PARTICLE ACCELERATOR - Use Particles With YOUR OWN Instruments. $25 Intro Price (Through June 30th).

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks, I've just released a new particle engine. It generates midi notes, which you use with your own instruments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7gNW92wt9A

Simply hold down keys, and Particle Accelerator will generate midi notes randomly within the time / pitch / velocity ranges you set. These notes can then be routed into any instrument in Kontakt (and most DAWs can send to non-Kontakt instruments as well).

The perfect tool for "controlled chaos", and inspiring different ways to play your instruments.

Available as a Kontakt Multiscript version that runs in any DAW hosting Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher. (Not a VST/AU plugin.)

$25 Intro Price (through June 30th), $35 regular price.
https://grumpymonkeyplugins.com/product ... ccelerator
---

But can a Kontakt Multiscript be used outside of Kontakt?
Yes, it can for most DAWs. (Logic cannot, sadly.)
https://youtu.be/CjvtCjdI1_k
ROLL CONTROL PLUGIN | Turn Any Perc Into Rolls.
PARTICLE ACCELERATOR | Use Particles With Your Own Instruments.
SCALE SWEEP | The easier way to perform glissandos and scale runs.

So, this is basically something very similar to Audiomodern´s Riffer if not even the exact same thing.
Why you made a Kontakt multiscript and not a regular VST plugin is beyond me.
What I would be interested in is, can EVERY single parameter be midi-mapped with my hosts modulation devices?
Even the randomization button in the lower center?
If yes, I´ll buy it and give it a try.

I made this one a Multiscript because they are reliable across different DAWs, and can be used within the same Kontakt instrument, which is much more convenient for Cubase and Studio One users.

Although most of the parameters can be mapped, not every single one can (for instance, the randomization button). It's good to know that there's a demand for something like this though, and I might be able to add in the future.

I'm not familiar with Riffer, but I'll check it out. My view is that if there's room in the world for a variety of compressors and equalizers, there's room also for a variety of midi note generating plugins.

Thanks for your reply, my comment about Riffer was a positive one, no criticism. I love all kind of similar tools.
Yes, there is always demand for it. We nerdy sound designers are always in search of the perfect tools for creativity.
You promised the perfect tool for "controlled chaos". It is only perfect if I am the one to control my own chaos :ud:
So at the moment I will pass but would love to buy it when there is an update.

Out of curiosity, what's your preference for midi mapping a button, or anything with a simple off/on state?

Currently I'm using MIDI CC at zero is off and above zero is on. (For toggling the scale detection, and toggling silence keys.)

Another of your really great tool!
Just for your info, it's possible to pass the midi info within Logic, but you'll need a VST wrapper like e.g. Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork.
That said, I didn't try it with your script, so I couldn't say with certainty that it would translate properly.
Ley me know if ever you'de like me to give it a spin.

Great point!

I did a test with Blue Cat's Patchwork inside Logic and it does work.

Great!

Going off the video only I think there is some overlap with Riffer but not all that much really. The major difference is the random timing and the chord input to derive scales / notes on the fly.
I use Riffer all the time - is a very powerful step sequencer / randomiser but it does not take chord input to derive notes and it does not (without lots of modulation) play notes of varying lengths and onset times
Hopefully I am wrong and someone tells me how to get Riffer to do what particle accelerator does as well :)

@landofmissingparts - If I feed a chord sequence into particle accelerator will it change the notes / scale it is particalising based on the real time input

Yes, every time you press a note, it'll detect the scale. The detection will work best with triads, and pressing single notes will shift the scale root (while keeping within the same scale). And all particles will be locked to the scale (although the keys you are pressing down will be unaffected by scale detection).

Here's an example of it in practice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trgQKXxB86I
ParticleAccelerator_Chords_BeforeAfter.png
Of course, scale detection can be turned off too, if you want to stay locked within a single scale. And you can select "none", for your scale, and all notes will be allowed.

You can also limit which notes get generated. For instance, you can generate just unisons and octaves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LandofMissingParts wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:23 pm
Of course, scale detection can be turned off too, if you want to stay locked within a single scale. And you can select "none", for your scale, and all notes will be allowed.
Thanks, in this 'none' instance, if I hold down A, Bb, C Db E, would it generate particles just of those 5 notes across whatever range I have selected?

"None" means notes won't be constrained to a scale.

Let's say you hold down A, Bb, C, Db, E.
Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 7.15.23 PM.png
Each note you hold will independently spawn more notes. Here's the process it goes through:

1. It starts with a unison (the held note).

2. It randomly shifts intervals according to your settings in that circle in the center/bottom. (Here it's just "1" meaning no shift.)

3. It then randomly shifts octaves according to your settings. (Here it's -6 oct +6 oct.)

4. It constrains the notes to the range indicated over the piano. (Here it's F1-F4.)

4. If you have a scale selected (here it's "A Minor") it moves notes to fit within the scale. If "None" is selected, then there's no effect, and any note is allowed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thanks, I think I get this - does that mean what I am wanting - holding down A, Bb, C, Db, E and getting particles of only those notes (across a range I determine) is not possible?

It's possible. Here's a screen capture. I start it with just generating unisons. Then I lower and raise the octave shifting range, then the particle range (the sliders on top of the piano). I'm also automating the velocity with mod wheel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXq7e0Fwhc4
Hope this helps.

Return to “Effects”