Ableton Push 3 - standalone MPE controller

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

machinesworking wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:39 am Having owned Live for 20 years I can flatly say there is not a chance in hell I would wait on them to implement something. They do their own thing, you are along for the ride, and anything like feature requests can take well over a decade to come.
This is a very sober assessment. Couldn't agree more.
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Same for all DAWS really, I am just as frustrated with Bitwig in that respect…the more creative the DAW the more it seems ‘bread and butter’ features are ignored!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

machinesworking wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:39 am Having owned Live for 20 years I can flatly say there is not a chance in hell I would wait on them to implement something. They do their own thing, you are along for the ride, and anything like feature requests can take well over a decade to come. Automation in clips, universal LFO, dual monitor support, full screen piano roll, all of those took over a decade from the time people started asking for them. Any sort of vaporware is just not worth it IMO.
It's a fine way that they do their own thing... just not always easy to suss out whether their own thing coincides with what ones own interests. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't wait on them.

SLiC wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:12 am Same for all DAWS really, I am just as frustrated with Bitwig in that respect…the more creative the DAW the more it seems ‘bread and butter’ features are ignored!
Yeah, one has to guess and hope that the choices the company makes coincide with ones top priorities.

Initially, Bitwig didn't have midi channel support either. But some of us MPE fanatics made some noise and they added it which ended up being a powerful capability beyond just MPE. Live still doesn't record midi channel data. And since Ableton keeps developing the workarounds for not having it, I doubt they have any intention of adding it.

I'm very happy that I switched to Bitwig for MPE cause I would still be frustrated to this day because Live's MPE is incomplete. For someone else, they might not care in the slightest about that.

Great to see stuff like this coming out so soon…stand alone LFO tool (add LFOs to anything in stand-alone) https://elisabethhomeland.gumroad.com/l ... ut=profile
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

machinesworking wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:32 am
elxsound wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:30 am Man you’re stuck on the wrong things.
Nope, you were not being very clear, it was at least a decade ago that they added the ability to change tempo etc. via Scene firing. You made some asinine assumption that came across as pedantic and dismissive.

Sometime conversations on the internet get stupid, this is one of them. You clearly said:
Sorry, you don’t seem to be the odd meter person you thought you were… It’s just that Push 3 is currently a bit limited.
That's ridiculous, I was using Live in 2008 with full sets in each Scene, a few songs in 5/4 one with 4/4 breaks another in 9/4, 5/4 and 4/4. In the writing process none of this was hard, each freaking clip can have it's own time signature, it never was that big of a deal that a Scene didn't carry a global time signature, it was nice when it got added but it didn't stop me.

Seriously, grow up, go be a pedant to someone else.
This is why I don’t like talking with you.

You don’t like people treating you the way you treat others. You quote my response as an excuse for arguing a non-argument.

My comment that seemed to have hurt your feelings was a response to your own dismissive comment.

Pedantic? Man, have you seen your posts? Irony is rich here. One damn comment triggered you.

Your are the last person that should tell anyone to grow up.

Anyways, if you really want to keep this going. Feel free to pm me.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:55 am
elxsound wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:30 am I think it’ll get added based on how long it was previously requested and how not adding it is a major regression. I don’t believe it’ll last that way for long.

That’s just my take on it. Nothing more. You obviously have your own ideas based on your experiences/perception and that’s just what it is.
You may end up right... but it could also go the other way. Since it is unknown, it is generally a good rule of thumb not to buy something based on future possibilities that one considers important.

Even when a company specifically says they plan to do something, sh*t can happen and plans go awry.
Not that I expect anyone to sift through nonsensical posts, I wasn’t trying to get anyone to buy anything.

It was just a post sharing my thoughts on what was likely going to happen based on reasons I considered relevant.

But to be clear I agree 100% for all the reasons you stated.

elxsound wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:11 pm This is why I don’t like talking with you.

You don’t like people treating you the way you treat others. You quote my response as an excuse for arguing a non-argument.
You got personal, for no real reason, yet if you look at the thread, I'm trying to figure out why without being rude, because I didn't believe you meant to be so there must have been a misunderstanding.
My comment that seemed to have hurt your feelings was a response to your own dismissive comment.
What dismissive comment? that Ableton should not be relied on for feature requests? that's just a fact.
Pedantic? Man, have you seen your posts? Irony is rich here. One damn comment triggered you.

Yeah I tried that once with someone who decided ad hominum was a great way to chat, that's a no go here. If you can't be civil in public then why would you in PMs?

I don't need to get ugly with someone I only know from comments on an audio forum. Whatever is going on with you, I hope it gets better.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:54 pm
elxsound wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:11 pm This is why I don’t like talking with you.

You got personal, for no real reason, yet if you look at the thread, I'm trying to figure out why without being rude, because I didn't believe you meant to be so there must have been a misunderstanding.
What dismissive comment? that Ableton should not be relied on for feature requests? that's just a fact.

Yeah I tried that once with someone who decided ad hominum was a great way to chat, that's a no go here. If you can't be civil in public then why would you in PMs?

I don't need to get ugly with someone I only know from comments on an audio forum. Whatever is going on with you, I hope it gets better.
Last response.

If you truly want to continue then use the PM. I personally don’t care to continue here or in PM.

If you’re done then move on already.

I have been civil. I haven’t been rude. If you can’t see that then there’s truly nothing more to say.

SLiC wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:09 am Great to see stuff like this coming out so soon…stand alone LFO tool (add LFOs to anything in stand-alone) https://elisabethhomeland.gumroad.com/l ... ut=profile
To hopefully get back on track…

This is great to see and looking forward to more.

https://youtu.be/fJCoGQruIbk

Do we have a thread for Push 3 compatible devices?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:56 am Do we have a thread for Push 3 compatible devices?
Not yet… Do you want to start one?

elxsound wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:59 am
simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:56 am Do we have a thread for Push 3 compatible devices?
Not yet… Do you want to start one?
Not yet, you?
I mean, I don’t know any compatible devices…

There's one on the Ableton forums.

Oh and so far it seems like about half of the keyboards work, but not as control surfaces, Launchpad 3 MKII etc. seems to work fine though.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”