Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

I can confirm that v1.6.3 VST3 on Mac M1 ARM native, the external sidechain works just fine. Tested in Reaper latest version.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:25 am I can confirm that v1.6.3 VST3 on Mac M1 ARM native, the external sidechain works just fine. Tested in Reaper latest version.
Thanks bmanic!

Anyone on Windows?
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

andy-cytomic wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:51 am
bmanic wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:25 am I can confirm that v1.6.3 VST3 on Mac M1 ARM native, the external sidechain works just fine. Tested in Reaper latest version.
Thanks bmanic!

Anyone on Windows?
I'm on Win11 - tested 1.6.4 (64-bit x86 VST3)
Sidechain works just fine, but save or rename preset feature doesn't work

in VST2 version I can save or rename preset (1.5.11 vst2 version)

JohnRosso wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:28 am I'm on Win11 - tested 1.6.4 (64-bit x86 VST3)

Thanks, will fix that!

andy-cytomic wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:04 am
JohnRosso wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:28 am I'm on Win11 - tested 1.6.4 (64-bit x86 VST3)

Thanks, will fix that!
So it looks like the edit window is placed in the wrong position which is down and to the right of the actual window depending on your dpi settings. Try just typing the new name straight away, press enter, and it should work to change the name.

andy-cytomic wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:07 am So it looks like the edit window is placed in the wrong position which is down and to the right of the actual window depending on your dpi settings. Try just typing the new name straight away, press enter, and it should work to change the name.
Ok, it looks like a DPI pixel offset thing. If you are running on Windows with HiDPI then the offset of the popup rename box, or if you double click on a knob to enter the value is off by the scaling factor of the HiDPI setting - easy fixed.

The Glue v1.6.5 is out for Mac and Win and is now out of beta :)

Thx Andy - what about Glue hd update? Also, I remember years ago you've mentioned there are possibilities for 1176 and Cytomic synth - are those ideas still alive or…?

HcDoom wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:48 am Thx Andy - what about Glue hd update? Also, I remember years ago you've mentioned there are possibilities for 1176 and Cytomic synth - are those ideas still alive or…?
I don't have fixed timeframes for any of those things, but they are still projects I'd like to do. I take things one step at a time, and next up now The Glue is updated is to also update The Scream and release that as both Apple Silicon and VST3, and also finish the final release including presets, manual, videos, audio examples etc. After The Scream is finished I'll have a look at The Glue v2, which will include stepped dual mono to linked control and an HD mode.

andy-cytomic wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:06 am
I don't have fixed timeframes for any of those things, but they are still projects I'd like to do.
That's too bad , I really thought the cyctomic modular was under active development .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

@andy-cytomic

Nice to see this update because I use the Glue on both AS mac & Windows 11 PC.

I haven't got round to checking out the mac version yet but tried (on win 11) switching out the vst2 v1.5.11 version to the vst3 v1.6.4 on my mix bus with the same setting, the threshold doesn't match between the 2. The threshold of the vst3 version seems to be about 2db higher. tested on Live 11 & Cubase 12.

Also when running on cubase 12 double clicking to type in the values on the controls is glitchy, the box appears lower down in the gui for the threshold, range & attack but doesn't show at all for the other controls. This works as it should on Live 11 while leaving the auto scale plugin feature on but does the same as in cubase with this feature turned off. The GUI scale is at about 150% on a 4k monitor.

This is on Windows 11 22H2 on.

EDIT: Just saw your post about v1.6.5, I'll check that out shortly.

andy-cytomic wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:10 am
andy-cytomic wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:07 am So it looks like the edit window is placed in the wrong position which is down and to the right of the actual window depending on your dpi settings. Try just typing the new name straight away, press enter, and it should work to change the name.
Ok, it looks like a DPI pixel offset thing. If you are running on Windows with HiDPI then the offset of the popup rename box, or if you double click on a knob to enter the value is off by the scaling factor of the HiDPI setting - easy fixed.
I've checked version 1.6.5 & it has fixed the GUI problem. But the difference in threshold between the vst2 & vst3 is still there. I might be imaging it but the character/response also seems to be affected, kinda feels like the sidechain is set differently when I tested on an earlier projects mix bus. (the below gif is from a different test project in Live 11, so no sidechain used)

Here's a gif to show what's happening with the exact same settings on both:

Left VST2 - Right VST3

This was done by sending the audio to 2 separate bus tracks for vst2/vst3 simultaneously.

Should the vst2 not also be version 1.6.5 because it's still v1.5.11 here, or does the installer only install the newer vst3?

Peevy2000 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:40 pm
This was done by sending the audio to 2 separate bus tracks for vst2/vst3 simultaneously.

Should the vst2 not also be version 1.6.5 because it's still v1.5.11 here, or does the installer only install the newer vst3?
Ahh, well spotted, thanks for reporting this! I just checked the code and can see I accidentally released the a "DK Solver" test version instead of the normal solver. The DK version is an option I was looking at to have fixed cpu usage at the cost of pre-computing a table (I was testing with a small table size which doesn't give exact results). I've switched it back out and can confirm that the old version and the latest v1.6.6 now null properly again. I'll do a build and upload it in 30mins or so.

TheGlue v1.6.6 is out. The normal solver is back in action so will now null perfectly with the old versions, sorry about the incorrect build.

andy-cytomic wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:42 am TheGlue v1.6.6 is out. The normal solver is back in action so will now null perfectly with the old versions, sorry about the incorrect build.
YES! All seems sorted now, I'll check it out on macos later. Thanks Andy for the speedy fix :tu:

Return to “Effects”