a little research and checked some reviews and I found out that cheap ones can die out quickly or get bad easily, and might only be good for 1-2 years. I don't have the budget for a high quality one.

I'll also appreciate any other suggestions that fit my requirements.

Thank you!

osirusmusic wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:56 pm I'm going to purchase from Thomann and I've narrowed my options down to the Arturia MiniFuse 4 and the Audient iD14 MKII. They are both under $200. Which would you advise I go for and why?
Between the two, I would choose the Arturia MiniFuse 4, because it support sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz, and the headphone outputs are both 1/4".

I can't tell from the specifications if the headphones outputs on those interfaces have their own channels/busses (so that you can route audio to the headphones that's different from what you send to the speakers).
Probably not.

T-CM11 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:42 pm I can't tell from the specifications if the headphones outputs on those interfaces have their own channels/busses (so that you can route audio to the headphones that's different from what you send to the speakers).
Probably not.
On the Minifuse 4, the headphone outputs mirror the output pairs on the rear - Headphone 1 outputs the same signal as Outputs 1 & 2, while Headphone 2 outputs the same signal as Outputs 3 & 4. I think the headphone outputs on the Audient mirrors output 1&2. But I'm not sure if they can be changed.

I recommend the iD14 mk2, however it has 2 hp outs but a single volume control for both

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”