Waves Central Installer/Licenser Mac FIX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OMG that hurts. Now I will be sure I will never never get a Mac for studio applications.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Beatworld wrote: The only problem I had and am still having is the slow loading of new instances of the 9.6 AU plugins in Logic 10.2, including about 4 or 5 secs of the dreaded spinning beach ball of death.
Good news.

Waves told me to basically wipe everything Waves on my system and reinstall.
This has fixed the slow load time.
That included all Waveshells, Waves preferences,caches.
Make sure you run Waves AU Reg Utility after you have reinstalled everything.

If in doubt contact Waves support.

The problems is fixed :tu:

As somebody who eventually had to drop 10.6.8 because everyone else was doing it, there's no reason for a licence manager to require 10.8 and above. PACE can manage to support 10.6.8 and they have to deal with USB dongles as well. It probably takes more work and I'm sure Apple don't make it easy but on the Mac front there's a lot of machines that simply can't run 10.8 and beyond.

Arrested Developer wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:Its a sad but certain truth that eventually, everything gets out dated.

It's not about getting outdated.
It's just an incredible step to change an authorisation/license routine without warning the users.
That's simply unacceptable.

There are lot of companies that don't support 10.6.8 any longer.
But each of them provides ways to keep on working.

It's simply a no-no-no-no-no-go.
Period
Totally agree.

I think they could have warned users a few weeks before hand by email. They then could have given us the a walk through of the best procedure to follow.

For some reason it almost seems as if they rushed the release without proper testing. Nothing can be done about it now. Hopefully they will learn from this mistake.

And I agree that users should still be able to use their licenses on their older machines just as they have been. I'm sure this aspect was just overlooked.

If enough people make enough noise, Waves will do something about it. They've already issued their first fix a few days ago, so it's not like they've all gone on Christmas holiday.

I dunnno if i'm the only one but

I've never had any problems with wave plugins installation and registering..none!

I buy a liscence, i download the general installer from waves... i then click the plugin i want in the list and click ok

I then go to WLC and register it

..done.

Is that rare ?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I 've never had any problems too.

realmarco wrote:I dunnno if i'm the only one but

I've never had any problems with wave plugins installation and registering..none!

I buy a liscence, i download the general installer from waves... i then click the plugin i want in the list and click ok

I then go to WLC and register it

..done.

Is that rare ?
Perhaps you mean old method (with full offline installer and waves license manager, which is really works without questions), but not "Waves Central", sorry, are you sure that you tried it ? :lol:

How to fix the "waves central has encountered a system permissions issue" error when starting up on macos? There is a way! This also solves the problem with the licenses, if there is one.

In order to fully fix Waves Central and restore its startup and eliminate the problems with license activation - you need to delete all files and folders where the keyword "waves" (search in finder) in these places:

1)
/Library/Application Support/
(Delete here folders "Waves" / "Waves Audio" / "Waves Central", some of them may be folders, if you see them, delete them)

2)
/user/Library/Application Support/
(Delete here folders "Waves" / "Waves Audio" / "Waves Central", folders may be some of them if you see them, delete)

3)
/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/
(Delete all files/file with the word "waves")

4)
/user/Library/Preferences/
(Delete all files with the word "waves")

5)
/Applications/
(delete completely the Waves folder)

6)
After all manipulations - RESTART the computer, and then download the clean Waves Central in the applications and run. Now everything should go smoothly!

P.S..
If a folder is not deleting, and you get an error that the files/folder is locked by the system, you need to run a terminal and enter the command:
"chflags -R nouchg".
After that, hit "space" and DRAG the folder (that won't get deleted) directly to the terminal window (its address will appear). Here's how it should look like in terminal window for example:
"chflags -R nouchg /Applications/Waves".
Next - press enter, enter user password (it won't show) and press "enter" again. Now any folder will be deleted without any problems.

I have suffered a lot of time before I managed to fix my problem after the system recovery, none of the methods on dozens of websites did not help, so I decided to write a really working method for other users, because before that I have not found an answer to my question :)
Good luck!

just a quick question, are you guys still using Waves plugins or has everyone abandoned them and replaced them with other developers? I was planning on investing in a couple plugins from Waves, do you'll think it's still a good idea?
Ableton Live | Numark Party Mix II | Arturia MINILAB 3

A lot of Waves are really good and really heavily discounted.

Not an investment, wouldn’t base my whole studio on them (don’t really trust the company) but happy to own 5 nice Waves plugins.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Same. I bought a small bundle once and have some of their free stuff.

I don't see a reason in replacing plugins that work perfectly fine, give me exactly the results I want, and I have used in many projects before. If you want to get some, go ahead! Don't buy full price though.

Return to “Effects”