One Synth Challenge #172: Lith by Soda Devices (ZioMau Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah, I do not take being quoted out of context and being accused of the disdain (which you misspelled) of humanity lightly, so keep writing your song. I may even still like it, but probably not....so enjoy being the king of your own castle!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

you ruined osc for me, so enjoy yourself, which you clearly already do
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:05 am
If OSCers still want to quarrel in a non-constructive way I suggest we create a musical platform where those not getting along can instead upload music on how they feel rather than using harsh words. :wink: Then we get to vote. :hihi: Actually that would be kinda cool to listen to.

Pro tip for all if this would ever became a reality: ”Judo (Japanese for “the gentle way”) emphasizes winning in combat by using your opponent's weight and strength as weapons against him, while preserving your own mental and physical energy. = Just make a parody of the opponent's music instead of resorting to aggresive feelings! :hihi:

Edit: By doing so you put yourself in the opponent's shoes and might even see that this person has good qualities too and drop the quarrelling :tu:
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

TheNeverScene wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:47 am @peterH, try writing a different song. Yours is usually a good song that I always love, score high and comment on, but it's the same song over, and over, and over again. It's like "insert new synth into Bitwig template", but it's a good template!
You're right. It's quite similar. That's because I have so much to learn on so many different aspects of creating "music". Right now I spend a lot of time just becoming a tiny μ better in mixing and mastering. I try to focus more. Some of my early track suffer from no focus and just enjoying sounds and adding more and more.
Additionally - I listen to a lot of techno again these days. There's so much more to explore to get the usual cliches done apart from the crazy mixes these guys do... Therefore I'm afraid this "boring" phase will last a little longer ;-)
By the way - Some weeks ago I started to add a tiny μ of structure to my songs...that futile attempt might have gone unnoticed.
All these baby-step by baby-step improvements focusing on different aspects take their time. But after some stagnation in 2021/22 it feels good to have a plan for improving. And may be some time in the future I get bored to strive for the perfect techno track and return to "story telling" like in first surge round or the waverazor round ... but who can tell ... anyway ... thanks for your patience with me ;-)
One final remark - the times when I went fully experimental were not been rewarded with much success. And I be honest - it feels not bad to get high rating for a boring "have it heard" song than getting a mediocre rating for something people don't like to listen too...

TheNeverScene wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:09 am yeah, I do not take being quoted out of context and being accused of the disdain (which you misspelled) of humanity lightly, so keep writing your song. I may even still like it, but probably not....so enjoy being the king of your own castle!
Let's get this straigth
1.) You ask people for their personal opinion about using Amps
2.) I gave you my opinion ... which did not go down well ... but why bother asking when only a "yes" is "acceptable" anyways?
3.) You complained elsewhere (this place where wagtunes still big) - The poll did not go how I was expecting it and calling it some 3rd reich stuff...
4.) I say, you called for the reaction that followed. Don't mix up action and reaction.
And yeah, thanks for calling a none native speaker out for not speaking your language perfectly. dude...!?

here comes a quick test with "LITH". it is a nice synth!

https://soundcloud.com/marks-a-whybikky ... al_sharing

this month i will have again a lot of work. so, making a whole track would not that easy ....
my test is made in Logic X with host plug-ins (EQs/Compressors/Gate/blablabla) and Tal-Reverb 4.

I hope it is an inspiration ...

TheNeverScene wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:24 am you ruined osc for me, so enjoy yourself, which you clearly already do
It's just one person. I see no one else agreeing with him. I think it's worth just ignoring. Don't let it ruin the OSC please.

empphryio wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:07 pm
TheNeverScene wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:24 am you ruined osc for me, so enjoy yourself, which you clearly already do
It's just one person. I see no one else agreeing with him. I think it's worth just ignoring. Don't let it ruin the OSC please.
I live close to Dachau, one of the first nazi concentration camps. If a dude asks for my opinion, and my opinion didn't turn out to be in hus favour ... then goes elsewhere and complains bitterly by using the phrase "goes down like a kosher sausage at a 3rd reich piknik" ... holly f**k. This kind of "joke" in this situation is so much off I cannot even tell how far off it is off... a real dare devil kind of move. And then come back after weeks and go cry us a river. Dudes... really!?

I have no idea what either of you is complaining about, because it's some disagreement you had elsewhere, weeks ago. FFS. Is this what any of us is here for? Is it any way to carry on a conversation?
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

... i updated my test-track and want to share my LITH-patches. You find it here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/lith-b ... /downloads

I don't think people should tell nazi jokes for the record. The point is there is a constructive way to tell someone you think they're doing something they shouldn't and then there's a way to just stir up a fight. This is so obviously the latter that it's worth just ignoring. The discord stalking is really creepy btw guy.

My track for this month:

Track made for KVR One Synth Challenge (OSC-172) using the Lith VST Synth.
I was thinking about the electric feeling when things go well combined with the gifts of the imagination. A track for the promise of sunshine for summer 2023.

https://soundcloud.com/user-194933727/f ... al_sharing

Liths = x6
DAW = Presonus Studio One
Plugins: De-Esser. Fat Channel, Klanghelm IVG12, Beat Delay, Pro-EQ, Room Reverb, Valhalla Super Massive, Analog Delay, Melda MCompressor, MEQ, Frontier Limiter

Hey, i'm a bit worried:?: usually in the first half of the month at least 4 or 5 tracks are submissed. Now only one :o . Either you're all on vacation or some super mega songs will arrive by the end of the month... let's go for the second, guys :hihi:

+++ Submission +++

] Peter:H [ - Toxic Minds

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/toxic-minds

Details will follow later.

ZioMau wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:24 pm Hey, i'm a bit worried:?: usually in the first half of the month at least 4 or 5 tracks are submissed. Now only one :o . Either you're all on vacation or some super mega songs will arrive by the end of the month... let's go for the second, guys :hihi:
or people are like me struggling with the constant breaks in creativity due to cpu usage and having to render out different parts breaking the flow constantly.

Return to “Instruments”