IK support for hardware slow?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone had to log a call with IK for hardware support? Did you find it slow?

Ive got a bricked-for-USB Uno here, and a support call thats two weeks old with no response. Ive gotta assume its a different, much smaller or slower team deal with hardware support, as I had a recent ticket about software issues that got me a response in two or three days.

Anyone else had the issue of a Uno locking up with 'ERR' message when connected via USB? Any time its been mentioned on their forums, there's no explanation of a solution, the user just gets told to log a ticket, which, obviously, isnt really helping me out right now.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:20 am Anyone had to log a call with IK for hardware support? Did you find it slow?

Ive got a bricked-for-USB Uno here, and a support call thats two weeks old with no response. Ive gotta assume its a different, much smaller or slower team deal with hardware support, as I had a recent ticket about software issues that got me a response in two or three days.

Anyone else had the issue of a Uno locking up with 'ERR' message when connected via USB? Any time its been mentioned on their forums, there's no explanation of a solution, the user just gets told to log a ticket, which, obviously, isnt really helping me out right now.
They are very slow and it doesn't seem like they are that interested in suporting their HW.
They just release it and let it go.

There is a problem that has been going for a few years now on the Original Uno with their latest firmware update where the Pitch on Oscillator 2 only goes from -9 to +9 semi tones instead of -12 +12 when you use their Vst editor and when people have brought it up there is no answer or a updated Editor that fixes the problem.

well, only two and a half weeks later i got a response. they want videos of the behaviour I described.

also, they want to see a receipt to 'confirm my warranty' or somesuch. the fact that its been registered to my account since 2018 isnt enough proof that i own one, or something. wtf.

I almost bought IK's "Total Studio 4 MAX" bundle. However, after "upgrading" to Syntronik MAX v2 I discovered countless bugs in both the original Syntronik and v2. There must be zero quality control over IK software titles because there is no way that even a cursory review of SampleTank 4, for instance, wouldn't have uncovered scores of critical bugs.

I'm staying as far away from this garbage as possible, no matter how inexpensive it might seem when upgrading.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:41 amthey want to see a receipt to 'confirm my warranty' or somesuch. the fact that its been registered to my account since 2018 isnt enough proof that i own one, or something. wtf.
Probably because:
IK Legal - Warranty wrote: General Warranty Periods
All IK Multimedia retail products carry a two (2) year limited warranty. Replacement cables, power supplies, travel bags and other accessories carry a ninety (90) day warranty.
For European Union Countries, please refer to European Union Product Warranty Directive to determine warranty within your country.
Note: Items not listed on the IK Multimedia webstore, or any items purchased from an unauthorized reseller, are sold as-is with no warranty provided.
GB was EU, now UK is not :-P

Back when you bought it:
Internet Archive on the Wayback Machine wrote:
To obtain warranty service, you must:

1) Be the original purchaser who bought from an authorized dealer/reseller and register your IK product within fifteen (15) days of purchase.
[...]
General Warranty Periods
One (1) Year Warranty PARTS, Ninety (90) Days Warranty LABOR:
[...]
* UNO Drum
* UNO Synth
Based on when you bought it, the warranty is void already. But they might want to (un)tick the authorized seller box as well, because their form on the computer says so.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Im not looking for any kind of replacement, Im just looking for whatever solution they allude to having on their forums. Im not expecting them to fix it, but it would be nice if they could tell me if -I- can fix it, and, if so, then how; that doesnt seem like it expires with a warranty.
If they dont have a method they could easily say that too.
There's nothing that would be in a video that I didnt describe in my ticket, and the behaviour Im seeing has been posted on their forums multiple times, followed up with a referral to log a ticket, so I honestly dont think its a mystery to them what this is.
l had to submit the serial number when I logged the ticket, and there's a clear date recorded as to when this was registered on my account, so if this is about warranty dates, then IMO they already have everything required to establish that.

FWIW, I seem to have resolved it myself since I last posted.

Occurred to me I'd updated the firmware fairly recently, belt and braces when I installed the editor on a new system. It did work properly after that, but WTH, I tried doing that again. It now behaves properly again...

Guess IK will only advise that to people with current warranties. :sigh:

IK support just plain sucks. I've still gotten no response to my issue from them,

viewtopic.php?t=598958

Fortunately a kind audio brother was nice enough to share the drivers
and control software for my AXE I/O. I will NEVER purchase IK hardware
again.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”